OP

P Dub Mod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, 2018 Audi S5, 2007 Infiniti M45S
Country flag
Ok, what’s a pack? In this context.
Packs" are products and services of dubious value added on by the dealer at extra cost to the buyer. It's not uncommon for a dealer to try to get buyers to pay up for this kind of stuff, but when it's "mandatory" it is effectively ADM by another name. In my case the package included window tinting, "paint protection", some kind of services "for life" and my personal favorite, "nitro filled tires". The price of these services was not itemized. At my request my salesman agreed to provide an itemized list with the price assigned to each one, but my document package ultimately didn't include it.
Sponsored

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I think those weird addons. Like, my dealer had a mandatory door etching so they can find your car if stolen, $1k. Fabric protection, $1k. Door jam protection, $1k.

Some have LoJack, paint protection, etc. all kinds of lame stuff that they say they "applied" and can't remove so you have to pay for it. Their cost is basically nothing on all of them, that's how they make their big bucks.
I got my California GTPE from my salesman "Kentucky" at Folsom Lake Ford (just south of Sacramento). NO add-on packs, ADM, or any other B.S.! I also got X-plan pricing. A pleasure to deal with an honest dealer. Got my own PPF, ceramic coating and racing stripes later.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
"They put that undercoating on at the factory."

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I got my California GTPE from my salesman "Kentucky" at Folsom Lake Ford (just south of Sacramento). NO add-on packs, ADM, or any other B.S.! I also got X-plan pricing. A pleasure to deal with an honest dealer. Got my own PPF, ceramic coating and racing stripes later.
Oof, that'd be quite the drive for me. A dealer here in orange county, the only one I can find, doesn't charge ADM but has the forced $1,300 LoJack that they won't budge on removing.

OP
OP

P Dub Mod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, 2018 Audi S5, 2007 Infiniti M45S
Country flag
Oof, that'd be quite the drive for me. A dealer here in orange county, the only one I can find, doesn't charge ADM but has the forced $1,300 LoJack that they won't budge on removing.
Glad it worked out for you. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease. Good that FMC made things right.
just to close the loop on my purchase experience, Fedex delivered a check for $1730 this afternoon. Though I didn’t think to ask for it, Mike must have had them gross it up for the sales tax I paid on the packs. Assuming it clears, Mike Levine has done it. I’m just one guy, but my experience says it is possible to get ADM reversed on an ordered car even after the transaction closes. Thank you Mike Levine for getting this done, and thanks to my fellow Mach E forum members for showing me how it’s done.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I appreciate this story. I had read some people reporting that they reached out to Mr. Levine on Twitter and were just blocked, so I figured he was getting overrun with these types of issues and was getting tired of it. I'm not even scheduled for production yet but my dealer is already doing some shady things (added ADM even though they told me no ADM, and even though the website originally listed them as having a price no different from MSRP) - still fighting with them about it, figured I might need to escalate to Ford directly. Nice to know Mr. Levine is still an option.

And if I get this ADM thing done with, I might try to push the dealership to have a signed pricing done in advance, just to avoid surprises... because at this point, I fully expect them to back down on the ADM and then tell me their document fees are now in the thousands, basically giving me the same markup. (They already told me they're not accepting X-plan due to supply constraints, so that won't save me.)

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
And if I get this ADM thing done with, I might try to push the dealership to have a signed pricing done in advance, just to avoid surprises... because at this point, I fully expect them to back down on the ADM and then tell me their document fees are now in the thousands, basically giving me the same markup. (They already told me they're not accepting X-plan due to supply constraints, so that won't save me.)
I've been told that if a dealer accepts X Plan for any purchases, they are obligated to honor it for all purchases. My dealer accepted X Plan for my FE and said that they would honor it for my GTPE on order.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I've been told that if a dealer accepts X Plan for any purchases, they are obligated to honor it for all purchases. My dealer accepted X Plan for my FE and said that they would honor it for my GTPE on order.
Interesting! So you mean if the dealership accepts X-plan on any model of car or truck, they must accept it for all? I wonder how easy it is for them to suspend that and re-activate it. I also wonder if there's a way to confirm if the dealership accepts it or not, aside from querying multiple salespeople...

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Interesting! So you mean if the dealership accepts X-plan on any model of car or truck, they must accept it for all? I wonder how easy it is for them to suspend that and re-activate it. I also wonder if there's a way to confirm if the dealership accepts it or not, aside from querying multiple salespeople...
I've heard this stated as a fact enough times to believe it's probably true. I'd just call your dealer, pretend to be looking for some other car, and ask if they take X Plan. Might even be able to do this online with their Internet sales guy.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Packs" are products and services of dubious value added on by the dealer at extra cost to the buyer. It's not uncommon for a dealer to try to get buyers to pay up for this kind of stuff, but when it's "mandatory" it is effectively ADM by another name. In my case the package included window tinting, "paint protection", some kind of services "for life" and my personal favorite, "nitro filled tires". The price of these services was not itemized. At my request my salesman agreed to provide an itemized list with the price assigned to each one, but my document package ultimately didn't include it.
My dealership does the Nitro tires too, except they offer it for free on every car they sell. I'm completely convinced the nitro fill does nothing, but hey if you are going to charge me nothing for nothing then I'm ok with that.
Sponsored