Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So PALSAPP just updated saying my car was dispatched today, does that mean it's on a truck headed to my dealer just outside of Chicago or will there be more stops???

jackienopay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mach-e GT
Country flag
I think that our cars were on the same train, and mine is coming to PA as well (Harrisburg.) According to Ford's website, my anticipated delivery date was between 10/24 and 11/2 so I don't really trust anything by Ford.

I hope that yours arrives soon!

Some progress is better than no progress. Expecting this in PA so, it may be another couple weeks based on some of the other posts in this thread. Day by day…

6D7949B8-5A57-492B-9F6E-803D492FECB6.jpeg

DFC5D559-69F8-4F5E-8E5D-D1EFA6F13AF1.jpeg

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ok so I may have stumbled onto something rather interesting...

My MME is an east-coast delivery in the Washington DC area. Through other posters in the forums, I read that United Road handles logistics and delivery for the final leg of the trip. I signed up to receive delivery receipts for my VIN number with United Road (https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt). In the process of doing so, I somehow managed to get an account within their OVISS system; I may have requested an account but don't exactly remember if I did or not (so don't ask :)).

I frequently logged in to run the VIN to see if United Road has received any status of the vehicle being "Available" for final destination delivery - no dice for a few weeks. The standard page didn't give me any other options than to run my VIN or see what was incoming to my dealership. I cannot access anything else from the OVISS hamburger menu. I can only track VINs for the dealership where my MME is to be delivered.

OVISS-desktop-VIN-search.png

OVISS-desktop-VIN-search-result.png

Earlier this AM, I logged into the site, however decided to see what the mobile view looked like and checked the box from the login page for "Prefer mobile on this device".

OVISS-login-page.png

This seemed to unlock a few other discovery options, including seeing the Order History for my MME VIN, starting back from the date my Window Sticker was produced. The latest update mentions "RailCar changed to TTGX922128", which is a Norfolk Southern Equipment ID. I took that information, used the Norfolk Southern Intermodal Tracing system (available on the OP) and found that my MME is passing through PA, almost at Wilmington/New Castle DE Ford distribution lot.

OVISS-mobile-dashboard.png

OVISS-mobile-VIN-orderhistory.png

Again, this is something I accidentally stumbled upon and have not tried to reproduce with making a new account. I also want to note this is probably only useful for those taking deliveries on the East Coast, and potentially only the Mid-Atlantic area. YMMV.

If you happen to attempt to reproduce, let us know your result!
Great info! I vaguely recall a member in Maryland mentioned that he was able to get the rail car number through the United Road website, so I think your results are reproducible.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for the rail car info to show up after your car was transferred to Norfolk Southern in Kansas City?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Great info! I vaguely recall a member in Maryland mentioned that he was able to get the rail car number through the United Road website, so I think your results are reproducible.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for the rail car info to show up after your car was transferred to Norfolk Southern in Kansas City?
Shipped 10/19 (according to Seg.fyi)
Palsapp reported shuffle from KC to Birmingham ramp on 11/1.
United Road system reporting NS railcar number on 11/8.

I’m in belief that my MME was in Birmingham for about 6 days and started its journey east on 11/7 or 11/8. Hit west PA on 11/14 and east PA today.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Shipped 10/19 (according to Seg.fyi)
Palsapp reported shuffle from KC to Birmingham ramp on 11/1.
United Road system reporting NS railcar number on 11/8.

I’m in belief that my MME was in Birmingham for about 6 days and started its journey east on 11/7 or 11/8. Hit west PA on 11/14 and east PA today.
Thanks! I'll wait a week before attempting to find the rail car number carrying my car, which was just transferred to Norfolk Southern in Kansas City last night.

Once it arrives New Castle, DE, it should be a relatively short wait for me. More than half of the deliveries in my area appear to be handled by independent contractors working for United Road, they go to the yard after midnight, pick up a load, and head home by 6AM, this works for them because of the proximity.

ChuckSchick26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME (I hope!)
Country flag
Hi, I'm new to the order tracking but have been reading a great deal of posts. Still, I wonder if I'm reading something wrong. The Ford order tracking site, SEG app, and the Tracker tool in these forums all say the car Production date: 8/16/21, Shipped on 9/30, and Delivered on 10/28. That means delivered to dealership, right?? The only site that didn't provide any info was the United Road website; no info or even an error saying they can't find my VIN.

The backstory is that I switched my order over to a dealer order back in early October when they told me the car would be available in early November. They said it was even then on a train making it's way west. When I was checking in on progress at the end of October, they told me it was "stuck" in Richmond, CA waiting for drivers to transport to them. Then a little over a week ago I was told that they had received bad info and car hadn't left on the train yet, but was now in transit but couldn't tell me when it was supposed to arrive.

This all led me to learning about the various tracking tools posted in the forum and trying them. Am I right to suspect something is off with what they're telling me? I think I should ask for the Vehicle Visibility Report.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I think I should ask for the Vehicle Visibility Report.
Yes, definitely do that. I wonder why the Ford site says it has been delivered but the dealer says it has not. Or is that an estimated delivery date? If it is the delivered date, it seems suspicious to me. Do you have a trustworthy dealer? Not all are. It is possible they got the car in and sold it to someone else. Others have reported that happening, especially if you are not the original order holder.

Rickyricardo27

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD S & Tesla M3P
Country flag
So PALSAPP just updated saying my car was dispatched today, does that mean it's on a truck headed to my dealer just outside of Chicago or will there be more stops???
Hey I’m in the Chicago suburbs too! Which dealer did you go through? I think your status means it’s getting ready to leave kc

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
I think that our cars were on the same train, and mine is coming to PA as well (Harrisburg.) According to Ford's website, my anticipated delivery date was between 10/24 and 11/2 so I don't really trust anything by Ford.

I hope that yours arrives soon!
Likewise...I have actively and purposely filled my time with other things to do instead of focusing on this delay...I've been more productive than I have been in weeks.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
he only site that didn't provide any info was the United Road website; no info or even an error saying they can't find my VIN.
United Road is east coast servicing only.

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
So what service delivers to the West? Once the car arrives in KC how does it travel? I’m in Nevada so I would assume it would go to Southern California and then back East to here. Otherwise it would probably stop in Phoenix.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
So what service delivers to the West? Once the car arrives in KC how does it travel? I’m in Nevada so I would assume it would go to Southern California and then back East to here. Otherwise it would probably stop in Phoenix.
Review the first post. It most probably will be Union Pacific rail.

Neablis

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
How do people sign up for united road? Oviss login page doesnt have a way to sign up, and i dont see any way to sign up on the delivery receipt page. Did they change the site or am i missing something?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
How do people sign up for united road? Oviss login page doesnt have a way to sign up, and i dont see any way to sign up on the delivery receipt page. Did they change the site or am i missing something?
Only dealers are supposed to be able to create accounts. When others have done it, it is because they signed up as the dealer and the dealer didn't already have an account. It isn't worth the effort IMO.
Sponsored