DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Did anyone happen to notice that Fords latest UI has a max charge battery slider on the Charging screen, that seems to allow you to specify a generic max charge without having to first define your charging location?

I watched the below video on the Mach-E climate control system, and I happened to notice the redesigned Charge Settings screen with the battery slider (see screen shot below).

Screenshot_20221103-092633_YouTube.jpg

With that said my own Mach-E is fairly up to date with 3.5.4.2 OTA power up, and I definitely do not have that new UI. See screen shot of my current charge settings screen as well.

20221103_093050.jpg

Just wondering if anyone here can confirm if they have this new UI, perhaps on a 2022 model perhaps? If so please let us know what version of sync you are on, and what (if any) OTA power up version provided the new UI.

Lastly here is the Ford Video, and you can find the new Charge Screen shown at the 45 second mark into the video. With all of that said perhaps this is a glimpse into the refreshed UI we were promised for the Fall of 2022? Here's to hoping, because the lack of a general setting for max charge without first defining a GPS based charge location has always drove me nuts, and seemed like a really big oversight!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This is taken from the F-150, which has this capability. The Mach-E will get the new UI at some point. Was supposed to be last month.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I hadn’t opened up the navigation app in a while since I got a bunch of updates but there’s been a lot of changes in there. Especially the charger locator feature is much better now. So they are fixing and refining things and seems like we’ll get this too.

andyrross

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD
Country flag
First off, I don't have my MME yet, so I don't have anything to look at. But, I didn't know you could use the dial to change the temp, fan speed, etc. now. I thought it was only for volume. I'm now guessing this is from the new UI which isn't out yet. Is that the case?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First off, I don't have my MME yet, so I don't have anything to look at. But, I didn't know you could use the dial to change the temp, fan speed, etc. now. I thought it was only for volume. I'm now guessing this is from the new UI which isn't out yet. Is that the case?
Yeah not in the Mach-E yet, it’s coming in an update.. There is a game that you can control with the volume knob now though.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That is a weird video. It looks like its got some elements from the new UI, and also some from the old UI. They must have wanted to make it look similar to both UI's so they don't have to re-do the video with the new UI.

That new charge screen was expected to be in the sync update we got recently sine it was in the lightning, but it seems to have been taken out. Curious if they found an issue with it and just stuck with the old charge screen for now, or if it never was planned on coming to the MME yet.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Well this is a noteworthy video, we can see the knob can be used to make adjustments to temp and fan speed with the new UI.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Battery Slider & knob controlled temperature and fan speed previewed in new Ford video! Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.27.39 AM

Also the video touches on the strategy behind the new HVAC calibration for improved cold weather performance:
Using AUTO will also set the proper cabin air recirculation mode. It will determine whether to use the air inside the cabin, outside air, or a mixture of both to warm the cabin.
Using blended air instead of 100% outside air will dramatically increase the supply air temperature so there is more heat in cold weather. I believe the old HVAC software would only use 100% outside air during heating (like an ICE vehicle). I'm glad they did what I suggested last year.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well this is a noteworthy video, we can see the knob can be used to make adjustments to temp and fan speed with the new UI.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Battery Slider & knob controlled temperature and fan speed previewed in new Ford video! Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.27.39 AM

Also the video touches on the strategy behind the new HVAC calibration for improved cold weather performance:

Using blended air instead of 100% outside air will dramatically increase the supply air temperature so there is more heat in cold weather. I believe the old HVAC software would only use 100% outside air during heating (like an ICE vehicle). I'm glad they did what I suggested last year.
That looks super slick!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
So maybe 2023, 2024, any guesses when I might see this update in MY vehicle? :D I do like this tease though, something to look forward to.
Sponsored