Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Nope, only received one update since I picked up the car which was for BlueCruise maps (which should have been performed by dealer prior to delivery). Still waiting on the recall OTA which appears to have not been released yet to non-EA vehicles.

Other than that, a few issues I've noticed:

- PaaK walk-away lock is 90% effective, I always have to monitor if I get the notification when I get somewhere, otherwise I lock from the FP app.
- Trip distance doesn't reset reliably - 90% of the time, my distance is carrying over from previous trips. There's a workaround for this if you're experiencing it too, which is to start in accessory mode (foot off the brake) and then start regularly.
- I had a GPS issue where it was totally messed up, most notably showing me heading East when I was heading North, but it resolved itself after sitting overnight and driving elsewhere.

Also wired up a front and rear dashcam with the BlackVue DR900X. Took a decent amount of effort but super clean with the only wires visible being a super short (3-5cm wraparound) power run to the rearview mirror housing, and another short connection run from the rear camera into the vehicle. I'll take a picture and upload later. Anybody else done anything to their car and/or noticed any issues?

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Nice! I'm adding a Front dashcam, Garmin Mini2 with Donger mirror connector, sometime in the next few days. Tinted the windows, solid strip to the hood.

I've had the no reset trip issue (do the workaround), headlight switch (TSB), overheating charging pad (TSB), and have not tried PaaK at all.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Drove the car around a bit tonight to see if I could get the recall OTA to come down, as it seems to be deploying pretty widespread according to reports on the forum. TL;DR on the OTA process is that you need to drive for a bit to get the LVB charged up and for the car to connect and download, and then it will install while you're parked. More in-depth explanation here and here.

Also got my OBDLinkEX delivered today and enabled my hands-free liftgate which is working pretty well to open, but makes me do the hokey pokey (numerous times) to close. Cars being built today *still* have the physical module installed, so it boggles the mind why Ford is not enabling this from the factory for all 2022 models.

method93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Standard Range Rapid Red
Country flag
Anyone in this group receive a “Ford Price Protection Refund” check? I just got a check from the dealer in the mail that I was not expecting (not that I am arguing). I’m a little wary about cashing it (silly me I know).

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
Anyone in this group receive a “Ford Price Protection Refund” check? I just got a check from the dealer in the mail that I was not expecting (not that I am arguing). I’m a little wary about cashing it (silly me I know).
lucky you!!! No Price Protection check for me 😭 I’m just glad I got the HVBJB OTA update so I’m not trying to piss off the Ford Gods 😂

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
I think most of us got the price protection directly applied to the MSRP. At least I did…

I just cracked 3,000 miles! Who has the most miles here in our build group?

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I think most of us got the price protection directly applied to the MSRP. At least I did…

^^^^^^
Same

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag

Mine was settled at closing.

I am at 4850 miles. Two trips of 1400 out and back. Still really enjoying this car. Glad to see Ford making the changes at the dealership level. Think about it …. DC chargers at dealerships. That will help those with range anxieties.

davhalt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E AWD
Country flag

I just rolled 6000 miles this week as I drive 25 miles one way to work everyday. Not a single issue, even on longer trips. The only thing I noticed is that my 100% miles reading floated down to about 280-282 from above 290 after the first few weeks.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Mine was settled at closing.

I am at 4850 miles. Two trips of 1400 out and back. Still really enjoying this car. Glad to see Ford making the changes at the dealership level. Think about it …. DC chargers at dealerships. That will help those with range anxieties.
I've only had 1 big trip, 450 each way, had to use DCFC 3 times each way. Funny thing, was outbound, the internal NAV selected EVGO stations, and on the return EA stations, one of which was a disaster 2 of 6 stations working.

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag

I put 200mi on mine the first day, 800 the second (driving from the dealer to home). I'm past 6k now. Love this car!

method93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Standard Range Rapid Red
Country flag
I put 200mi on mine the first day, 800 the second (driving from the dealer to home). I'm past 6k now. Love this car!
I’m up to 4800 now. A new job and longer commute than intended so I’m racking up miles.

I thought I got price protection up front so I’ll just count my blessings
Sponsored