ADM on abandoned FE

TKnauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE, Chevy Volt, Lexus 450h
Country flag
I went to order a Premium, and the dealer has an apparently abandoned ordered FE. They offered it to me for $3K over MSRP. Advice?

The FE is $6600 more than the Premium I intended to order. My dealer says another dealer in Houston got $10K over MSRP for an FE. ???
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I went to order a Premium, and the dealer has an apparently abandoned ordered FE. They offered it to me for $3K over MSRP. Advice?

The FE is $6600 more than the Premium I intended to order. My dealer says another dealer in Houston got $10K over MSRP for an FE. ???
I would not pay above MSRP for any vehicle, under any circumstances.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
You are the only one who know if you can afford such a premium. Not sure how long it would take to order a Premium and have it delivered to a non-ADM dealer.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
If you are putting in your order now, you are in for a several month wait before your Mach-E comes and this would allow you to get it much sooner. However, the FE already costs a bit more than a Premium before even this dealer markup.

I think you should at the very least see if there are similar orphaned Premiums near you and see how much those are going for.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

The 3K ADM is your personal decision - value you attribute to time, wait, etc,. The FE you cant order now anyway but you are now looking at 9600K over the price of Premium you would otherwise order. Is that worth it...? You can answer it for yourself. I for myself would not pay 9600 more when I know I would not want an FE in the first place and just fine with the Premium. You may find teh same Premium if you look harder and even if you pay 3K ADM on that, you would be saving 6600 .

You have to make the call. In this case its not simple time value of money but the trim level differences.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

"My dealer says another dealer in Houston got $10K over MSRP for an FE. ???" So the other dealer is better than them....got it.

OP
OP

TKnauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE, Chevy Volt, Lexus 450h
Country flag
I'm just relieved to see no one saying, "oh yes, an FE should go for 10K over MSRP" - -that seems extreme to me!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm just relieved to see no one saying, "oh yes, an FE should go for 10K over MSRP" - -that seems extreme to me!
It's out of my consideration even at $0 markup... I think I'll be perfectly happy with Premium RWD std range at $48,100... So that's why we say only you could decide what works for you.

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I know of a dealer who has been selling all canceled Mach E models at $5k ADM (but MSRP for all preorders) and they sell within a day.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Tell the dealer there is always a bigger jerk somewhere but that does not change what he is and that you will be ordering your Premium through a different dealer. Well, at least that is what I would want to say. In reality, I would probably just say that you know there are a number of abandoned orders around and that many are available at MSRP or even at X-Plan pricing so you will find one of those elsewhere or order a new one but will shop pricing at a couple of dealers before placing your order. Dealers have the right to charge what they wish for a car but you have the right to buy where you want. Even if you buy yours at another dealer, any Ford dealer has to service it and honor the warranty.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Im sure that 3k is negotiable. You can try and talk them down. The worst that will happen is they say no. If you want the FE tell them you will take it for MSRP. They say no tell them you have an extra $500. The worst that happens is a no.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Which dealers?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Posted this in your other thread, But I got my Grabber Blue FE as an abandoned order. Dealer had it listed at 5k ADM and I offered 1k and they accepted that. Normally I wouldn't have done that, But I was already getting a GT mostly for the grabber blue option, so this saved me some money.

I do occasionally think maybe I should have waited for the GT, but this one is already plenty fast for me. I don't regret my decision at all.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Posted this in your other thread, But I got my Grabber Blue FE as an abandoned order. Dealer had it listed at 5k ADM and I offered 1k and they accepted that. Normally I wouldn't have done that, But I was already getting a GT mostly for the grabber blue option, so this saved me some money.

I do occasionally think maybe I should have waited for the GT, but this one is already plenty fast for me. I don't regret my decision at all.
Boy did you make a bad choice....

How dare you not get the GT, the only real "Mustang" EV

Kidding, congrats!

Personally I would't be able to stomach ADM or not being able to use the XPLAN but 1K is not 10K so it's a small price to pay for a FE. I would only see this as a maybe for a FE, not for the other trims because those you can order and wait for.
Sponsored