Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
The question is what were Ford expectations? what are benchmarks they were trying to meet? We don't know. All my ICE cars have wind noise and in general it was a smaller issue than overall vehicle noise . I used to have an Edge - and my comparison is that the Edge used to have much lower wind noise on the same roads than MME. My issue with wind noise is also that it it exists around 35 mph and increases and I am driving on local surface streets at those speeds (30-55) and its noticeable. If it only existed at 70 or above mph I would not have even considered that to be an issue as I expect to be driving on open highways and expect some wind noise. As you say it is a personal tolerance level.
Thats my problem. I turns up at 35-40 MPH. Too low for wind noise in my estimation.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Thats my problem. I turns up at 35-40 MPH. Too low for wind noise in my estimation.
Just an FYI. I did a test drive today - had a Premium AWD ER for about 4 hours and drove it about 2 hours. The only wind noise I heard was what seemed to come from windows - but only at about 70-80 MPH. I'd kind of expect some wind noise at those speeds. Up to about 70 it was really quiet. It must be a defect in some that Ford needs to address.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Just to add another data point:
I took delivery of my Mach-E today. I've driven it around and at speeds up to 65 mph, and I have not noticed any wind noise. In fact, it's extremely quiet in the cabin (both wife and I agree). Maybe they fixed this issue? It could have to do with the roof alignment.

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
How does the weather-stripping seals look. here is one I drove/looked at today, was just delivered.
Ford Mustang Mach-E [4th Update...Kinda] Wind noise from panoramic roof Photo Mar 25, 15 21 11
Ford Mustang Mach-E [4th Update...Kinda] Wind noise from panoramic roof Photo Mar 25, 15 20 56

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Your post inspired me. I just ordered some solid rubber and solid neoprene/foam cord stock from Grainger. I’ll insert it into the gap and see if it works. I ordered 3 different diameters, and I’ll let you know which (if any) works best. Cheers!
Since the issue is caused by manufacturing variance, different cars will best be fixed using various different diameters of material.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just an FYI. I did a test drive today - had a Premium AWD ER for about 4 hours and drove it about 2 hours. The only wind noise I heard was what seemed to come from windows - but only at about 70-80 MPH. I'd kind of expect some wind noise at those speeds. Up to about 70 it was really quiet. It must be a defect in some that Ford needs to address.
It is quite possible that the wind noise increases at triple digits but that increased noise sounds like it is from the mirrors. However, I can neither confirm nor deny this publicly. ;)

mike17

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My MME has a definite front facing step and gap between the windshield and the pano roof. I hear a loud high pitched wind noise at the front of the pano at highway speeds. I'm contemplating applying a rubber seal to that gap, but I would prefer that Ford has an official fix. I see that others have mentioned filling the gap, but I'm wondering if the sizeable front facing step is also contributing to the noise level. This would be a more permanent solution that is similar to the blue painters tape that looks to work.

I'll wait to see if there is movement from Ford while I wait for this strip to arrive (long ship time):
https://www.amazon.com/Not-Application-Windshield-Insulation-Accessories/dp/B08Y5J4Y6X

Otherwise love the car, so I'm hoping the annoying wind noise can be reduced.

windshied_to_pano_roof_gap_and_step.png

IMG_4100.png

Reactions: JSW

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I hope this works for you - seems like it could be removed if/when Ford comes up with something better

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My MME has a definite front facing step and gap between the windshield and the pano roof. I hear a loud high pitched wind noise at the front of the pano at highway speeds. I'm contemplating applying a rubber seal to that gap, but I would prefer that Ford has an official fix. I see that others have mentioned filling the gap, but I'm wondering if the sizeable front facing step is also contributing to the noise level. This would be a more permanent solution that is similar to the blue painters tape that looks to work.

I'll wait to see if there is movement from Ford while I wait for this strip to arrive (long ship time):
https://www.amazon.com/Not-Application-Windshield-Insulation-Accessories/dp/B08Y5J4Y6X

Otherwise love the car, so I'm hoping the annoying wind noise can be reduced.

Ford Mustang Mach-E [4th Update...Kinda] Wind noise from panoramic roof IMG_4100

Ford Mustang Mach-E [4th Update...Kinda] Wind noise from panoramic roof IMG_4100
Any update?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
I've looked at a number of Mach-E's and they all seem to have different gaps.

Mojuba

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reserved Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Has Ford made any formal statements on this matter? My wind noise is bad and starts at 45. My wife is complaining about the noise on long drives, which was the main reason we bought the car (Her Camry Hybrid is much quieter at freeway speeds).

OP
OP

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
Has Ford made any formal statements on this matter? My wind noise is bad and starts at 45. My wife is complaining about the noise on long drives, which was the main reason we bought the car (Her Camry Hybrid is much quieter at freeway speeds).
Unfortunately, I haven’t heard anything from Ford yet on this issue. Now that they are officially on this forum hopefully @Ford Motor Company can comment

musgang

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I tried patching the gaps with this:
Car Windshield Weather Rubber... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095HDHD9Y?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I tried doing

1. just the front gap between windshield and pano
  2. whole pano
  3. whole pano + whole windshield
  4. just windshield and pano front windshield
I didn’t do all above as a test, I was unsatisfied with the results and I kept trying ?

Anyway, number 4 worked best for me. For me, at speeds till 60-70, no noise and at 70 mph I can hear wind noises from the top left driver pano side.

But, what I can say is that the noise is now more from the road itself than the wind. I would say it reduced by some 50%. Not completely.

I want to try the foam cord as @JSW mentioned that it reduced his noise by like 70% just by fitting it in the front. Can anyone else confirm that?
Sponsored