Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So if the price the dealer pays is the same as the selling price, how is the dealer supposed to make money on the sale?
Oil changes?

sorry, had to say that,

I am sure there are advertising, sales volume kickbacks and other holdbacks etc, etc
Sponsored

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
So if the price the dealer pays is the same as the selling price, how is the dealer supposed to make money on the sale?
Because they still make money even at invoice. My feeling is they started this practice to help keep x-plan discounts lower, and to also make consumers feel as though they are getting a better deal paying "invoice." Ford wanted it to look like they weren't making money on it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Who said that the dealer pays the same as the selling price?
See post #379.

adamtstipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Traverse, 2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium
Country flag
So how is X plan working for those that ordered a 2022 before the price increase? Is the system going to be smart enough to give us the original price plus X Plan discount off of that? Or will X plan only calculate off of the new pricing?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So how is X plan working for those that ordered a 2022 before the price increase? Is the system going to be smart enough to give us the original price plus X Plan discount off of that? Or will X plan only calculate off of the new pricing?
X-Plan is off the invoice on the car, which is the same as MSRP on the Mach-E. The car will be invoiced in the system at the lower price, and the X-Plan is on that invoice.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Who said that the dealer pays the same as the selling price?
See post #379.
Invoice is MSRP they just get small % bonuses too, that's what post 379 shows, it has MSRP and Invoice at the same price. The MME does not follow the traditional "holdback" model that you see on most other cars, even other Fords. It kind of sucks, because it makes it easy for them to show you their costs in the system and it'll show that they have no holdback and are paying invoice. My dealer tried to say all they got was the delivery fee on MME's that they sold at MSRP and showed me that they had no holdback, etc. I wasn't aware of their % bonuses on sales. I guess the MME was timed well in the current climate, since dealers can charge ADMs now, too, and not standout from all other manufacturers since they're doing the same thing!

rmackowsky

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
New member - first post, thanks for having me.

Just joined MCA for X-Plan. I know I have to be a member for 90 days before using X-Plan, but ... can I go ahead and get a PIN and order the Mach-E now since it won't arrive until after 90 days, or do I have to wait 90 days before I get a PIN and order?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Just joined MCA for X-Plan. I know I have to be a member for 90 days before using X-Plan, but ... can I go ahead and get a PIN and order the Mach-E now since it won't arrive until after 90 days, or do I have to wait 90 days before I get a PIN and order?
I believe the PIN is good for a year. I did get mine before 90 days. You can check the MCA to confirm And to make sure nothing has changed.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I would just wait and get the PIN later. Spend the time now reading posts here and finding a dealer that you can contact and confirm with first that they will take X-Plan and no dealer markups, etc...then, place the order online with that dealer and confirm with them again.

There is no need to rush the start of the clock on the PIN since, as you can tell, the wait is real and very long. MCA is only a year (unless you renew) and it's possible that a car may take longer or be delayed for whatever reason (Ukraine/China issues?).

I only recently got my PIN and had X-Plan for over 90 days already. At the rate these are estimated to be delivered, it'd be 180+ days where my stock purchase of Ford stock will allow me to get X-plan too.

rmackowsky

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
I would just wait and get the PIN later. Spend the time now reading posts here and finding a dealer that you can contact and confirm with first that they will take X-Plan and no dealer markups, etc...then, place the order online with that dealer and confirm with them again.

There is no need to rush the start of the clock on the PIN since, as you can tell, the wait is real and very long. MCA is only a year (unless you renew) and it's possible that a car may take longer or be delayed for whatever reason (Ukraine/China issues?).

I only recently got my PIN and had X-Plan for over 90 days already. At the rate these are estimated to be delivered, it'd be 180+ days where my stock purchase of Ford stock will allow me to get X-plan too.
So I can place an order without the x-plan discount or PIN and then use the PIN at delivery and the price will be adjusted then?

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So I can place an order without the x-plan discount or PIN and then use the PIN at delivery and the price will be adjusted then?

From everything I know, yes, you bring your PIN and MCA card/id when you do your paperwork (or online) at the dealership.

Even online payment, they ask if you have a special plan (AZX, etc...).

Just make sure the dealer you pick accepts it, confirms everything in writing so you don't run into problems 6-9 months from now.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you go to dealer , have them write up invoice taking into account x plan, option plan info is you might use it, interest rate etc

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Yes that's exactly what I did . On my ordering paperwork, I had the dealer show x plan with the understanding that I would be using it. Get it all in writing.

pacman7474

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
It's funny. I called the dealership where I have my order and wanted to confirm they'll accept the x-plan pricing. I mentioned that I have my PIN if they needed it right then, and the salesman said I would have to wait until my car comes in and then generate a new PIN at that time. He said the one I already generated wouldn't work even after I told him it doesn't expire for a year. Am I missing something or is this guy blowing smoke up my .....?

KenStang21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue Mach E GTPE
Country flag
It's funny. I called the dealership where I have my order and wanted to confirm they'll accept the x-plan pricing. I mentioned that I have my PIN if they needed it right then, and the salesman said I would have to wait until my car comes in and then generate a new PIN at that time. He said the one I already generated wouldn't work even after I told him it doesn't expire for a year. Am I missing something or is this guy blowing smoke up my .....?
He is wrong. I just used my pin that was going to expire in April.. I got it when I placed my order last year. Just make sure that you emails, etc as proof that they committed to the xplan pricing.. on my GTPE it was a little over 1k in savings off of MSRP.
Sponsored