2023 Premium AWD extRange vs CaRout1 AWD

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone know the range difference? Or other key differences? Seems better (aka cheaper) to go Rt1 with standard AWD than to go premium and pay $8600 for extended range (290). What am I missing? Oh and suddenly we are in the price world of a TeslaModel Y: AWD, 311 range, tech, charging network that works; I really wanted (want) to justify the mach e, but just donā€™t know if I can. Looks? Eye of the beholder, both look great. That only gets me so far in this decision.
Sponsored

Mr_Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many to list
Country flag
Premium gets 19" wheels, funky interior lighting, door sill scuff plates, power passenger seat, power liftgate, LED headlamps, adj headrests, B&O sound. Range on CA Rt1 vs Prem AWD ER should be essentially the same.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Premium gets 19" wheels, funky interior lighting, door sill scuff plates, power passenger seat, power liftgate, LED headlamps, adj headrests, B&O sound. Range on CA Rt1 vs Prem AWD ER should be essentially the same.
Funky? šŸ¤£

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Anyone know the range difference? Or other key differences? Seems better (aka cheaper) to go Rt1 with standard AWD than to go premium and pay $8600 for extended range (290). What am I missing? Oh and suddenly we are in the price world of a TeslaModel Y: AWD, 311 range, tech, charging network that works; I really wanted (want) to justify the mach e, but just donā€™t know if I can. Looks? Eye of the beholder, both look great. That only gets me so far in this decision.
If youā€™re ok with poor build quality, a bare interior with a center screen that controls virtually every function, and almost never meeting the EPA stated range, then yes, the Model Y may be right for you. It certainly is quicker. Better hurry though, ā€œFSDā€ jumps to $15K in a few days šŸ˜‚šŸ‘šŸ»

Reactions: SWO

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Agree with this list except check the power lift gate. I think they added that to CA Rt 1 after 2021. I don't have it on my 2021 Rt 1 and kind of wish I did. All the other stuff, I can live without.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
note model Y real world range likely lower than EPA number while MME about same.
I get about 270 on my model Y Performance (EPA 303), but about 240 on my SR RWD MME (EPA 230) with similar driving history.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
To compare the two models you can check out the order guide here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...r-guide-updated-monthly-u-s-canada-tbd.21000/

The range on the Route1 would be slightly better because it has 18" wheels instead of 19" on the Premium.

OP
OP
ElectrifyME

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If youā€™re ok with poor build quality, a bare interior with a center screen that controls virtually every function, and almost never meeting the EPA stated range, then yes, the Model Y may be right for you. It certainly is quicker. Better hurry though, ā€œFSDā€ jumps to $15K in a few days šŸ˜‚šŸ‘šŸ»
Range is basically a bonus for any car I get, because they will all be (much) better than the select I have ordered. I donā€™t know if the build quality thing you refer to is valid today, maybe was in the past. And zero desire for FSD so I would never pay for that. But I do agree the interior of the MY is a bit minimal for my taste, and as stated I would still like to justify the mme. But premium vs Rt1, couldnā€™t find the detailed specs. So thatā€™s why I asked here:)

OP
OP
ElectrifyME

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
note model Y real world range likely lower than EPA number while MME about same.
I get about 270 on my model Y Performance (EPA 303), but about 240 on my SR RWD MME (EPA 230) with similar driving history.
Thatā€™s a pretty big difference in range for your Yā€¦ but itā€™s a performance so I donā€™t know.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
...about that Tesla mile range thing... yikes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 Premium AWD extRange vs CaRout1 AWD 1661544268805

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thatā€™s a pretty big difference in range for your Yā€¦ but itā€™s a performance so I donā€™t know.
Tesla games their EPA range, Car & Driver has an explainer: The Secret Adjustment Factor Tesla Uses to Get Its Big EPA Range Numbers

Based on Edmunds testing of EVs, every single Tesla they have tested fell short of its EPA range because of this, while every single Mach-E has exceeded its range because Ford has been conservative with their EPA figures, especially on the non-GTs.

According to Edmundsā€™ real world testing, the highest range Mach-Es handily beat out the highest range Model Ys. Edmunds Tested: Electric Car Range and Consumption

OP
OP
ElectrifyME

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...about that Tesla mile range thing... yikes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 Premium AWD extRange vs CaRout1 AWD 1661544268805
Nice visualā€¦ ironically the numbers are basically the same for MME and MYā€¦ except it doesnā€™t say which MME build. Yes, I am aware MME is typically higher than Ford estimates.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Agree with this list except check the power lift gate. I think they added that to CA Rt 1 after 2021. I don't have it on my 2021 Rt 1 and kind of wish I did. All the other stuff, I can live without.
Oh, that would be sweet! I didn't see that on the last equipment change sheet (4/1/22), unless a newer one was put out. I get my CR1 on 9/12, allegedly.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Nice visualā€¦ ironically the numbers are basically the same for MME and MYā€¦ except it doesnā€™t say which MME build. Yes, I am aware MME is typically higher than Ford estimates.
Not the same. Ford actually does what it says it will do. So does every other manufacturer for that matter except Tesla... misses by a huge percentage.

270 mile range is for a MME extended range, AWD.
Sponsored