Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got rid of my 2018 F-150 because they couldn't get the tailgate to stop dropping on its own (it had the remote release option) and because the suspension went to shit and no one would fix it (Shelby Super Snake but the lowered one). I was reluctant to even buy another Ford because of this but I really liked the Mach E. This is definitely my last Ford if this keeps up.
I'm on a "three strikes and you're out" plan. I've been stranded twice, and a third occurrence would send me into the arms of another manufacturer. I still love my MME, and I'm rooting for success here.
Sponsored

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I'm on a "three strikes and you're out" plan. I've been stranded twice, and a third occurrence would send me into the arms of another manufacturer. I still love my MME, and I'm rooting for success here.
I'm on strike one but I am of the same mindset

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Just got an update, no rental car until Wednesday.. @Ford Motor Company Help!
Was hoping @Ford Motor Company would have stepped up and called or at least talked to the dealer by now. This car is the future of Ford, well at least the beginning of the future. They really should put more effort in to make sure that when our cars break, they are quicker to respond, and train the techs at dealers better.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm trying to decide whether or not I should go through the hassle to check that nut when my 2022 gets here later this year. Also I'll probably cut holes in the cover over the LVB connection points.
My 2022 is due next month. I've already got the parts for the 12V access ports, a battery maintenance charger, and I am seriously thinking of checking that nut behind the fuse box, too. Based on a video about removing the frunk, I think I can get to that nut only removing the back and drivers side covers, which I plan to do to add the access ports.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
My 2022 is due next month. I've already got the parts for the 12V access ports, a battery maintenance charger, and I am seriously thinking of checking that nut behind the fuse box, too. Based on a video about removing the frunk, I think I can get to that nut only removing the back and drivers side covers, which I plan to do to add the access ports.

you HAVE to pull the Frunk tub to get to the nut.... its behind the fusebox, which has to be pulled straight out into the area the frunk tub sits.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Was hoping @Ford Motor Company would have stepped up and called or at least talked to the dealer by now. This car is the future of Ford, well at least the beginning of the future. They really should put more effort in to make sure that when our cars break, they are quicker to respond, and train the techs at dealers better.
We're here to help, Tom! We just sent you a direct message :).

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Hey who you calling a loose nut?!!?

Updated: Just got a call from the dealer it was towed to " It will be at least a week before I can even look at it" Ok cool give me a loaner... They don't have loaners.... Ok a free rental car... they won't be able to get one until later today...
Which dealer did it get towed to?

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
My 2022 is due next month. I've already got the parts for the 12V access ports, a battery maintenance charger, and I am seriously thinking of checking that nut behind the fuse box, too.
Yep. Mine's not due until July at least, but my plans and pre-purchased parts are similar.

There is no way I won't be checking the torque on that nut, certainly within a week of taking possession of the car, sooner if my schedule allows.

LOL, and my wife was concerned I'd have withdrawal symptoms from not having preventative maintenance to do on an EV...

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Update: Got a call from Ford Motor Co, saying that they will cover a rental. Then right after I got off the phone with them Courtesy Ford called, and said they were looking at it. They think it is related to some TSBs.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Sorry for all the questions, but inquiring minds want to know.
What parts are needed for the 12v access ports?
Which maintenance charger?
Is a maintenance charger really needed?
I have one of those little devices you can plug into a 12v cigarette lighter plug that tells you the 12v battery voltage and planned on checking it from time to time.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have one of those little devices you can plug into a 12v cigarette lighter plug that tells you the 12v battery voltage and planned on checking it from time to time.
I also got one of those little 12V cigarette lighter plugs with voltage readout.
Here are the threads I used for your questions:
12V access ports:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ttery-and-to-under-hood-fuse-box-video.10722/
Read the whole thread for background, additional pointers, and more choices.
Maintenance charger:
The critical issue seems to be long-term "desulfating", which some chargers terminate after a few hours. This issue was common when new MMEs were in shipping a long time, especially in cold weather. Based on recommendations, I chose this at Amazon:
BatteryMINDer 1510: 12 Volt-1.5 Amp Battery Charger, Battery Maintainer, and Battery Desulfator – Designed for Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, ATV, Boats, RV
Forum thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-recondition-service-your-12v-battery.11069/
Video showing frunk removal and location of the "loose nut" failure:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ttery-and-to-under-hood-fuse-box-video.10722/

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Hey who you calling a loose nut?!!?

Updated: Just got a call from the dealer it was towed to " It will be at least a week before I can even look at it" Ok cool give me a loaner... They don't have loaners.... Ok a free rental car... they won't be able to get one until later today...
Definitely keeping my flex as a back up.😏

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
see https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-add-access-ports-for-lvb-connection-points.4107/

in my opinion a maintenance charger is not needed if your MME is working properly. It is designed to pull juice from HV to maintain LVB. If it's not, then something is wrong and should be fixed.

great. If you ever see the accessory voltage below 11.9v when MME is sleeping, or below 13 when MME is 'on', something is wrong
Sponsored