Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is the window sticker of the vehicle I was to pickup Wednesday. $4,000 difference

IMG_3825.png
Sponsored

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I understand that this is a different situation when ordering EVs because of the time to delivery. When I ordered the 2021 Mach E, They dropped the price I think $3,000 for my model between ordering and delivery. This time around I watched the news and it was reported a price drop. The news reported that new prices would be applied to all orders. see Car and Driver link below. It caught me off guard. It was not priced to my expectation at that point. I wish Ford would have reach out and defined the pricing, and had I known I would have canceled and reordered with new pricing. I still might reorder. But it is a totally different market today than it was in 2022. I want to reiterate that I own a 2021 and love the car thatā€™s why I ordered a second one. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...tang-mach-e-prices-drop-increased-production/
Cars ordered before the January price drop and delivered after did have the price reduced accordingly. However, they made no such promise to reduce prices on previously ordered cars with the May price drop. Most people who have gotten their cars since the May price drop have not gotten an additional price drop to match the May prices, because that price is specific to cars with BlueCruise and portable EVSE itemized rather than included standard. I have found skimming the threads for cars built in the past couple months super helpful to see what prices people usually are paying and which rebates or cash incentives are potentially available.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Here is the window sticker of the vehicle I was to pickup Wednesday. $4,000 difference

IMG_3825.png
You forgot to include the $2000 bonus cash you would have gotten if you took your existing order. With that, the price difference of ordering the exact same new one without BlueCruise would have only saved you $1500, not $4000.

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
It is my feeling that the OP should have asked these questions before making the decision to cancel the order. Why we're now talking about something that could have been avoided in the first place as if it was a legitimate gripe about Ford pricing is beyond me. There was no bait-and-switch here, no shenanigans. It was a matter of when the new vehicle was ordered, and what options it came with (Premiums got BC for 3 yrs at the time this was ordered). Cars ordered NOW get all the same hardware baked in and get a trial subscription for the BC option OP considers to be of dubious value, but they cost less as a result.....again...that's cars that are ordered from now on, not the car OP initially ordered.

This all stems from a simple misunderstanding of the sequence of events and changes in pricing strategy and the result of market forces.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I was only referring to base MSRP for a premium RWD extended. This screen shot is from ford.com
Base MSRP does not include extended. For base msrp you can only buy standard range

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thankfully the Ignore feature lets you ignore the entire thread.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
$4k doesnā€™t seem like a lot to reject a car you had been waiting for, sounds like your loss, at least the dealer will still win I guess

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Wrong screen shot. Canā€™t figure out how to delete. Here is the Ford.com.

IMG_3824.png
You're incorrect about that price. Add $7000 to that "base price" for the extended range battery. Then add $1800 for destination. That gives you a "base price" of $55,795 for a RWD Premium ER. And we won't even mention the fact that it won't come with a charging cable at that price (or BlueCruise). Oops, I guess I just did.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Scam, no. Shitty, yes. I'm pretty sure you can just cancel and buy another carand get your deposit refunded depending on how you gave it.

Mach Al

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
That is still a great price. I paid $51,000 for my 2022 Select. I do have the technology package, but you get much more with the premium. The premium was not available when I ordered mine.

ChicagoV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Cars ordered before the January price drop and delivered after did have the price reduced accordingly. However, they made no such promise to reduce prices on previously ordered cars with the May price drop. Most people who have gotten their cars since the May price drop have not gotten an additional price drop to match the May prices, because that price is specific to cars with BlueCruise and portable EVSE itemized rather than included standard. I have found skimming the threads for cars built in the past couple months super helpful to see what prices people usually are paying and which rebates or cash incentives are potentially available.
This in a nutshell is the misunderstanding. While Ford lowered prices of existing orders when they previously lowered prices, they did not do that with the May price reduction.

Deleted member 16048

I keep hearing the OP and a few others say price reduction. The new vehicles are not a price reduction, they are a new variation and a change in the model. A price reduction is when the product itself is exactly the same, but the price is lowered. This is not the case here, the model physically changed with the new battery tech and features change. Id consider this a new SKU in the retail world if you will.

As others have said, you ordered the vehicle with the price known. Being all upset about a new variation that is $4k less and has a lot of features changed / dropped is a joke.

Would love to see you when the dealer ads their markup too. I think an expectations reset needs to occur here.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I don't know why OP is pissed. Markets change. You ordered the car at 61K. Now it is here, there is a cheaper version. So give it up and queue up for the cheaper version. If you can't wait, maybe look at some other cars. My neighbor bought the now 51K MYLR at 63K peak last year without tax credit. That is when you should feel unhappy.

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Let me start off by saying I own a 2021 Premium AWD Ext Mach E and I love the car. I ordered another Mach E in Sept 22. As we all know, over the past 9 months, Ford has dropped the price of Mach E and presently today(6/1/23) you can go online a get a Premium RWD Extended Range for MSRP base of $46,995. My car that I ordered 9 months ago to be delivered has a MSRP base $50,995. When I asked Ford why there was a difference between online new builds and my previously order car they stated because it comes with Blue Cruise. I asked them to remove it because I didnā€™t want it, I didnā€™t order it (apparently it was standard when I ordered the car). Ford told me they canā€™t remove it. SO in other words, the price reductions published throughout the media comes with conditions and you might not receive the lowest price on a previously ordered cars. Be Careful and check the invoice closely. I canceled the car. I am not paying $4,000 for an option I do not want. To verify this is a true story. The 2023 ordered car VIN xxx PMA26750.
Why dont you like BlueCruise? It's one of my favorite features! But if you never drive on the freeway/interstate, I guess I can see where it would be of little value.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Let me start off by saying I own a 2021 Premium AWD Ext Mach E and I love the car. I ordered another Mach E in Sept 22. As we all know, over the past 9 months, Ford has dropped the price of Mach E and presently today(6/1/23) you can go online a get a Premium RWD Extended Range for MSRP base of $46,995. My car that I ordered 9 months ago to be delivered has a MSRP base $50,995. When I asked Ford why there was a difference between online new builds and my previously order car they stated because it comes with Blue Cruise. I asked them to remove it because I didnā€™t want it, I didnā€™t order it (apparently it was standard when I ordered the car). Ford told me they canā€™t remove it. SO in other words, the price reductions published throughout the media comes with conditions and you might not receive the lowest price on a previously ordered cars. Be Careful and check the invoice closely. I canceled the car. I am not paying $4,000 for an option I do not want. To verify this is a true story. The 2023 ordered car VIN xxx PMA26750.
Everyone on this forum are Ford Bootlickers - they will defend their overlords through thick and thin as they rewatch Ford vs. Ferrari for the 12th time.
Sponsored

Last edited: