Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Just got a response back from Fordpass again- They will not take any further steps to resolve the issue. The engineers are not recognizing this as a SYNC-specific issue. I have referred to your case where it works on your wife's MME with older OTAs, but they do not believe this is true. @Ford Motor Company what is going on???
Well ild be happy to capture video from one car to the next.
Sponsored

NeonMustang

First Name
Magfur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e California Route 1
Country flag
Well ild be happy to capture video from one car to the next.
I have also said a lot of us started having this issue only after the recent OTA, their response to this is that the timing may be coincidental :/

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have also said a lot of us started having this issue only after the recent OTA, their response to this is that the timing may be coincidental :/
Sounds like they just didn't want to hear they have a problem. Lame.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Just got a response back from Fordpass again- They will not take any further steps to resolve the issue. The engineers are not recognizing this as a SYNC-specific issue. I have referred to your case where it works on your wife's MME with older OTAs, but they do not believe this is true. @Ford Motor Company what is going on???
I'd call them out on twitter/facebook, Companies tend to respond quicker when it's on one of the bigger public forums.

EVinATL

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Just wanted to add that it’s happening for carPlay as well, wired and wireless. For music and waze. It happens every time i use my phone. And has been happening since i got my car end of oct 22. I’ve used same phone, same cable on my older fusion energi and have never had this problem. I’m thinking it’s the usb a & usb c connections. But any suggestions are welcome.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It started happening again with me too. It was an issue when I first got the car back in May of last year. Then I switched from a Galaxy Z Fold2 to a Pixel 6, and either by coincidence or software update, the problem went away (I had been using wired AA with the Samsung, gave up on wireless, so I can't say for sure when it stopped with the issue). Fast forward to a few days ago, and it's suddenly back after I received a bunch of OTA's over the span of the last couple of weeks.

Can't tell me that it's not a Ford issue when it was perfectly fine before all the updates, and now the issue has returned. I am using a Pixel 7 Pro.

I might just buy the Moto Wireless AA adapter and just be done with Ford borking the functionality and then denying it (my wife uses it in her Kia, works flawlessly).

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Welp, my wife's '22 just got 3.5.3 now so it should be choppy now too. yay.

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I've tried many fixes without success as well. Also tried my wife's phone and bought a new pixel 7 pro and all had same choppy audio. Choppy audio is in music, podcasts and more now. It's getting worse.

Does the wireless android actually use Bluetooth chip or is it a wifi connection like a LAN? Whichever it uses, seems the hardware in the car is the issue. It's like a failing Bluetooth headset.

Really frustrating and getting a dealership to fix a tech issue like this will just add insult to injury.

I had an ongoing ticket with Fordpass which they escalated. After going back and forth a few times ( sending them video clips of the audio "clipping" , restarting, resetting, re-pairing, etc) the response from Ford is that this may be related to buffering or Android Auto which isn't part of the recent OTA, which I am having hard time to believe because I did not have this issue prior to this update. I guess we will be stuck with this until Ford takes responsibility. I suggest everyone to call Fordpass and further escalate it as well. Its really annoying to have audio skipping every min like its an old record player. smh

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I've tried many fixes without success as well. Also tried my wife's phone and bought a new pixel 7 pro and all had same choppy audio. Choppy audio is in music, podcasts and more now. It's getting worse.

Does the wireless android actually use Bluetooth chip or is it a wifi connection like a LAN? Whichever it uses, seems the hardware in the car is the issue. It's like a failing Bluetooth headset.

Really frustrating and getting a dealership to fix a tech issue like this will just add insult to injury.
It may seem like a small issue to some, but I listen to music with every drive, and every audio cutout just pisses me off until I just want to turn the radio off and drive in silence. Ford fixed it last year, probably inadvertently if they claim it's not an issue, so it can be fixed again.

Divebc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e AWD Premium
Country flag
Been having the same issue for months using a Samsung Fold 4 and everything updated. I have the same issue when the phone is plugged in via usbC or wireless. I've also noticed the same issue with Bluetooth only. I have also noticed that skipping songs using the steering wheel controls can be very delayed 1-12 seconds. I have talked to Ford and they had me do a master reset. This didn't change anything. The only thing I've noticed since is that my driver profiles don't connect anymore and I haven't seen an update since.

NeonMustang

First Name
Magfur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e California Route 1
Country flag
I may have found a temp solution to this(for Android Auto users)- Turn off "wireless Android Auto" feature from Android auto settings on your phone. This will only allow AA to connect when wired. I have not experienced audio stutters since then... I'd say try the same for Apple Play users as well.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had this problem in my 22, but my 23 is flawless with no wireless AA music/audio dropouts. I believe the hardware is the same but it has updated software which should align to the power up 4.x series. So hopefully it will be fixed for earlier cars also when the 4.x updates start rolling out.

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Removed the phone connections through wireless and bluetooth all together. Only using a high quality USB cable to connect now. Solved all the issues I was having. It's a minor inconvenience to connect the cable each time but much less annoying than the other problems wireless projection was causing.

OP
OP
shadowsjc

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Something I saw on reddit: it might be your smart watch interfering with the wireless android auto connection. I disabled the watch Bluetooth connection for calls and it also reduced the choppiness.

MachE-auto

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E - California Route 1
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
HI everyone - I am new to the forum. Had a nagging question about android auto (AA) and how annoying it has been. In the beginning, the problems I would encounter were: 1) difficulty connecting to AA when starting vehicle and 2) listening to a song and encountering a "CD like skip."

on or about 1/31/23, I encountered another vexing issue. I had a phone call that was using the vehicle speakers/connect, then it conked out, then it came back. This persisted for a couple of days thereafter. I have also encountered issues where I am connected to AA listening to music and AA disconnects. sometimes I have to reconnect by pressing AA and sometimes it comes back.

it is a damn shame that customers spend all of this money for a state of the art vehicle and we get CD skips, phone disconnects, and intermittent music on what otherwise is a nice infotainment system. What is this - 1999?
Sponsored