Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
Don't want it at 100% tell me about it. ?
I checked my car and app and they both list the same address as home ( it’s actually my neighbor’s address but at least they match). I deleted home and charged for a moment and then added it as home again. Still the same address. I went to navigation and clicked home and it told me I had arrived at home. Everything worked as expected except that the car ignores the schedule and charges to 100%!
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fast Wheels Switch 18" much lighter than stock 19" of my Premium. If fact it’s to gain range. With preheat these days I don’t even need to use e-heat during the day (23-40F outside temp) I already hit the EPA range (3.1 mile / kWh)
At what speed, temp? Ran Hyw 17 this weekend 52 km from the first 50 KW charger on my future run. Gets flat and busy past. Turned and road it back. The back hills are tested. Ran 24 Kwh/100 km at 105 km/hr there and high balled it back and only went ups to 25 Kwh/100km at 110 and passing. Bit thirstier than you note. 75% pack used 250 km -3 C. 75/2 x 175/125 = 52% and doable on 80% of useable at that temp

What's the name of the wheels?

Edit: My bad switch is the name. Range increase?

Last edited:

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium
Country flag
Too bad it wasn't so simple as a configuration change.

Today I ran into the opposite problem. I have my schedule set up to charge from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM Weekdays, and Anytime on Weekends. I plugged my car in this afternoon (Sunday) with a charge of about 25%, and it said that it was waiting until 12:00 AM Monday to start charging. Obviously I didn't want to wait for it to start charging, so I started looking for a "Start Now" override button, but no such button exists.

In the end I managed to get it to start charging by going into the charge settings for my home and I added a charge window for the weekend and set the start and end time to be 12:00 AM. As soon as I saved the settings, my car started charging.

The interesting thing is that when I go back into the settings, they look no different than they did before. The charge time on the weekend still says "Anytime", and there is no charge window defined for the weekend. We'll see if I run into the same issue next weekend.
Hi...My MME did the same, saying it would not charge until Monday. Here in Ontario we changed clocks ahead 1 hour this morning...wondering if the car got confused by the time change...I also had to force it to charge this morning...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Too bad it wasn't so simple as a configuration change.

Today I ran into the opposite problem. I have my schedule set up to charge from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM Weekdays, and Anytime on Weekends. I plugged my car in this afternoon (Sunday) with a charge of about 25%, and it said that it was waiting until 12:00 AM Monday to start charging. Obviously I didn't want to wait for it to start charging, so I started looking for a "Start Now" override button, but no such button exists.

In the end I managed to get it to start charging by going into the charge settings for my home and I added a charge window for the weekend and set the start and end time to be 12:00 AM. As soon as I saved the settings, my car started charging.

The interesting thing is that when I go back into the settings, they look no different than they did before. The charge time on the weekend still says "Anytime", and there is no charge window defined for the weekend. We'll see if I run into the same issue next weekend.
I had that problem once as well. I forced it to start charging by changing the radio button on Ford Pass to "Charge When Plugged in" and that did the trick. Took a bit, but 3-4 minutes later it started charging.

I also have a weird glitch that I can't figure out. I can charge anytime on the weekend and I want the vehicle set that way. However, when I use the clock face time of day thing in the SYNC screen to set from 12 am to 12 am (illuminating the entire 360 degrees in blue), the blue clears itself. Sort of like it will NEVER charge on the weekends. So, I have to set it from midnight to 11 30 pm and then it works.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had that problem once as well. I forced it to start charging by changing the radio button on Ford Pass to "Charge When Plugged in" and that did the trick. Took a bit, but 3-4 minutes later it started charging.

