Mpalmer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Here is my saga...GTPE 8/20/21 order...built 3/8...'shipped' 3/9....finally got confirmation that it was in Birmingham MO....although this info cam via Palsapp...it only showed it was supposedly there on 4/10. Now the mystery starts...dealer VVR shows the same with no other info available as of last Friday. Tuesday I called Ford and got bounced all around only to finally get someone to fess up that there is a rail car delay issue but they can't give me the rail car number.
I then called Norfolk Southern and got a very helpful person that put me in touch with (of all people) the yard manager who handles automotive rail cars. He proceeded to tell me other than some employee issues there is nothing major that he can see in his yard. There are hundreds of cars moving through it daily....Without my rail car # he can't help me...they are no longer allowed the VIN info on the manifest.
So I get a call back (missed it) voicemail from a Ford manager in marketing with all the platitudes etc...but can't provide the rail info. His final statement was they show an estimated 5/25 arrival....they obviously know where the car is and refuse to tell me. Something is VERY fishy here....even my dealer is puzzeled as they can't seem to get more info.
When I see the success Tesla is having and the ease at which they can produce, ship and be more profitable than Ford, it is giving me pause now about buying this...not to mention all the issues I read daily. What further frustrates me is the fact that I see cars being shipped out of Vera Cruz which is what I had hoped would have occured with my car as I am in S. Florida.
That sounds like just about exact the same timeline mine is on at this point. Even the order and build date pretty much. My dealer is also out of the loop and has no idea what is going on. Good for you for investigating further. So have you done a vin search on palsapp already and yours doesn't show a car#? Mine has shown a car# for a while now.
Sponsored

400 VOLT

First Name
HALLNET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT PE
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
That sounds like just about exact the same timeline mine is on at this point. Even the order and build date pretty much. My dealer is also out of the loop and has no idea what is going on. Good for you for investigating further. So have you done a vin search on palsapp already and yours doesn't show a car#? Mine has shown a car# for a while now.

Just trip# & Freight bill# which hasn't changed.... NORFOLK SOUTHERN (VOLTZ)
I access Palsapp off a website

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag
Here is my saga...GTPE 8/20/21 order...built 3/8...'shipped' 3/9....finally got confirmation that it was in Birmingham MO....although this info cam via Palsapp...it only showed it was supposedly there on 4/10. Now the mystery starts...dealer VVR shows the same with no other info available as of last Friday. Tuesday I called Ford and got bounced all around only to finally get someone to fess up that there is a rail car delay issue but they can't give me the rail car number.
I then called Norfolk Southern and got a very helpful person that put me in touch with (of all people) the yard manager who handles automotive rail cars. He proceeded to tell me other than some employee issues there is nothing major that he can see in his yard. There are hundreds of cars moving through it daily....Without my rail car # he can't help me...they are no longer allowed the VIN info on the manifest.
So I get a call back (missed it) voicemail from a Ford manager in marketing with all the platitudes etc...but can't provide the rail info. His final statement was they show an estimated 5/25 arrival....they obviously know where the car is and refuse to tell me. Something is VERY fishy here....even my dealer is puzzeled as they can't seem to get more info.
When I see the success Tesla is having and the ease at which they can produce, ship and be more profitable than Ford, it is giving me pause now about buying this...not to mention all the issues I read daily. What further frustrates me is the fact that I see cars being shipped out of Vera Cruz which is what I had hoped would have occured with my car as I am in S. Florida.
I am a 3/24 build and had a similar issue. My car arrived to my dealer in central FL about 10 days after arriving at Birmingham MO. It will happen. There are many uncontrolable issues with the transportation side.

400 VOLT

First Name
HALLNET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT PE
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I am a 3/24 build and had a similar issue. My car arrived to my dealer in central FL about 10 days after arriving at Birmingham MO. It will happen. There are many uncontrolable issues with the transportation side.

I am already 11 days since it supposedly came in to MO....why no rail car #...why are they saying 5/25....really horrific logistics in 2022!!

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
Please do not think that Tesla is better. My wife order was moved back and forth many times so she gave up and we bought MME from lot. Her cousin had same experience and as result she had to borrow her parents car for month.

cujo70056

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME gt
Occupation
Maintenance
Country flag
I know it is a bit far for you, but I went through Gosch Ford in Temecula and I can tell you my experience has been flawless with the MME. I've had a love/hate relationship with that dealer over the 20 years and 5 Fords I've owned. But, I can tell the new leadership really made a difference there. Very low pressure and the Service Writers are actually helpful and recommend services based on what the value is to you as a customer, not based on a bonus they may receive for pushing specific services or parts.
I'm going through Gosch Temeculafor my GT space white, can you give me any heads up or things to consider when mine comes in hopefully May or June

imdickie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e GT
Occupation
Digital Pimp
Country flag
I'm going through Gosch Temeculafor my GT space white, can you give me any heads up or things to consider when mine comes in hopefully May or June
Just picked mine up on Tuesday. If you are doing Ford Options like I did be ready to stay a while. Finance guy was nice enough, but really had no idea how to write the contract. I had Connie as a sales person and she owns a MME herself and did a good job helping me set it up.

