Anybody else agonizing over color choice?

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I just got to see the Mach E in person today for the first time. The Ford traveling team is in Vegas and had on display the Shadow Black and Infinite Blue Premiums for those of us present.

I was excited to see the car, and though I didn’t know which cars or colors would be presented, I was sure I would see and “know in my heart” which color(s) I liked. I’m also aware that some colors are also available on other Ford cars (Bronco, Fusion, F-150, Explorer, etc) so I did get to check out a “Rapid Red,” and “Carbonized Gray” though on a different Ford car than the Mustang.

But the truth is, now I am even more confused and concerned about the color choices. I am sure I do not like Infinite Blue (nor does my wife) but all of the other colors (except Silver) are still in play. I’d readily choose Grabber Blue but I like the Premium and will not spend more on the GT model.

My order is a ways off from moving into production and my dealer is awaiting my decision whether to keep Carbonized Gray or switch the color. I thought after today I would be truly ready to finalize this part of the process, but now I feel further away from really knowing. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Sponsored

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I have an order for infinite blue. I think I'll be happy with it but I have been tempted to switch to space white. Some of the pics of it really look neat and complement the Mach E's design but I'm also not sure how much I can rely on the relatively few pics and videos of it without seeing it in person.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I agonized over my choice for 9 months after the reservation placed at reveal. I became at peace when I could see it on other cars. Then came Cyber Orange on the GT. I no longer regret my color choice, I simply wish the options from Ford would stop changing.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My order is for a Rapid Red. From pictures, I think it overall looks great in almost all conditions but I am a little concerned it might not look so good under bright sunlight - many pictures appear to show it a bit washed out or pale under bright light but it could just be how the color appears in pictures.

This concern was not enough for me to go with a different color, even if it bears out to be accurate, but I think it’s something you may want to consider if you are in Nevada.

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My order is for a Rapid Red. From pictures, I think it overall looks great in almost all conditions but I am a little concerned it might not look so good under bright sunlight - many pictures appear to show it a bit washed out or pale under bright light but it could just be how the color appears in pictures.

This concern was not enough for me to go with a different color, even if it bears out to be accurate, but I think it’s something you may want to consider if you are in Nevada.
Thanks,

So that is exactly my thought about both the red and gray.... that they are too washed out and light under direct sunlight. If it weren’t for that I think i’d be happy with either color.

I am in California. Just currently visiting Vegas for a couple days.

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here’s another story:

I was recently at Target and saw a beautiful current model year Mustang pull in near my parking spot. I walked past it on the way in and smiled. This HAD TO BE Carbonized Gray from the looks of it. Dark and menacing, but definitely not black.

On my way out from Target I noticed that two young ladies were inside of the car. I boldly walked up to their car, wearing a mask, and waved at them to speak with me. They looked startled and confused. I shouted, “Do you remember the name of the color of your Mustang? Is it Carbonized Gray?” The driver smiled (after realizing I meant them no harm) and said “No it’s Magnetic Gray.”

After a quick search online I found that Magnetic gray is at least two shades darker (or more) than Carbonized Gray. WHY did Ford have to change a good thing???:eek:o_O

So still no settled feeling that I will like it when/if I go with it.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks,

So that is exactly my thought about both the red and gray.... that they are too washed out and light under direct sunlight. If it weren’t for that I think i’d be happy with either color.

I am in California. Just currently visiting Vegas for a couple days.
FWIW, I feel the Infinite Blue is just the opposite. Looks fantastic under bright sunlight where the blue really comes through but is a bit less impressive the dimmer it gets. In dimmer light, I thought the Carbonized Gray looked better than Infinite Blue because the Carbonized Gray appeared a bit glossier to me.

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Select AWD
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Tell me about it! I changed my colors twice already since I ordered. I originally placed an order for Star White then had second thoughts and switched to Infinite Blue. But after I saw some pictures on this forum I called my dealer to switch back to Star White, haha. Now I know I made the right choice on my Storm Trooper...... the contrast of white and black will look amazing!
Good luck with your choices ! And remember... we will all enjoy inside so much the color won't matter so much :)

Reactions: ARK

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I think many of us can feel your pain with color choice. If not for the grabber blue I would have no idea which color to go with. I personally don't care for the infinite blue at all and although grabber is a softer blue then I would usually choose it has grown on me over the last 14 months. I think the white shown at the reveal would be my second choice as it really brings out the styling of the car in my opinion.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I'm having the same problem...I really want Grabber Blue but know it's only available on the GT.
I like the red but it seems like it does wash out or pop less in bright sunlight.
Honestly, I'm a little bummed Ford went with such "blah" colors for the Mach E. Other than the red, they're all basically shades of grey in some way.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I generally prefer brighter/"different" colors on my cars, so I immediately went for Grabber Blue when I reserved my FE. I had some idea of if from other Mustangs, and once I saw it in person it solidified my choice and I haven't really looked back.

If I hadn't gotten an FE though, I'm really not sure what I would have chosen. Rapid Red isn't bad, but is rather "plain" red to me. I think I would've maybe chose Space White since it seems to be a "different" white than most?

That being said, I think the Mach-E looks great in all available colors, though I do wish a larger variety or at least more unique offerings were made available.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
as you can find on other threads on here, I really went around and around about the color. I chose Rapid Red and that's what I'm buying, but man, Grabber Blue was a major option, and every time I see it, I like it. If not for the "girlfriend factor," it's very possible I would have switched the order.

the Ford color I really love (something like a Maastricht Blue, True Blue, or Kona Blue - all somewhat similar) isn't available...

but - hear me out here - what if they had the Mystic/Mystichrome paint ( Mystichrome Ford GT )? that would be A-MAZ-ING even if it cost like $2,000. pictures don't do it justice - in person it's so much "wtf that's crazypants awesome"!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody else agonizing over color choice? 1609935148387

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
we have a red c max that we are keeping and trading in a grey fusion hybrid......at the time I didn't want 2 red cars, so the mache color was carbonized grey, however, after seeing the mach e in person in red with the black roof, I did have second thoughts.......it looked great in full sun the day of the tour......by the way, my red c max is a 2013, no special treatment, other than I try to keep it clean, and people are always asking me about the car and the color......

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I am, only in the sense that I'd prefer Cyber Orange, but I do not want a GT. I can't afford the range compromise. So I compromised on Grabber Blue, but I'd much prefer the orange.

I also am agonizing over why Ford didn't offer the gasoline Mustang's Grabber Lime (2020MY) or Grabber Yellow (2021MY) on the Mach-E.

Last edited:

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I’d readily choose Grabber Blue but I like the Premium and will not spend more on the GT model.
It's kinda unfortunate they're being so restrictive with paint. I'm in the same boat in that I'd readily choose Cyber Orange, but I will not take the GT's range penalty. As it is I took the range penalty to get Grabber Blue, but I'm still not super happy about having to compromise on range just for a paint color.
Sponsored