MessyJessie

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mach e gtpe
Country flag
So as of August 21st something weird is going on with the blue oval charge network when ever I try and charge my car out in public. I stopped in at a electrify america I've used countless times. Plug in my car, and start charging, and then got hit with an error in the app and the tower saying "payment declined" So I call my credit card company in a panic thinking someone stole my chard, and they said there are no problems with the card, and have no declined charges on their end, so it's got to be on the other end of the transaction. Every time I tried to unplug and replug the car in to start the whole process over again, I get the same error.

In the fordpass app, if I got to connected services it says "on hold, payment error, and then reprocess payment" under blueoval network. If i click that link, it says an error has occurred, and to call the ford customer service line. I've called it 3 times, and they have no clue what I'm even talking about, and are zero help. I've tried using 3 other credit cards, seeing if it was just a card issue, and still no joy. I've tripple checked that my address is the same on all of my accounts in the ford app and ford website.

At this point I don't even know what to do, and literally can't use any charging network that's part of the blueoval network, as it automatically syncs with the car and the network, and goes through the same whole error again, and declines it.
Sponsored

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White Metallic)
Country flag
You'll find the exact same problem if you try to update / reprocess the payment on the https://www.ford.com website.

I have the exact same issue and disabled Plug-n-Charge via the FordPass app, as a result.

Oh and don't bother trying to call @Ford Motor Company for help with this. Their phone folks are just awful and will dump you into either a voicemail box or else into a call line that just dies and tries to make you take a survey about your otherwise-awful phone call.

Here's what I see on the website:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blueoval charge network error with electrify america 1662683915266

What you'll get if you click on "Reproccess Payment >"

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blueoval charge network error with electrify america 1662683951477

Last edited:
OP
OP

MessyJessie

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mach e gtpe
Country flag
lol yep... have already gone down that rabbit hole. About to take it to my dealer and dump it in their laps, be like figure this out, and just peace out on them.

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
lol yep... have already gone down that rabbit hole. About to take it to my dealer and dump it in their laps, be like figure this out, and just peace out on them.
That's an idea. :)

I'd recommend just disabling the plug-n-charge feature via the app. I've heard that the rates are supposedly better via the Electrify America app, anyway!

Note: That does not excuse Ford for not getting this right, however.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Use the EA app until Ford fixes blue oval. My plug & charge never worked so I’m used to executing workarounds.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've heard that the rates are supposedly better via the Electrify America app, anyway!
The rates are the same for a regular blue oval charge account and the EA member/guest plan (typically 43 cents/kwh, but it varies by state). If you pay the $4/month for EA's "pass+" membership you get a roughly 25% discount rate (typically 31 cents per kwh). Ford has a similar plan with the same discount for $50 per year instead of $48/year.

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The rates are the same for a regular blue oval charge account and the EA member/guest plan (typically 43 cents/kwh, but it varies by state). If you pay the $4/month for EA's "pass+" membership you get a roughly 25% discount rate (typically 31 cents per kwh). Ford has a similar plan with the same discount for $50 per year instead of $48/year.
That's good to know. So it makes sense to make use of Plug-n-Charge.. if Ford could just get its backend server farms fixed up so that we can deal with whatever misconfiguration has happened. :)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's good to know. So it makes sense to make use of Plug-n-Charge.. if Ford could just get its backend server farms fixed up so that we can deal with whatever misconfiguration has happened. :)
There are some old threads about it, but essentially the CC info that's configured for P&C is "broken" and that's why you can't use P&C.

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Use the EA app until Ford fixes blue oval. My plug & charge never worked so I’m used to executing workarounds.
MessyJessie and ChuckA - You should call 800-334-4375 and open a ticket to get your issue addressed. They acknowledged that we are not alone. It will apparently "take some time" but they will open an "IT Ticket" to have the backend services teams take a look to see what has gone wrong.

I've got a ticket open and will wait to see how this goes.

Last edited:

Rick65

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
who participates in the ford's Blue Oval Charging Network? I assume that for these, I can pay with my Ford app...

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Metallic Premium Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
I have had my Mach E Premium for over a year and a half. Only actually used Plug and charge
once, just to check it out. I took a trip from Vegas to San Diego last weekend so enabled it. I am not
sure how long this has been going on, but EA seems to be doing a software update. It was a
leisurely drive so rather than One charge on the way down, one there, and one back, we stopped
multiple times for snacks and to stretch ( old fart here ). All screens but one said that software
update was in progress and that charge was complementary. The ONE that did have an issue
said " Charger not in network ". I unplugged, moved to next charger and all was well. Most chargers
went right up to 115 KW, dropping down to about 25 if we stayed to over 90%. A few went up to 84,
then dropped off. No problems, everything worked well, Drove to San Diego and back on THEIR dime. No Issues with car or charging. I believe that my total Mi/KW was right around 3. MUCH better
than anticipated.

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@MessyJessie and @ChuckA - Quick follow-up: The ticket that I had opened did have some sort of effect. I was able to get onto the Ford.com site, verified that my default credit card on my Ford.com profile was set to the card that I wanted to use. I then went to my car and then "Connected Services", I found that the BlueOval Charging Network was still "on hold".

This time, however, I clicked on 'Manage' and the website worked! I was able to tell the site to reprocess the failed transaction (this occurred when my free charging credits ran out, apparently). The transaction completed successfully and now the BlueOval Charge Network shows as "Active" for my car again.

I hope that you both find success in your efforts to fix the issue.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I have this issue, and we dont really use plug and charge but we do like to use charge assist at various stations which is pretty slick for quick and easy payment. It's an option on the car we paid for, and it's not working. Just received a case number today. We'll see.
Sponsored