Be careful of that first test drive. The acceleration will shock you a bit.

Good luck and have fun.

cujo70056

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME gt
Occupation
Maintenance
Country flag
Nice, so no issues with up pricing, I'm looking at going through credit union

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
My car shows Delivered KC, Kansas City, Argentine Ramp in Palsapp as of 4/25. My delivery window email that I received on 3/24 said my target was 4/25-5/1. Does this still seem possible? The final destination is in South Carolina.

Pidg133

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select Rapid red & ordered 2022 GT Ice Blue
Country flag
My car shows Delivered KC, Kansas City, Argentine Ramp in Palsapp as of 4/25. My delivery window email that I received on 3/24 said my target was 4/25-5/1. Does this still seem possible? The final destination is in South Carolina.
have you contacted the ford support and asked for an update and/or a rail car number?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
have you contacted the ford support and asked for an update and/or a rail car number?
No, but I got the email today that it is delayed and the new date is May 25-31 - so I guess I'll just wait a bit longer. Ordered on 8/7/2021...I know others have waited longer, but it's still a long wait.

annanri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2022 Premium Red
Country flag
No, but I got the email today that it is delayed and the new date is May 25-31 - so I guess I'll just wait a bit longer. Ordered on 8/7/2021...I know others have waited longer, but it's still a long wait.
A lot of people in other threads saying that they get delayed email but then the car still arrives early. Check last few pages of the 3/14 build group.

OP
OP
CaityPerry

CaityPerry

First Name
Cait
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mach-E Premium Ext RWD)
Country flag
Nice, so no issues with up pricing, I'm looking at going through credit union
Sharing a tip in case it helps—I went through a credit union here in Austin but the dealership tried to be a little shady with me. I went to pick up my car, we agreed on numbers, and after I mentioned my financing was already pre-approved (2.45% interest at UFCU). They were “confident” they could beat it so I let them try. While they were pulling numbers I went to check out the Mach and one of their guys walked out and said they wouldn’t accept my financing. That credit unions were “taking 90 days to deposit money” lately and that “that doesn’t seem fair right? I get my car but they don’t get their money”. 🙄 They tried to tell me I had to finance through them and could refinance through my credit union later if I wanted.

I was alone so I think they were trying to take advantage but I pushed back and called the Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner in front of them, and they explicitly stated that the dealership cannot deny valid outside financing options. If they tried, I could have filed a complaint with TOCCC for which they could face penalty.

Not sure if other states are like this, but don’t let them tell you they won’t take your credit union just because they want to do your financing themselves.

P.s. I had to call the dealership almost a month later to ask why they hadn’t deposited my credit union check yet
they just hadn’t gotten around to it yet. So yeah, they were really worried about getting paid quickly it seems. 😂

Last edited:

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
Sharing a tip in case it helps—I went through a credit union here in Austin but the dealership tried to be a little shady with me. I went to pick up my car, we agreed on numbers, and after I mentioned my financing was already pre-approved (2.45% interest at UFCU). They were “confident” they could beat it so I let them try. While they were pulling numbers I went to check out the Mach and one of their guys walked out and said they wouldn’t accept my financing. That credit unions were “taking 90 days to deposit money” lately and that “that doesn’t seem fair right? I get my car but they don’t get their money”. 🙄 They tried to tell me I had to finance through them and could refinance through my credit union later if I wanted.

I was alone so I think they were trying to take advantage but I pushed back and called the Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner in front of them, and they explicitly stated that the dealership cannot deny valid outside financing options. If they tried, I could have filed a complaint with TOCCC for which they could face penalty.

Not sure if other states are like this, but don’t let them tell you they won’t take your credit union just because they want to do your financing themselves.

P.s. I had to call the dealership almost a month later to ask why they hadn’t deposited my credit union check yet
they just hadn’t gotten around to it yet. So yeah, they were really worried about getting paid quickly it seems. 😂
Very strange about CU financing, we tried this road for my wife car and it could delay pick up for 3-4 days . They planned to issue cashier check to dealership. Ironically, dealership financed us with another credit union