Mike Levine on ADM

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
We’ll I’ve got one. Guess that makes 11. I’ve got email documentation of x-plan and an accepted order showing no ADM. Despite folks singing the praises of @mrlevine and @Ford Motor Company, they’ve gone silent for me. Steer clear of Lindsay ford of Wheaton if you don’t want to be #12.
Crap. There goes the equation... Guess that's a 10% increase.
Sponsored

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag

CapitolE

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Well then go get um champ! Let us know how it goes. I'm curious.
update here- apparently the Maryland MVA is a regulator to be feared. The Manager called today and said they’d honor the deal and sell to me at X-plan. (I had offered MSRP last week in an attempt to come to an agreement). He was pretty eager to make sure I pulled the complaint out of the mail.

Just got the car home from the Dealer with no major additional shenanigans. He did try to include about $1500 in doc fees and additional “dealer freight” but I was able to get that straightened out reasonably easily.

Super excited to have fun with the car but what a miserable purchasing experience!

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
update here- apparently the Maryland MVA is a regulator to be feared. The Manager called today and said they’d honor the deal and sell to me at X-plan. (I had offered MSRP last week in an attempt to come to an agreement). He was pretty eager to make sure I pulled the complaint out of the mail.

Just got the car home from the Dealer with no major additional shenanigans. He did try to include about $1500 in doc fees and additional “dealer freight” but I was able to get that straightened out reasonably easily.

Super excited to have fun with the car but what a miserable purchasing experience!
This just proves that they know they are in the wrong. Shady dealers and shady people exist everywhere who will take advantage of those who are willing to be taken advantage of.

Calling the media, posting online etc will just piss them off and you probably won't get anywhere, but if you threaten legal action that they know they won't win, they cave to the contract that they were legally bound to.

Sucks that you had to go through that but at least the stress is over. Can we go back to 10 now? ?

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
First, since you have a purchase agreement, is the dealer refusing to honor the price agreed to?

Second, you're in Canada. No idea what Ford Canada is doing, but in the US it's BS.
No, they are not reneging on the price, just saying “Ford” is not accepting X-Plan on the MME. Thinking back he never asked if I was eligible for any of the plans (not even the Costco discount which everyone knows about), so his story may be true. So it’s possible Ford Canada is actually refusing, but given the goal of X-Plan seems to be to get new bums in seats, seems counter-productive. I suspect he doesn’t want to do the paperwork…

Only way to know for sure is to email Ford Canada - let’s see where that goes.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, they are not reneging on the price, just saying “Ford” is not accepting X-Plan on the MME. Thinking back he never asked if I was eligible for any of the plans (not even the Costco discount which everyone knows about), so his story may be true. So it’s possible Ford Canada is actually refusing, but given the goal of X-Plan seems to be to get new bums in seats, seems counter-productive. I suspect he doesn’t want to do the paperwork…

Only way to know for sure is to email Ford Canada - let’s see where that goes.
On the Lightning, Ford just announced that in the US they will not do X-Plan.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
On the Lightning, Ford just announced that in the US they will not do X-Plan.
Just got off the phone with the AXD Plan helpline and in Canada the 2021 model year MME is / was restricted. Ford Canada is currently reviewing plan eligibility for 2022 MY but has not made a decision yet. So there is still hope... :)