Metv707

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I’m pretty sure you could get some window trim from a auto glass repair shop and squeeze it in. At least until a better solution pops up
Sponsored

OP
OP

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
*3rd UPDATE*

I heard back from the service rep at the dealership today. Ford apparently sent a notice that stated the wind noise is “an undesirable characteristic of the vehicle and no further attempts should be made” The service rep said in his view this means that Ford doesn’t want dealerships coming up with random solutions and that they are likely already working on a fix since it’s probably a wide scale issue. He said to check with him once a month and he will check the service channels to see if a fix is listed in the system. Additionally, he mentioned that it would help if Ford realized how widespread the issue is so that it might be beneficial for others experiencing the same issue to reach out to their dealership’s service team. I will be calling the Ford Friends and Family service case manager this afternoon with this information as well.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Test drove a premium this afternoon. Wind noise was noticeable on top part of front windshield. Based on some other reviews, I expected to be quieter. Glass roof was also higher than windshield. Hoping it's just some cars. My Acura certainly makes more noise from engine and road but wind noise was higher in the Mach E I drove.
Test drove a premium earlier this week for a day and noticed wind noise coming in adjacent to the driver's side mirror. Going about 70mph, I was able to place my hand in the area of the wind noise (window/frame) and was able to change the sound, meaning that it may have been entering the cabin through door or window.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Thanks for the update, glad to see they are going (likely) to address the issue somehow. Hopefully that once a month check-in will only require one...

*3rd UPDATE*

I heard back from the service rep at the dealership today. Ford apparently sent a notice that stated the wind noise is “an undesirable characteristic of the vehicle and no further attempts should be made” The service rep said in his view this means that Ford doesn’t want dealerships coming up with random solutions and that they are likely already working on a fix since it’s probably a wide scale issue. He said to check with him once a month and he will check the service channels to see if a fix is listed in the system. Additionally, he mentioned that it would help if Ford realized how widespread the issue is so that it might be beneficial for others experiencing the same issue to reach out to their dealership’s service team. I will be calling the Ford Friends and Family service case manager this afternoon with this information as well.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It’s subtle. Starts at around 35mph. The louder the road(asphalt vs cement) the less noticeable it is. With the radio on you won’t notice, but once it starts you can’t not hear it
I find it a little annoying when people make a minor issue into a bigger issue by calling attention to it. I can't tell you how many times someone (often my wife with a greater attention to detail) has pointed out some defect in workmanship around the house which I never would have noticed but now I can't un-see it.

"Subtle" coil whine, wind noise, now I'm gonna be listening for stuff I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise. It's like that movie....

pri_56140647.jpg

OP
OP

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
I find it a little annoying when people make a minor issue into a bigger issue by calling attention to it. I can't tell you how many times someone (often my wife with a greater attention to detail) has pointed out some defect in workmanship around the house which I never would have noticed but now I can't un-see it.

"Subtle" coil whine, wind noise, now I'm gonna be listening for stuff I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise. It's like that movie....

pri_56140647.jpg
Sorry to annoy you by trying to keep the rest of this small but growing community informed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My dad was the king of denial.

If my mom or older sisters mentioned "the car is making a funny noise" he'd tell them to turn up the radio :)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yeah, now granted, for $50k+ I better not have to deny too much. But let's not let perfect be the enemy of good. "It's subtle, but do this to train your ears so you'll always hear it."

200.gif

OP
OP

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
Subtle does not mean “acceptable”. Ford stated that it is an undesirable characteristic. Being able to hear something only cuz you turned the radio off is not going out of your way to recreate a possible problem. It’s a completely normal thing that people will do all the time

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
What kind of wind noise? Like a light whistle? I checked my gap and it is no more than 1/8, and at 70+ could not hear any wind sound. The only time I heard wind was with a high front wind at 60+ mph. If that can help

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, now granted, for $50k+ I better not have to deny too much. But let's not let perfect be the enemy of good. "It's subtle, but do this to train your ears so you'll always hear it."

Ford Mustang Mach-E [4th Update...Kinda] Wind noise from panoramic roof 200
Didn't say you had to.

Was just being funny... maybe

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E [4th Update...Kinda] Wind noise from panoramic roof 1614400593566

I sent a dealer review and got this from my dealer as a response. So clearly they are aware of the design flaw, which I guess will get fixed somehow down the line

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I was at the dealership today. The service department called to make an appointment to check on wheel well trip gaps. While there the service dept manager said they will notify Ford and they have a call once a week to discuss issues with Ford and that he will inform Ford of the wind noise and wheel well trim gaps. Hope something comes out of it. If really Ford thinks its not desirable then they should be finding a fix.
Sponsored