PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
other forum posts are suggesting that the fix is possibly going to be as early as August. Ford estimated timing tho…

i spoke with my dealer and they also confirmed the issue. The vehicle in transit will still arrive at the dealer.

Once it arrives, my dealer has agreed to call me to let me know as standard.
Then once the service manager confirms the recall is completed, I’ll get another call letting me know I can schedule my purchase appointment.

The recall doesn’t say dealers can’t process the sale, simply they can’t deliver the vehicle. For those who have processed financing before having the car available, they may be able to work some magic with their dealer.

My dealer advised me to wait until the recall is completed though, to avoid wasting potential days, weeks, months, of the warranty period. (Fair).

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
My status has changed on both Norfolk Southern and on United Road.

United Road has changed to Pending Pickup. I can't quite make out what the Norfolk Southern recording is saying. Something like RLTY, RMTY? Not sure.

What's interesting is that on the United Road portal, I see a number of cars marked as delivered today, that still show up as "Pending Pickup" on the Current Shipments tab. They never showed a delivery date.

I guess that means mine could be delivered any day now...
Once you get to this point on United Road not much point in calling the NS number anymore. And yes, why is the beginning of their recording always garbled?

Agree, any day now!

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag

United Road has changed to Pending Pickup. I can't quite make out what the Norfolk Southern recording is saying. Something like RLTY, RMTY? Not sure.

What's interesting is that on the United Road portal, I see a number of cars marked as delivered today, that still show up as "Pending Pickup" on the Current Shipments tab. They never showed a delivery date.

I literally got this news, posted it here, then went to the front page to see a then brand-new post about the stop delivery. ugh.

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Once you get to this point on United Road not much point in calling the NS number anymore. And yes, why is the beginning of their recording always garbled?

Agree, any day now!
You're not caught up on the latest posts....more likely not till August/September it seems.

machEfan1

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Like many others, I have been waiting for nearly a year after placing a deposit. Even with the endless delays, lack of updates and so on, I remained patient. But after today, I really don't know if I even want to move forward with this anymore.

I am disappointed to learn about this recall. To make it worse, I learned not from my dealer or from Ford but from these forums!

At this point, given that there likely won't be an easy fix for months, I think I may have to honestly look at pulling the plug on this whole investment. I test drove a Mach E last year and loved it. I really wanted to enjoy this vehicle, but this whole experience has been so negative that I really am going to look at other options now.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
You're not caught up on the latest posts....more likely not till August/September it seems.
Uh oh, you’re right. Just read the 9 pages. I had a feeling something like this would happen and I kinda wish they’d have had it fixed before I picked up my car. I would guess I’d have to now leave it somewhere to be fixed and I’m sure that will be a bit of a nightmare. I wonder how all of these will get fixed if they need a new HVBJB.

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag

I literally got this news, posted it here, then went to the front page to see a then brand-new post about the stop delivery. ugh.
Sure enough…United Road says it will be delivered today. Doh!

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
Sure enough…United Road says it will be delivered today. Doh!
Are you going to buy it? I don’t know what to do. Let’s see what great option my dealer gives me. I hate waiting but I have no choice. But paying them now for the car, or I lose it, would down right suck. Let me know what your options are via the dealer. Good luck.

OneNess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on the way
Country flag
Been reading here for months now. It’s time to post.
GT order placed 1/25/22; Batch 5303, build week was moved to 4/11/22 from 4/4/22. Went in Production 4/19/22. Original ETA was 6/5-6/11.
Finally received emails that car was Built 6/10/22 and shipped 6/13 with ETA 8/2-8/8 to the dealer.
With this latest recall situation, wondering when it will arrive. Based on the Ford recall website, my VIN is not affected, but I’ve read enough on here to know better. Keeping fingers crossed for all of us in 4/11/22!

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Are you going to buy it? I don’t know what to do. Let’s see what great option my dealer gives me. I hate waiting but I have no choice. But paying them now for the car, or I lose it, would down right suck. Let me know what your options are via the dealer. Good luck.
Dunno. I'd really rather not buy a car, start the warranty, pay insurance, for it to be undrivable for some undetermined length of time. I'd be OK giving the dealer a (refundable) portion of the deposit now to show that I still want it.

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
GT order placed 1/25/22; Batch 5303, build week was moved to 4/11/22 from 4/4/22. Went in Production 4/19/22. Original ETA was 6/5-6/11.
Finally received emails that car was Built 6/10/22 and shipped 6/13 with ETA 8/2-8/8 to the dealer.
With this latest recall situation, wondering when it will arrive. Based on the Ford recall website, my VIN is not affected, but I’ve read enough on here to know better. Keeping fingers crossed for all of us in 4/11/22!
That's interesting. I wonder if the GTs that were held back got the updated part. My vehicle arrives at the dealer today. When I check my VIN it shows up as needing the recall.

awaters

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Black
Country flag
Have you contacted ford chat? The VINs haven't been released to the recall website yet. Mine doesn't show anything but ford chat confirms that it is affected by the recall. Considering mine also went into production 4/19 as well, I'd place a heavy bet on yours also being part of the recall.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
Have you contacted ford chat? The VINs haven't been released to the recall website yet. Mine doesn't show anything but ford chat confirms that it is affected by the recall. Considering mine also went into production 4/19 as well, I'd place a heavy bet on yours also being part of the recall.
I think we can assume that the entire 4/11 group is impacted. I confirmed my recall via ETIS and ford chat. A lot of the 4/11 group have not received delivery so a lot of us are going to be faced with some hard choices. Now I am in no rush to get that call from the dealer which means my car will for sure arrive today. There are a few weeks of build groups behind us sitting in KC in the same boat. Everyone else either has possession of their "broken" cars and the current production people are getting cleanly built ones. People bitching they got bumped to June should be dancing a jig.

Ninja4hire

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black Mach-e GT, 2018 Camaro SS
Occupation
Not a paid assassin!
Country flag
I think all the GTs that recently received a Built email or haven't received one yet, don't really have anything additional to worry about. The recall is said to only effect cars built before May 25th. Since mine is still at the factory and won't even be here for another 2 months, one would hope they will perform the recall before they ship me the car (which may be why it's taking so long).
Sponsored