TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a barn and 4 other out buildings all with metal roofs but all at least 30 yards from the car. The house is wood framed brick veneer with shingle roof. As noted it know where the car is and nav works.

You misunderstood what I was asking I will try to be clearer. I am not concerned about what the address is when you pick (what comes up) when you set up the charging schedule. What I am asking is the one displayed in the car charging schedule, settings, charging, edit schedule the same address as the one on the phone, vehicle, manage vehicle, charging times? Do the addresses in sync (car) and fordpass (phone) for your charging location match?
Ah, I think I see what you're asking. I didn't even know the charging schedule setting would show me the current map and address after clicking on Home. I just went and looked and the answer appears to be "sometimes".

First, let me say that I was mistaken above when I said it was picking up a false address for the side street. I didn't realize that the street on the corner is also a N-S street like mine (it curves around). It was actually picking up the valid address of house directly behind me on that street (just one digit off, and I didn't notice). When I went out now and looked, it was still showing my current location as the address for the house behind me.

So I deleted that charge location/schedule, did a 1-minute charge to populate a new charging address, and it still came up with the house behind me. So I went ahead and added a schedule to it, and named it Home (figuring I was stuck with that). But then after backing out and going back in to see my current location, this time it showed a new address, for the house across the street! The 3 houses are located basically in a triangle, each about 200' from the other.

I do remember the first time I did it when I got the car, it found my actual address though. Now it's only getting close. And is varying just enough to sometimes identify the address as any one of the 3 houses.

I guess that's no big deal as long as the "circle" it draws around the saved location is big enough to accept any of the 3 houses as being Home, and will charge according to the schedule. Time will tell whether it does that dependably or not. I've probably done 6 overnight charges now, and all but one worked.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is a pop up, blue, when plugged in on the bottom of the phone. This has an over ride button to charge to 100%. No problem with mine charging it wants to do that.

Is your phone app address and your sync screen address the same for your charging location? Some one pipe in. Yes or no.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is your phone app address and your sync screen address the same for your charging location? Some one pipe in. Yes or no.
As I alluded to in the previous post, seems like the address matches about a third of the time. The one on my phone (FordPass, Vehicle) is always showing the correct address. The one in the car (Charging, Home) is floating between my correct address and the 2 houses 200' south or 200' east of me. The charging GPS just seems less accurate so far.

CP-Mach-E

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Murano, 21 F150 PB Plat, 21 Mach-E PESR
Country flag
There is a pop up, blue, when plugged in on the bottom of the phone. This has an over ride button to charge to 100%. No problem with mine charging it wants to do that.
I assume this comment was in reply to my message.

I did see the "Charge to 100%" button and I had considered pressing it to see what happened, but decided against it because I didn't want to charge to 100%. Besides, my primary concern was why it was waiting at all when the schedule was set up to charge Anytime.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As I alluded to in the previous post, seems like the address matches about a third of the time. The one on my phone (FordPass, Vehicle) is always showing the correct address. The one in the car (Charging, Home) is floating between my correct address and the 2 houses 200' south or 200' east of me. The charging GPS just seems less accurate so far.
Sorry hit post above. Thanks so yours don't match either and all is well. Mine grabs two different neighbors address also only diff 260 yards apart and a bit farther. They wanted me to test NAV before it went in and it worked, lead me to believe the same GPS? They were talking frequencies from the TPMS and ABS interference? If it charges on your schedule when you set it up you don't think to much of it. My problem appears to be something no others have thought about which isn't good for me.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I did see the "Charge to 100%" button and I had considered pressing it to see what happened, but decided against it because I didn't want to charge to 100%. Besides, my primary concern was why it was waiting at all when the schedule was set up to charge Anytime.
Don't want it at 100% tell me about it. ?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Just to add once you press to start charging to 100% the button appears to stop charging so you do not need to charge 100% but you are manual mode. I do understand the concern that your charging schedule did not work right.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just checked my app it did reset behind my back and is now charged to 96% Hitting stop charging does not work all the time or for long for me and the schedule does not work at all.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Doesn’t work at all here neither
Thank you my friend after a month and a half of dumb user it is good to hear from someone in the same boat. I thankyou for the the confirmation. Was told someone in thunder bay also same prob.

Edit: just noted you think is is a grey thing?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Ford knows about the issue. The car (as I've seen it) will think it's parked down the block or across the street, etc. and doesn't realize it is "home".

In a garage, a GPS is unlikely to work. You can do approximate positioning via cellphone radio tower triangulation that but that has a pretty big margin of error. (I think this is probably why it thinks the car is parked near your home ... but not AT your home.)

My comment to Ron was to consider augmenting the software such that if the car was able to join your "home" WiFi network, then it is "home" and should use the home charging schedule. I don't know that they'll do this (it was just a suggestion).

I know they are looking into it (this is the sort of thing that I'd expect to roll out via software update).

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford knows about the issue. The car (as I've seen it) will think it's parked down the block or across the street, etc. and doesn't realize it is "home".

In a garage, a GPS is unlikely to work. You can do approximate positioning via cellphone radio tower triangulation that but that has a pretty big margin of error. (I think this is probably why it thinks the car is parked near your home ... but not AT your home.)

My comment to Ron was to consider augmenting the software such that if the car was able to join your "home" WiFi network, then it is "home" and should use the home charging schedule. I don't know that they'll do this (it was just a suggestion).

I know they are looking into it (this is the sort of thing that I'd expect to roll out via software update).
Clear 30 acres up front and karma is not in a garage. Wonder why after it is plug in it needs a GPS? Once it is plugged it could be done until unplugged and woke up. That would give us a fighting chance. This car does not function without GPS numerous times during a charging session? Based on the number of resets I would say yes. Outside help to run an event in task scheduler confuses me. Could be more independent once it gets parked and plugged.

Mine is connected to my wifi network but pretty sure the antenna is inside the mach-e as there is a noticeable difference in signal standing beside and inside with the doors closed which is what the mach-e receives. Wifi is connected bring it on.

Thanks. Good to hear Ford is aware.

It was a master reset and tested then a week later got contacted to check some setting I may have input since the master reset as that could be my problem and could fix it. That did it for me but all good. Told them to take it reset it and try it at the dealers. That would not fix my problem but would determine if it is my location specific. Most likely nothing I have set up since is causing much of a prob. Left and right?

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
What wheel are those? Just awesome looking. Good job do you take a hit in range?
Fast Wheels Switch 18" much lighter than stock 19" of my Premium. If fact it’s to gain range. With preheat these days I don’t even need to use e-heat during the day (23-40F outside temp) I already hit the EPA range (3.1 mile / kWh)

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
My car doesn't know AM from PM. I have it set to charge, at home, from midnight - 4AM. If I plug it in between noon - 4PM, it starts to charge. I have to plug in after 4PM.
Sponsored