Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
I know I disappeared for a bit, but here’s my update. Just checked with Ford chat today and though they couldn’t get me a railcar number, it got to Laredo, TX on 9/27 and It was first shipped last Friday, 9/23. I’ll just check every week or so.
Sponsored

epec

First Name
Wensen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Ford MME
Country flag
I know I disappeared for a bit, but here’s my update. Just checked with Ford chat today and though they couldn’t get me a railcar number, it got to Laredo, TX on 9/27 and It was first shipped last Friday, 9/23. I’ll just check every week or so.
how to you chat with ford. I went ford website, i did not see the online chat functions . thanks

SV8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xE HA/Range Rover Sport SVR/Audi A7
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
so chat on social media ? there is no chat button to click in chat section
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/12/22 Build Week Chat 1664506413104
If you just tried, they're already closed for the day. Try in the morning. If it's still not showing, clear cache or use a different browser

Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
I personally just login to my account and the bottom right of the web page has a chat box you can use

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
So to update. I was assigned a railcar yesterday 9/29. Today the update from Norfolk southern is "departed from Missouri at 443am"!

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
So I just checked on Norfolk Southern's automated system again (yes I realize I'm going a bit bananas), as I was curious to see how often the information was updated. I just learned that my rail car, as at 743 am, was halfway across Missouri in a town called Moberly. Point being that NS seems to update their information very frequently.

NS has a fully automated system where you dont have to speak with anyone, which is good as none of us will annoy an agent which could then result in loss of access for other later Mach E orders. Posted below is the info on the automated system for Norfolk Southern, if any of you find that your cars being shipped by them from KC to final destination:

1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Wait for the prompt and Press 2.
3. Wait for the prompt and Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers for your railcar (it’s the numbers after the TTGX) then press #."

Edit: the information it is asking you to enter in steps 4 and 5 above is your railcar number, which you can get from Ford Chat or your dealer.

yersie

First Name
Sonia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Saturn 2000, Waiting MachE
Country flag
Good to know since my car should be with yours , you saved me a ford chat😏

rushunter

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium XR AWD in Ice Blue Metallic
Country flag
So I just checked on Norfolk Southern's automated system again (yes I realize I'm going a bit bananas), as I was curious to see how often the information was updated. I just learned that my rail car, as at 743 am, was halfway across Missouri in a town called Moberly. Point being that NS seems to update their information very frequently.

NS has a fully automated system where you dont have to speak with anyone, which is good as none of us will annoy an agent which could then result in loss of access for other later Mach E orders. Posted below is the info on the automated system for Norfolk Southern, if any of you find that your cars being shipped by them from KC to final destination:

1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Wait for the prompt and Press 2.
3. Wait for the prompt and Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers for your railcar (it’s the numbers after the TTGX) then press #."

Edit: the information it is asking you to enter in steps 4 and 5 above is your railcar number, which you can get from Ford Chat or your dealer.
I did the same thing. Mine is on Norfolk Southern car #COER900623. I tracked it yesterday in Missouri, and when I checked again this morning it said that as of 6:55 PM last night it was in East Decatur, IL. The NS tracking is easy and fully automated once you have your rail car number from Ford chat.

OP
OP
Bigfeets

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That's awesome! I keep checking mine periodically, but it hasn't budged from the initial estimate of 10/16-10/22. Keeping the fingers crossed...
Yes, fingers crossed always. My original delivery ETA has not changed batch 8071, 10/9-10/15. However, each time I've checked Ford.com chat, they give the delivery ETA as 10/15. After 10 months waiting, 3-4 months after Ford's estimated delivery at time of order, I suspect the ETA is slipping out. Being unable to trace the MME's transport makes these waiting days longer. My dealer is unresponsive. Details offered by chat seem to vary with the chat agent, some forthcoming, some not so much. The rail car number one provided, is not recognized by the NS online trace. My MME, batch 8071, was in the KCS intermodal yard outside KC on 9/27. So, like others I wait for updates from others in similar situation and destination, ramp CH27, and check with chat once in a while.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/12/22 Build Week Chat 1664563259543

Last edited:

mobrien118

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mach-e gt
Country flag
Don't know if this helps anyone, but according to Ford Chat, mine "arrived rail" - KCS 008127 - and they said it is "currently in Internati, MO" (which I don't think is a real place...?) She told me that the delivery estimate (between today and next Friday) will be updated once it is on a convoy.

The info was kind of confusing to me, but I think the main point is that it will take a truck from KC to Saint Louis, which is just around 240 miles depending on what parts, so as soon as they get it moving it should be here in no time!

DM85

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Don't know if this helps anyone, but according to Ford Chat, mine "arrived rail" - KCS 008127 - and they said it is "currently in Internati, MO" (which I don't think is a real place...?) She told me that the delivery estimate (between today and next Friday) will be updated once it is on a convoy.

The info was kind of confusing to me, but I think the main point is that it will take a truck from KC to Saint Louis, which is just around 240 miles depending on what parts, so as soon as they get it moving it should be here in no time!
I wonder if there’s any obvious ordering to the rail car numbers. I’m KCS 008116 with a week or 2 later ETA.
Sponsored