Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
I am gearing up to take delivery of my Mach E today and noticed that the delivery receipt from the shipping company notes Special Use Contamination Ext Damage > 12". Anyone know what that means? I want to know what I am looking for when I do the inspection.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Delivery Receipt shows Special Use Contamination Damage 1611928638601
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
No idea, but want to follow this thread to find out.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Looks like the other car on that receipt has an interesting note too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Delivery Receipt shows Special Use Contamination Damage MissingRemote

OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
I am being told by the dealer that they "had to put that on there in case they find any damage because it was snow covered." So, there were two Mach E's delivered on the same truck and the other one only noted a missing key, but it was also snow covered. Thoughts?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I am being told by the dealer that they "had to put that on there in case they find any damage because it was snow covered." So, there were two Mach E's delivered on the same truck and the other one only noted a missing key, but it was also snow covered. Thoughts?
Sounds fishy to me. Contamination may be snow. But Ext Damage greater than 12" sure doesn't sound like snow.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Looks like the other car on that receipt has an interesting note too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Delivery Receipt shows Special Use Contamination Damage MissingRemote
Hmmm. How are they moving it around with no keyfob? Access code on door/display?

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am gearing up to take delivery of my Mach E today and noticed that the delivery receipt from the shipping company notes Special Use Contamination Ext Damage > 12". Anyone know what that means? I want to know what I am looking for when I do the inspection.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Delivery Receipt shows Special Use Contamination Damage giphy
Maybe just a Covid warning âš ?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think snow on new vehicles being moved by truck would happen all the time this time of year yet we haven’t seen this note appear on Palsapp for other people despite seemingly most forum members being aware of Palsapp and checking for delivery updates there. I’d push for more of an explanation.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
So i used to work in the shipping/receiving yards. So this is just my 2 cents...but cars often come in with damage, and we have to get them repaired on the spot or send them back. This to me, appears to be some type of large damage to the vehicle that needed replaced/repaired. It has to be well documented and recorded.

I was always taking brand new vehicles, off the train straight to the shop for these things. It is not as uncommon as you may think. I wouldnt be too worried, they know what theyre doing to fix them back.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Good Luck Cyndi! I would ask for clarification from the Dealer and really go over everything taking your time.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
My first thought was that this was BS, but on reflection it might not be. Depending on where the vehicle was, one might have an area be covered by snow and one not.

To some extent this doesn't matter. Just make sure you check out the vehicle for any body damage and you should be fine. Greater than 12" shouldn't be too hard to find. In a better world the dealer would have done this for you but we don't necessarily live in that world.

Congrats on the car BTW. You're one of the first to get it.
Sponsored