I also have a weird glitch that I can't figure out. I can charge anytime on the weekend and I want the vehicle set that way. However, when I use the clock face time of day thing in the SYNC screen to set from 12 am to 12 am (illuminating the entire 360 degrees in blue), the blue clears itself. Sort of like it will NEVER charge on the weekends. So, I have to set it from midnight to 11 30 pm and then it works.
You using 240V? It should not take 24 hours to charge the mach-e at 240. My initial cals say mine is taking 40A 88/8.6 = 12 hours should be good. You could just pick a time and if all day start 12:01 for 20 hours. I think if you just trash the weekend schedule it would charge all day but to 100%. Found this interesting calculator yesterday. Not sure if has been posted here already. L2 Charging Calculator

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think a good change to the software is make defaults immediate and 90% not Immediate and 100%. This would be more in line with the owners manual and give everyone a bit of room.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You using 240V? It should not take 24 hours to charge the mach-e at 240. My initial cals say mine is taking 40A 88/8.6 = 12 hours should be good. You could just pick a time and if all day start 12:01 for 20 hours. I think if you just trash the weekend schedule it would charge all day but to 100%. Found this interesting calculator yesterday. Not sure if has been posted here already. L2 Charging Calculator
Sorry Shayne, I didn't see this post until just now....

I have 120v, 240v @ 32A and 240v @48A
Since I was able to set a charge location......the car tries to match up a charge rate to the EVSE last used at that location. So, changing the EVSEs did confuse the car a little bit. It seems to recover pretty quick though but it takes a little time for it to update the calculated time to finish.

I figured the charge time issue in the clock face in SYNC. The manual says that fully empty or fully highlighted is the same, meaning it will charge anytime during that day. So, my concern for the weekend schedule turned out to be a non issue.

Did you see my other post about how the car prioritizes the various charging scenarios and determine when and why it might not follow the schedules?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry Shayne, I didn't see this post until just now....

I have 120v, 240v @ 32A and 240v @48A
Since I was able to set a charge location......the car tries to match up a charge rate to the EVSE last used at that location. So, changing the EVSEs did confuse the car a little bit. It seems to recover pretty quick though but it takes a little time for it to update the calculated time to finish.

I figured the charge time issue in the clock face in SYNC. The manual says that fully empty or fully highlighted is the same, meaning it will charge anytime during that day. So, my concern for the weekend schedule turned out to be a non issue.

Did you see my other post about how the car prioritizes the various charging scenarios and determine when and why it might not follow the schedules?
Yes I did and I have given it more than ample time with the windows I have scheduled to charge it it just ignores it. Sat in the car with Ford to confirm that with them. See you have been doing some 120v and 240v tests and thanks good info. I was wondering about the weekend and I presume Friday's (weekday) schedule runs into Saturday and the Sunday (weekend schedule) runs into Monday. Have not had any chance to test too much on the charging schedule to date.

Sorry clock face in SYNC? Not this? https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/car-ignores-charging-schedule.4392/page-3#post-132286

OP
OP

Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
Yes I did and I have given it more than ample time with the windows I have scheduled to charge it it just ignores it. Sat in the car with Ford to confirm that with them. See you have been doing some 120v and 240v tests and thanks good info. I was wondering about the weekend and I presume Friday's (weekday) schedule runs into Saturday and the Sunday (weekend schedule) runs into Monday. Have not had any chance to test too much on the charging schedule to date.

