WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
As the title says, this evening there is a BCM update showing for my 2021 GTPE. I checked a few other Job 1 and 2 VIN's and it seems to be for all 2021.

I'll run the update tomorrow as I don't feel like going out in the rain at 10pm.

EDIT: Queue the comments asking about the Frunk button ...
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I ran this BCM update tonight on my job 1. It didn’t show until I ran an HVAC module first and then it came on my list.

It doesn’t take longer than a few minutes on the mongoose cable. It will reset all the TPMS sensors, so you’ll have to find the thread on this forum that explains the steps to reprogram them.

Also had a telematics update that went over the usb drive method. All pretty quick updates though.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Just updated mine. When FDRS asks to relearn TPMS just say no, and drive the car 500 yards forward. TPMS warning goes away and sensors are active.

No TCU update for me...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just updated mine. When FDRS asks to relearn TPMS just say no, and drive the car 500 yards forward. TPMS warning goes away and sensors are active.
It will relearn the sensor IDs automatically, but the positions aren't necessarily correct anymore without doing a manual relearn.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Fair enough. Just ordered a TPMS relearn device that works with Fords from Amazon.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
You can use the manual method described in the post and just let a little air out of each tire to relearn.
All my tires were about 40 when starting the manual procedure.
Guide says you have to get down to ~30 psi, but mine were inconsistent in the amount required.
I had to let about 10-15 lbs out of the left tires to get them to register with the TPMS. The right tires only about 2-3 lbs each. 🤷‍♂️

A little wonky, but a good workaround to avoid buying another tool that would be rarely used.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It doesn’t take longer than a few minutes on the mongoose cable. It will reset all the TPMS sensors, so you’ll have to find the thread on this forum that explains the steps to reprogram them.
Drive the car they auto learn.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
But doesn't everyone need an excuse to buy a new tool? 😉
It's a cheap tool and well worth the $10 you can buy them for on Amazon. I have a couple which is a better solution than letting air out of my tires.

dreKion

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER+
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have updated with no problems. Job1 Europe. I had a TPMS relearn error and interior lights on/off, but I have let the car sleep and the error has disappeared.
Sponsored