benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
One of the articles I read said that a Ford dealer would be able to have 95% of Mach E parts within 24 hours. I know one of the biggest issues with Tesla is the availability of parts and timelines of repairs.

Shihear

First Name
Shihear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
One of the articles I read said that a Ford dealer would be able to have 95% of Mach E parts within 24 hours. I know one of the biggest issues with Tesla is the availability of parts and timelines of repairs.
Replacement parts is a huge issue for Teslas. They provide good service for issues that don’t require new parts but if you do you’re SOL for a while.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ground clearance on the Mach E is 5.7 inches. The Model 3 is 5.5 inches. I am curious what the Model Y's will be. I feel like the two main drives of a crossover is ride height and carbo space. It sounds like some of the EV crossovers may not have the ride height of a typical crossover.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I class the mach-e the same as the i-pace and polestar 2 they are just tall hatchbacks due to having a raised floor due to the batteries, still is manufactures want to call them crossovers be my guest as it seems this is going to be the only hatchback I will be able to purchase from ford on these shores since the focus has once again become forbidden fruit :(

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Standard Range, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Fiat 500E
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
I'm a Model X owner. The fact that the Y went with boring doors makes the styling that much less interesting for me. That and the Dash, maybe you get used to it but putting everything in the middle of the car does not work for me. i'm not saying the Y is ugly either, but I like the falcon wing doors a lot.

The big things I see Ford having the chance to win in are the in car system (whatever we call it, it's not infotainment any more, it's more than that) but they work with CarPlay and Android Auto. That's a Big Deal. Even with the autopilot you have to futz with the phone a lot more in the Tesla if you want to do anything or if music stops weirdly or whatever. CarPlay (that's what I use) makes it so easy to fix music or podcatss when they stop vs having to unlock the phone and find it. Sure, with Autopilot I can theoretically ignore the road for a while but legally I'm in hot water. Sure they added spotify and all that, but i live on my phone not my car's system. Ford seems to have really applied a lot of what they've learned from Sync into the Mach E and I'm excited, I can't wait to check it out in person.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
The reason I would not go with a Tesla is the fact they do not support Apple Carplay/Android Auto. Like you, I use CarPlay constantly in my cars. Not sure why Tesla does not support them.

I have heard you will be able to run Carplay AND the Ford apps on the Mach-e's big screen side-by-side. And, it's wireless Carplay (And AA), too.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have OG Sync in my 2011 focus, so just having android auto is exciting to me. I just have the basic bluetooth connectivity.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's really great to see the side-by-side comparisons between the Model Y and the Mach-E. If the Model 3 were a hatchback, I would buy it. Instead, Tesla is offering the bloated, disproportionate-looking Model Y as the hatchback variant. In contrast, the Mach-E's appearance is gorgeous with a sleek profile with the blacked out roof line that tapers to a spoiler and a great looking hood. I understand the "nosecone" generates mixed opinions with lots of comparisons to 2012-16 Model S, but I don't see the resemblance.

Aside from the appearance, it's the straight up comparable specs between the two vehicles that is great to see. Ford has done a great job to match the Model Y's range and power. Many have scoffed at Ford's use of much larger batteries to achieve the same numbers but I think it's too early to know what the actual miles/kWh figure we're looking at nor do we know how much of the Mach-E's energy is walled off.

glmus

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Nissan Leaf
Country flag
I won't be getting one until 4/21 when the lease for my 2018 Leaf SL runs out. I have had 3 Leafs and one BMW EV. I prefer my 2018 to the rest - 150 miles is fine since we only do city travelling.
Re the batteries, I believe that Tesla will have the edge in batteries. I would like to hear from someone who is somewhat of an expert on this issue. I am happy to see Ford get in the game and I love the Mach E. Can anyone find a list of all of features on each of the 5 models? Aroundview?? etc. There are some nice videos of what I want on the car, but I don't know which models have what. I would have purchased one of their earlier EVs, but in Las Vegas I could never find one. Dealers and salesmen could care less about EVs, maybe this model will spark them. I have a friend who sells Fords/Lincolns. I was extolling the virtue of EVs, but he is an ICE man - doesn't seem to care about the Earth, would rather shift than live.
Sponsored