Anyone find success buying a new Mach-E off lot vs from a build?

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I hope that you have an X plan PIN already. Ford discontinued the X plan on June. If you have a PIN it appears that it’s good until Dec of this year.

I’ve been in contact with about 20 different dealers on the east coast from Boston to Orlando. I’ve made it clear I’ll be there with a bag of cash for the right car with no mark up. All of them said the boss will require they charge ADM if the cars on the lot. I am on their short list of people to call if they want a quick sale with no trade in. I keep reminding myself that I want a MME, I don’t need a MME. I’m not willing to pay $10-15k more for a MME. That’s like 5-7 years of gas for me at current prices.
I’m planning on ordering the MME I want in August and buying using xplan.
I’ve found that the populating density of where I live lends the dealers to flex their muscles a little more because someone else will be walking through the door any minute.
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I would love to think that ordering will go smoothly and all the cars being held up for recall are going to get out to customers. I also would like 2023 orders to be delivered on time and when people need them.
I think that is the land of unicorns for the rest of 2022 and 2023.
Zero companies are making and delivering EVs in any significant numbers outside of Tesla. Look at the order wait for a Tesla today and you can see demand for EVs isn’t going away anytime soon.
All brands are still having supply issues with ICE vehicles so it’s a sellers market for new anything. Used cars might start to come down some more normalcy but new car purchases I think have changed forever. You will have to plan ahead with your car purchase or possibly pay ADM on EVs until production volumes go up.
Our 16 month old First Edition was bought buy the dealer for $2,200 more than the sticker for it and they had a buyer $5k more before we could pick our 22 up and the 21 obviously has no EV credit. If you can wait, I would order and lock in the price protection with a reputable dealer but it depends on your needs.

Puttyandnapalm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gladiator, Soon to be Mach E GT, Triumph Trophy
Country flag
I contacted every dealer that showed on Ford.com’s search to ask if the car was available as many were “in transit”

after contacting about 12 dealers, I found one that had a GT en route not spoken for. They said no ADM and gave me a trade offer sight-unseen for my Jeep Gladiator that beat Carmax, carvana, etc. I put a $500 deposit and it arrived a month or so later. No funny business with trade, claimed the dealer owner did not believe in ADM.

Easily smoothest dealer transaction I’ve ever had (gibbons ford near Scranton, pa)

i had a great trade offer, no ADM for a GT, but I had to drive 3.5 hours to get it.
There are deals out there but you may have to drive to get it

Last edited:

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I contacted every dealer that showed on Ford.com’s search to ask if the car was available as many were “in transit”

after contacting about dealers, I found one that had a GT en route not spoken for. They said no ADM and gave me a trade offer sight-unseen for my Jeep Gladiator that beat Carmax, carvana, etc. I put a $500 deposit and it arrived a month or so later. No funny business with trade, claimed the dealer owner did not believe in ADM.

Easily smoothest dealer transaction I’ve ever had (gupton ford near Scranton, pa)

i had a great trade offer, no ADM for a GT, but I had to drive 3.5 hours to get it.
There are deals out there but you may have to drive to get it
Now you’re just rubbing it in. :D

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I hope that you have an X plan PIN already. Ford discontinued the X plan on June. If you have a PIN it appears that it’s good until Dec of this year.
That’s not entirely true.

Ford X-plan applies to Friends and Neighbors as well as Ford Recognition Partners. The X-plan that was canceled for some Recognition Partners’ sponsors, not in its entirety. We are sponsored by a Ford employee and can generate a PIN and use it on a Mach-E purchase anytime. I suspect that customers employed by Ford’s suppliers are still eligible as well. Ford figured out that given crazy market pricing, too many people were buying some stocks or paying $25 club membership and discontinued some of those savings opportunities.

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Excellent to hear and thanks for clarifying. I think you are right on stocks and club joiners.

That’s not entirely true.

Ford X-plan applies to Friends and Neighbors as well as Ford Recognition Partners. The X-plan that was canceled for some Recognition Partners’ sponsors, not in its entirety. We are sponsored by a Ford employee and can generate a PIN and use it on a Mach-E purchase anytime. I suspect that customers employed by Ford’s suppliers are still eligible as well. Ford figured out that given crazy market pricing, too many people were buying some stocks or paying $25 club membership and discontinued some of those savings opportunities.

Rec329

First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e (on order)
Country flag
I gave up and ordered an EV6 in May and took delivery of it a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I ordered my '22 MME in December and still don't have a production date. My dealer called me in early May and had one on the lot that matched my order but said if I wanted it I had to pay $10k over MSRP since it technically wasn't the one I ordered. I asked if they'd negotiate on that and they went quiet. When I contacted them later that day they said it was already sold. That was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I've still got my order just to see how long it takes to fulfill but I have no plans of taking delivery. Someone else will get it after paying $10k ADM unfortunately.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, they didn't discontinue X-Plan. They discontinued shareholders qualifying.

Pibe38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Found a Premium from a pre-order that fell through. Dealer added a $20k “Market Adjustment.”

I walked away, they still have it listed on their website.

Everywhere else I’ve called all seem to be spoken for. For now I’m on the list to order a 2023 through a local dealership which promised in writing I’d pay MSRP.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Found a Premium from a pre-order that fell through. Dealer added a $20k “Market Adjustment.”

I walked away, they still have it listed on their website.
I had many if not all the dealers I contacted in April-May tell me ADM was $5K for Selects, $10K Premiums and $20K for GTs.

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
Who the F pays over MSRP for a car? “You People” are the exact reason dealers continue to sell them over MSRP. Not that I’m patient at all, but no way in hell I would pay a dime over MSRP, I’ll wait. If my dealer pulls some bullshit ADM on me when mine comes in, I won’t buy it.

slimothyjames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I spent a week of phoning numerous dealers and managed to find my premium er awd from a dealer 45 min away from me. I paid msrp. No government incentives where I’m at so I guess demand isn’t as intense as other places (still high demand though)

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
I just looked at inventory in a 30 mile radius, the mark ups on GTs are absolutely ridiculous. Some dealers are advertising 20k or more mark ups. Who the hell would overpay that much and wtf is wrong with people who do?

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
I was fortunate with Scotty (dealer stock order); put a deposit down while he was in transit last May but was annoyed about the ADM being added in the two weeks between my inquiring about the MME and when I placed my deposit. Granted $2500 isn’t much to complain about now, especially when I was being quoted $15,000 last year at one dealership. It‘s frustrating but unfortunately seems to be the trend for the foreseeable future…

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Who the F pays over MSRP for a car? “You People” are the exact reason dealers continue to sell them over MSRP. Not that I’m patient at all, but no way in hell I would pay a dime over MSRP, I’ll wait. If my dealer pulls some bullshit ADM on me when mine comes in, I won’t buy it.
I have NEVER paid MSRP let alone over in the 30+ years buying new cars!
We did not order a car and wanted to drive before we purchased any EV because we never owned one before.
I couldn’t even find a dealer that would hold a EV for us to test drive within 3 hrs drive. No one would even take a $500 deposit to hold one. This was in May before everything went nuts for gas pricing. My wife and I spent 30 minutes in dealer parking lot reviewing the numbers and made the call to buy the Mach E. SUPER happy with the car and we plan to keep for many years past our normal car turnover rate of 2-3 years. 5-8 years is our goal with this one.
I do not want encourage BAD dealer behavior but the market for cars let alone EVs is way under produced and I don’t think that will change for years if ever.
Make your own choice, pre order if possible and pay MSRP if you can.
Good on anyone that can do that today.
Sponsored