Apple CarKey

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
So for valet, we have to tell the valet attendant the code to open the car and drive the car, and they’ll probably have to write it down? Seems a bit more involved than just handing over a ticket. Also a bit riskier to give that info out to strangers since presumably the code remains the same over time and you don’t change it after every valet experience. Thoughts on this?
No, you enter Valet mode and it will give you a randomly generated PIN. So you don't have to give your own. This system is already available on the Lincoln Aviator.

https://media.lincoln.com/content/d...0/Aviator/Lincoln-Phone-AsAKey-Fact-Sheet.pdf
Sponsored

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Good to know I shouldn't get within ten feet of one; it might try to give me a hug!

VoNAyd0.png
That was pre-COVID-19. It's now known as the "Lincoln Social Distance Zone."

Last edited:

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
I thought you have to lock the car using the pin for the pin to access/drive to work. Like if you didn't then entering a pin does nothing. I hope I'm wrong on this because I'd like to use a pin as a backup. It doesn't make sense to carry your keyfob as a backup.

Another question, how do you disable phone as key temporarily. Like say i'm surfing and want to leave my phone in the car, would I have to disable it on my phone or the center tablet, or can I just lock the car with the pin pad and that disables phone access.

Reactions: FWE

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I thought you have to lock the car using the pin for the pin to access/drive to work. Like if you didn't then entering a pin does nothing. I hope I'm wrong on this because I'd like to use a pin as a backup. It doesn't make sense to carry your keyfob as a backup.

Another question, how do you disable phone as key temporarily. Like say i'm surfing and want to leave my phone in the car, would I have to disable it on my phone or the center tablet, or can I just lock the car with the pin pad and that disables phone access.
The easiest/quickest way is probably to temporarily disable bluetooth on the phone (or turn on airplane mode)

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
That has never been true with any other Ford vehicle. I doubt the Mach-E is any different.

Turning bluetooth off on your phone would work. Maybe the car can tell the difference between phone inside and outside. You may find your answer by googling the Lincoln Aviator. It uses the same system.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The easiest/quickest way is probably to temporarily disable bluetooth on the phone (or turn on airplane mode)
Or, Heaven forbid, you could turn your phone off.