3/7/22 Build Week Gang

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
Look what arrived! Thanks 3/7 gang for the tracking help and info. Everyone says it …… Well worth the wait!

4CBAFAEB-7BC1-44BD-9205-2659931302CA.jpeg
Awesome! Congrats. What color is that?

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got the word earlier today my car arrived to the dealership and should be picking it up Monday!
Are you in NorCal or SoCal @Pidg133? And do you know approximately when your car first arrived in state? Curious because I've heard there's a months long backlog of cars at the unloading yards in the NorCal Bay Area. Not sure if the same is true for SoCal.

Pidg133

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select Rapid red & ordered 2022 GT Ice Blue
Country flag
Are you in NorCal or SoCal @Pidg133? And do you know approximately when your car first arrived in state? Curious because I've heard there's a months long backlog of cars at the unloading yards in the NorCal Bay Area. Not sure if the same is true for SoCal.
SoCal. I know it arrived in Mira Loma on April 24. It took about 5 days to get to my dealer in Orange County after hitting the train yard

Ted_Exotic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD SR
Anyone in East coast and experiencing shipping delays? Premium RWD SR here. Supposed be delivered to dealer the week of 21 APR then got delayed to the week after. Waiting for it every week since then and Ford always ended up updating the tracker and delayed it. Now Ford is saying delivery of week of 11 May...... Called dealer for updates and all they can tell is the car is at the plant (don't know where) and not picked up by any trucks yet.

The waiting is absolutely killing me lol...the worse part is you know there is more to it but Ford just won't be upfront with those info.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
I'm in South Carolina and am waiting for a Premium ER RWD. My original arrival date was Apr 25th and is now May 25th. I used OrderTrack to see it was in KC on April 25th. I agree - the waiting is killing me. We have a trip planned on June 28th and I was hoping to use it, so it really better not get pushed out again!

400 VOLT

First Name
HALLNET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT PE
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
FINALLY picked up my GTPE which was built 3/8 and supposedly shipped on 3/9...took about 45 days to get to S. FL. Although it was really getting frustrating after waiting 7 1/2 months....once it got here it was certainly worth the wait. Dealer experience was decent and I got them (patiently) to accept price protection, X-plan, $750 spif and no other add ons. The only issue now is dealing with EVERYONE that stops me to ask questions...taking pics and trying to get a ride😆 The paint job is top notch...virtually no orange peel....still finding some red clay in trim areas from either the trip through Mexico or Texas. Also found it caked in the back of the front grill panels when they were open...rinsed all that out and the radiator as well.

My first mod was the 12V battery holes....really is amazing they didn't provide access. It is even worse that the battery is in such a difficult place to service. Luckily voltage was fine after the journey so maybe they have solved the 4OOV-12V management. The overall experience so far has been fantastic...even got the side laminated glass but no kick hatch. Little gripes...back seat at night is a bit cave like...really went cheap not putting LED footwell lights or matching in door lighting. Also the glove box could use a light and flocked/fuzzy interior to keep items from rattling (my 2003 MDX had it). Having an issue getting Alexa to setup...I think it is a conflict with Android Auto/Google fighting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/7/22 Build Week Gang pic-1-

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/7/22 Build Week Gang pic-2-

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FINALLY picked up my GTPE which was built 3/8 and supposedly shipped on 3/9...took about 45 days to get to S. FL. Although it was really getting frustrating after waiting 7 1/2 months....once it got here it was certainly worth the wait. Dealer experience was decent and I got them (patiently) to accept price protection, X-plan, $750 spif and no other add ons. The only issue now is dealing with EVERYONE that stops me to ask questions...taking pics and trying to get a ride😆 The paint job is top notch...virtually no orange peel....still finding some red clay in trim areas from either the trip through Mexico or Texas. Also found it caked in the back of the front grill panels when they were open...rinsed all that out and the radiator as well.

My first mod was the 12V battery holes....really is amazing they didn't provide access. It is even worse that the battery is in such a difficult place to service. Luckily voltage was fine after the journey so maybe they have solved the 4OOV-12V management. The overall experience so far has been fantastic...even got the side laminated glass but no kick hatch. Little gripes...back seat at night is a bit cave like...really went cheap not putting LED footwell lights or matching in door lighting. Also the glove box could use a light and flocked/fuzzy interior to keep items from rattling (my 2003 MDX had it). Having an issue getting Alexa to setup...I think it is a conflict with Android Auto/Google fighting.

pic-1-jpg.jpg

pic-2-jpg.jpg
Outstanding! Congrats @400 VOLT, she's a beauty. More than a bit jealous over here as I'm coming up on an 8 month wait myself and the end is nowhere in sight.

What color is that? Also, can you explain the 12V battery holes thing?

400 VOLT

First Name
HALLNET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT PE
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Outstanding! Congrats @400 VOLT, she's a beauty. More than a bit jealous over here as I'm coming up on an 8 month wait myself and the end is nowhere in sight.

What color is that? Also, can you explain the 12V battery holes thing?
Iced Blue Silver.....did the access hole drill in the panel above the +/- area. Don't dispare...it will show up but there is no formula....completely random localized issues causing all these delays. Ford literally couldn't provide me with any rail car info....only weeks later via chat on my ipad did a rep find the car in Jacksonville...only to sit for almost 2 weeks, then off to MIA via rail, then trucked up from there about 6 days later.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/7/22 Build Week Gang 20220504_150527

machme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GT
Country flag

Congrats!

cujo70056

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME gt
Occupation
Maintenance
Country flag
Sharing a tip in case it helps—I went through a credit union here in Austin but the dealership tried to be a little shady with me. I went to pick up my car, we agreed on numbers, and after I mentioned my financing was already pre-approved (2.45% interest at UFCU). They were “confident” they could beat it so I let them try. While they were pulling numbers I went to check out the Mach and one of their guys walked out and said they wouldn’t accept my financing. That credit unions were “taking 90 days to deposit money” lately and that “that doesn’t seem fair right? I get my car but they don’t get their money”. 🙄 They tried to tell me I had to finance through them and could refinance through my credit union later if I wanted.

I was alone so I think they were trying to take advantage but I pushed back and called the Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner in front of them, and they explicitly stated that the dealership cannot deny valid outside financing options. If they tried, I could have filed a complaint with TOCCC for which they could face penalty.

Not sure if other states are like this, but don’t let them tell you they won’t take your credit union just because they want to do your financing themselves.

P.s. I had to call the dealership almost a month later to ask why they hadn’t deposited my credit union check yet…they just hadn’t gotten around to it yet. So yeah, they were really worried about getting paid quickly it seems. 😂
🤣😂, The games

DLinden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium RWD ER
Country flag
Received the dreaded delay email from Ford — timing went from 5/3-5/9 to 6/6-6/12. Anyone else have theirs pushed back again?
Sponsored