07/18/22 Build Week Gang

Have you received your car as of 9/14/22?

• Total voters

StephsMachE

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
My vehicle is still in Richard-gebaur, Ramp 6R, and affected by the rail embargo like the rest of CA bound vehicles. This sucks tbh, I had timed the selling of my Model 3 around the original ETA, which turned out to be a mistake on my part. I hope the embargo lifts soon or, wishful thinking, these cars are brought in by truck.
I thought most to CA were going via convoy...wonder why it appears they are not and waiting on rail cars. hmmm
Sponsored

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
My vehicle is still in Richard-gebaur, Ramp 6R, and affected by the rail embargo like the rest of CA bound vehicles. This sucks tbh, I had timed the selling of my Model 3 around the original ETA, which turned out to be a mistake on my part. I hope the embargo lifts soon or, wishful thinking, these cars are brought in by truck.
Mines also on that ramp for 5 weeks now. Waiting on a truck to drive it for 3 hours to the dealer.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
Mine getting damaged a week after being dropped off there (or at least that's when they reported it) sucks, but it also got me out of that dreaded Ramp 6R. Now I'm at a Ford assembly plant just north and supposedly going to a dealership in KC to be fixed. I'm hoping, but not expecting, that I might get pushed through faster once it's done. If they send me back to Richards-gebaur, I'm going to lose it lol

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Mine getting damaged a week after being dropped off there (or at least that's when they reported it) sucks, but it also got me out of that dreaded Ramp 6R. Now I'm at a Ford assembly plant just north and supposedly going to a dealership in KC to be fixed. I'm hoping, but not expecting, that I might get pushed through faster once it's done. If they send me back to Richards-gebaur, I'm going to lose it lol
LOL I hope not!!

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
My every few day check-in with Ford has resulted in no updates since 8/23. Still at Kansas City Asy, MO with no ETA known. FWIW, tomorrow started my original delivery window.

Maybe Ford got annoyed with me checking in all the time and had a yard worker punch the car 😂

first_time_ev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium 4X
Country flag
Hmm Ford chat just told me my car is on stop ship 10 miles away from the dealer at the rail yard. The delivery date just kept getting pushed back but no other communication from Ford or my dealer.

May be good for others to check too if your delivery estimate keeps changing …

dcohen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, MME on order
Country flag
So, my estimated delivery has apparently been pushed to Oct 3-9 from Sept 3-9 and current location is Muncie, KS. However, I have a Norfolk Southern Rail car # that Norfolk Southern is reporting as making its way from Kansas and was in Pittsburg last night. It looks like either I am on a train, moving the final rail destination or they reuse the same rail car # and it is scheduled to wait for the rail car to come back to Kansas. Does anyone know if they "reuse" the railcar ID in this manner? My gut says it is a bit unlikely.

OP
OP

mstnggt66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Ext AWD | 1966 Ford Mustang GT
Country flag
So, my estimated delivery has apparently been pushed to Oct 3-9 from Sept 3-9 and current location is Muncie, KS. However, I have a Norfolk Southern Rail car # that Norfolk Southern is reporting as making its way from Kansas and was in Pittsburg last night. It looks like either I am on a train, moving the final rail destination or they reuse the same rail car # and it is scheduled to wait for the rail car to come back to Kansas. Does anyone know if they "reuse" the railcar ID in this manner? My gut says it is a bit unlikely.
Ford didn't know my railcar was anywhere but KS until it landed at the final unload ramp. Doesn't seem like Ford's system ties into the rail tracking and doesn't care about the between scans.

In fact, it arrived at the Ohio Assembly plant rail stop last week but apparently the rail car got moved to a city further down the line and then brought back to unload. It wasn't until yesterday it registered as on "Ramp 07, Ohio Asy" which means the car is off the railcar and sitting on land waiting for transport.

In hindsight, it's really better just to not follow it. The logistics are what they are and trying to figure it out makes it more frustrating.

Last edited:

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
In hindsight, it's really better just to not follow it. The logistics are what they are and trying to figure it out makes it more frustrating.
Ha, good advice.

My car still says delivery this week on the website. My friendly salesperson has offered me daily updates this week! Today there was no change from yesterday in status tracking.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Checked the website this morning. My delivery window has moved from this week to the week of 9/15.

Sigh.

OP
OP

mstnggt66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Ext AWD | 1966 Ford Mustang GT
Country flag
Even though we're dumping our current car at Carmax for a crazy amount this week, I'm not counting on getting the Mach-E before Labor Day.
So on 8/9 I made this prediction and it's going to end up being correct!
Sponsored