Sorry clock face in SYNC? Not this? https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/car-ignores-charging-schedule.4392/page-3#post-132286
My problem with my car ignoring the schedule continues. Today I did a master reset then plugged in the charging cable. I set up a schedule with delayed charging and shockingly, the car stopped charging. The schedule page said something about waiting for the allowed charging time. I was briefly excited! Unfortunately, as soon as I turned the car off it clicked into charging! I did a chat with Ford and was told that charge scheduling is not a known issue with the Mach e. They said I need to bring the car in for service before Ford will recognize the issue. Appointment pending.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My problem with my car ignoring the schedule continues. Today I did a master reset then plugged in the charging cable. I set up a schedule with delayed charging and shockingly, the car stopped charging. The schedule page said something about waiting for the allowed charging time. I was briefly excited! Unfortunately, as soon as I turned the car off it clicked into charging! I did a chat with Ford and was told that charge scheduling is not a known issue with the Mach e. They said I need to bring the car in for service before Ford will recognize the issue. Appointment pending.
Small joys and it just does not work. I have been informed by Ford that me and someone in Michigan are the only 2 in North America with the problem ;). My dealer told me another in Canada so Ford must not be aware of them or you. I have got it to hold for every stage of the process but in the end it always resets and charges to 100%. Even if you hit stop charging it will reset and charge to 100%. There is no way to stop it from charging to 100% except unplug it. Going on the second month with this and it has never worked since day one and continues to be completely dysfunctional. They continue to point fingers like it was something we did and it is getting a little old at this stage. Latest is they said it was me deleting it out of save locations after trying it numerous time and it did not work. They reset it at the dealers and it did not work there but it was me deleting another location prior to them resetting it back to factory default setting and it not working at another location. Maybe the dealers service center deleted theirs from their saved locations when it did not work and it is all their fault it did not work there also. As I said a bit old.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Happened to me last night as well. My FordPass app is set to charge at home, to 90%. In the car, Sync also says charge to 90%. After I plugged in, the charging screen on the app says that the target charge level is 100%.? Somewhere in the middle of the night, I got a message saying the MME was charged to the target level of 90%. However, the FordPass app said that the vehicle was charged to 100%. The good news is that the mileage is now showing 303 at 100% - yay. I went into the garage and found that the MME was in fact at 100% and had stopped charging. So, I don’t know what exactly isn’t talking to what. I only have one saved location - home. The app said I was charging at “home.” Go figure.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Happened to me last night as well. My FordPass app is set to charge at home, to 90%. In the car, Sync also says charge to 90%. After I plugged in, the charging screen on the app says that the target charge level is 100%.? Somewhere in the middle of the night, I got a message saying the MME was charged to the target level of 90%. However, the FordPass app said that the vehicle was charged to 100%. The good news is that the mileage is now showing 303 at 100% - yay. I went into the garage and found that the MME was in fact at 100% and had stopped charging. So, I don’t know what exactly isn’t talking to what. I only have one saved location - home. The app said I was charging at “home.” Go figure.
Mine sync's also between Sync, the I7 and the G8 and not a problem there as they all show the changes of the others. Has it been working for you? Maybe a one time glitch? Mine sends messages that it is charged to 100% and that is about it. The schedule gets completely wiped out and uses the defaults. It will charge immediate and just forget the schedule. It with hold for charge times once and awhile but will reset to 100%. It has charged to its scheduled SOC once after I reinitiated the schedule after it defaulted to 100% once scheduled time was reached. Even when the scheduled state of charge is reach and the schedule is over it will reset and charge it to 100%. The off peak schedule and keeping the battery to 90% as per the recommendations in the user manual has not worked here ever.

It is like a PC ram issue as it is random and triggers at different times. Random is hard to trace. All other aspects of sync are working reasonably well? See no lost profile or such. Only 2 in North America with this problem makes it sound like possibly not software or the OS.

Wow you must be building up a good EV credit score with your vehicle or it is warmer down there. I saw 403 KM (250 miles) at 100%. The 100 to 99% is not linear to the rest which makes percentage difficult to compare. At 80% you will not have 0.8 x 303. But the good news is your 100 to 99% will show you that you have a 1000 miles of range.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I'm kinda wondering if it finishes the charge session to 90% then, because I told it to charge anytime, it just starts a new charge session immediately from 90 to 100%. Maybe? I don't have any times set because I don't have a time of day rate plan.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
The manual says that fully empty or fully highlighted is the same, meaning it will charge anytime during that day. So, my concern for the weekend schedule turned out to be a non issue.
OK, so fully empty means the same things as fully highlighted. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
But the good news is your 100 to 99% will show you that you have a 1000 miles of range.
Congratulations! You have just discovered "Cannonball Mode". Perfect for those fast cross-continent runs. :D
Sponsored