sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
The problem too is that this issue is very subjective. What might be really noisy for one person, might be considered silent for another. I guess we would need a decibel sound meter to be sure.
Yeah that’s a very good point. For me, especially on the highway, it ended up being louder than the road noise. BUT if you never turn your radio off you might not notice
Sponsored

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I have noticed wind noise during the last two days. It is loud enough to make me relatively sure it want making the noise for the first ten days.
I would like to add that I've had my car for 5 days and today is the first time I noticed loud wind noise when driving. I was blaring music and traveling 70+MPH on the freeway and thought that the wind noise was loud enough to compete with the music playing and that I had never noticed how loud it was before. I turned off the music and tried to roll up the windows (which were already fully closed) because I thought maybe a window was cracked open.

I really hope the noise isn't the result of a small problem that gets worse over time.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Used this on similar "Gasket less" windshield on our Audi. Couldn't see it, never turned yellow, and the aero dynamically induced whistle went good by. Manufactures used to bridge these gaps with added external seals that would attach on the windscreen edge and then terminate just over into the adjacent body panel.

Screenshot_20210218-213345.jpg

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
FYI my brother works for Ford and is going to get me in touch with the service division specific to friends and family which is apparently much more effective than just going to the dealer with issues. I will keep everyone updated. But if any other owners have had similar experiences or even if yours has zero wind noise that I’m describing please share and I can pass that along
I certainly have wind noise from the roof glass being higher than the windshield where they meet. It's very noticeable above about 55-60mph even with music playing.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
So the question at this point seems to be is Ford looking at these and coming up with a gasket to install across the top of the windshield, or is this a production issue that could have been prevented with a little less tolerance in the windshield/roof installs.

Obviously this is less important than the LV/Dead system issue, but may affect more vehicles (marring a very otherwise quiet ride experience.)

Yea, probably jumping the gun since this is month 2 of deliveries really.

Last edited:

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Just eyeballing it, yours appears to have a smaller step up from mine and others. However, it seems like if at 35-45 you don’t notice it, probably isn’t an issue on your vehicle based on the experiences of myself and others
It's almost like they forgot to fill the gap of something.
Ford Mustang Mach-E [4th Update...Kinda] Wind noise from panoramic roof PXL_20210219_034902823

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
This is a subjective issue but it would great to see build dates of cars having this issue. Helps see if there is cluster of less than ideal builds rectified later or May be the subjective ness is the only difference

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, not sure what to expect from my built 12/10 vehicle, but definitely one of the issues I will be checking.

This is a subjective issue but it would great to see build dates of cars having this issue. Helps see if there is cluster of less than ideal builds rectified later or May be the subjective ness is the only difference

FirstEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE FE
Country flag
I am actually still not entirely convinced it is coming from the edge of the glass roof versus the plastic panels between the roof and doors. I can very easily push/flex the plastic panel where it abuts the windshield.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The panoramic roof should be optional on all models.

Some would rather not deal with the noise, heat, cold, and potential safety problems of the pano roof without a cover.
Not sure there is any hard evidence (beyond a few self reports) of noise, heat, cold, or safety problems with the pano roof. It is clear that some people believe these things might be true but have not seen any hard data on any of these.

OP
OP

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
My analytical side finds this interesting and wants to find all of that information out, but since I don’t get paid by Ford just have to hope they have someone that will figure that out haha

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Not sure there is any hard evidence (beyond a few self reports) of noise, heat, cold, or safety problems with the pano roof. It is clear that some people believe these things might be true but have not seen any hard data on any of these.
Yup. Noise is the most noticeable of concerns but rest like heat or cold are like you say not quantitative. Tesla is the only car with safety hazards I have heard of ... have not heard of other cars that much with glass roofs being a hazard .
Sponsored