After your current MME, What is your next EV?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I’m toying with the idea swapping my 22 IBSM GT for a 22 IBSM GTPE if I can find one with similar miles at a decent price. I would do this for the improved ride (though I gotta say those wheels are sweet).

Failing that, I can imagine getting the Rally MME if I can get it without the stripes and the rear spoiler.

As for other brands, I’ll see what’s available when I’m ready to upgrade.
Sponsored

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
Getting near the end of the Ford Options financing on my 2021 FE. Realizing I want something a little bigger. Have a reservation in for a Kia EV9.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey guys!

Just thought I would pose a question. After your MME, what will be the next vehicle you may want to buy?

Me personally, I have a Silverado EV on order. The nice customer service people at Chevy (not the dealership, the EV Concierge line) told me that it should arrive in late 2025. I’ll have my MME paid off by then so I’ll be keeping it and adding the truck.

MME for the 120+ mile daily commute, and the Silverado for fun! With a 400 mile range, that is Vegas without stopping. (I live in Los Angeles).

My other dark horse (Second option) is to get the Rivian 1RS… Hopefully they have one at the LA auto show this year. I’m going to see everything this year when I go on Thanksgiving.

That’s my plan…. How about you guys?
We have a 2021 GTPE which I drive and my wife bought a 2023 Model Y AWD long range in Apr. Love both. The Y is great for trips and GTPE for car cruises. Great reception and a lot of questions. We don't have many mach e in our area of Western Pa. Teslas dominate in Cranberry PA where their showroom is located. Our 06 Jeep Commander has 50000 miles, looks new and seats 7. Our replacement may be a model X. Test drive schedule in Jan.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I just put a deposit on a Tesla Model X refresh. I have been anti (Elon) Tesla for a while but I have to get out of the mind set that I’m personally writing a check to Elon; Tesla is a public company and he’s not going to be CEO Emperor forever. I am really buying the Supercharger network and I know Ford and everyone else is jumping on to the same network but lets see when and how that all shakes out. There are other reasons for getting the Tesla; the recent price drop, awesome performance and more space. Yes, I’m getting new problems with a Tesla which I’m willing to manage, but I’m also leaving the Ford merry go round. Overall the MME has served me well as my first EV and I will continue to recommend it to the right buying group; I just can’t ignore my new needs for an easier and FASTER road trip machine.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
MIGHT upgrade to a newer Mach E when the refresh comes out with faster charging, potentially native NACS, maybe V2L, and most importantly in Eruption Green <3

But if the pricing doesn't make sense I'll make due with my current car until it dies/I find a used 2025.

FrankieG889D

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang GT Mach E
Country flag
Likely the RAM 1500 EV, unless the F150 Lightning is able to charge @ 350kW. Range won’t matter (as much) with that type of charging speed.

OP
OP
lwilliams0514

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Likely gonna wait for Lincoln EV to launch, then get that for my wife. I will inherit her 22 MME GT!
Ooooh gotta look into that.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Likely gonna wait for Lincoln EV to launch, then get that for my wife. I will inherit her 22 MME GT!
Same, waiting to see what Lincoln has to offer if it even happens....

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
...After your MME, what will be the next vehicle you may want to buy?...
Hmmm...we think about this often, although we don't have any immediate plans to buy another car...even though we only have one car at the moment.

But...

If we have to buy a second car, like if Julie suddenly gets called to go into the office more regularly, it will likely be something small for her. Highly likely it'll be another EV, but possibly a PHEV. Think Kona or Niro, maybe a new Bolt if Chevy has them out when we'd need to buy.

If something tragic happened to the Mach-E right now and we had to replace it, I'd consider another Mach-E, but probably go with an EV6 or even an Ariya (no, really). Nothing against our Mach-E...we love it...but just to try something different.

If we're talking about when the Mach-E "wears out" some 10 years down the road, it's just too hard to say since we don't know what our options will be. But at that point I'd say it's highly likely not to be another Mach-E. I like that ID Buzz idea...

Again, we love our car now, but I'm guessing there will be more / better options 10 years from now. Kinda weird to think...as much as we love our Mach-E, it'll probably the only one we'll ever own.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
The ‘21 Premium AWD ER will be my last car purchase.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
My Wife is up next; so, she was seriously looking at the Lyriq. It is a BEAUTIFUL and Comfortable Car. However, NO LANE CENTERING TECH? Like what the Heck? Yes, yes, Super Cruise. But no Lane Centering on side streets? Heck, our MMEs have this feature. **Anyone know why GM does not?

As it turned out we had a Rental Kia Niro EV (as it was the only rental available) for 2 weeks while ICE Kia was in shop. My wife totally fell in love with the Korean's Tech. But that car is too small for her. I'm really bummed the Lyriq does not have that tech. I wanted to borrow her car from time to time.
Sponsored