Differences between Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’ve only driven the Premium and the standard GT, but the GT had noticeably less “bounce” than the Premium.
Better damping on the GT. I wonder how a Premium would ride on GT shocks (leaving the springs alone)? ??
Sponsored

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Hi I am considering these two models and am trying to figure out the differences.

I know the GTPE is faster.
I think the GTPE is the only one that has Magneride - is that correct?
The website says the GTPE gets 235 miles vs 270 for the GT, but I have read in this forum that its actually 260 vs 270, is that correct?

I dont really care about which is faster, and wouldnt really want to trade off any meaningful range difference for that attribute alone.

I would love if anyone can advise me on other differences between the two that would help my decision?

Thank you.
You can find a lot of info on the differences in several posts here and in the Reviews post.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-gt-official-reviews-are-here.10267/

Main Differences: GT vs GTPE
Interior: Seats, interior fabric color and inserts
Exterior: Rims and Tires (All Weather vs Summer )
Performance: MagnaRide on PE, bigger upfront breaks on PE (both GT and GTPE are brembo) , tweaked torque on PE (600 vs 634)

Last edited:

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I’m toying with changing my order to either a GT or GT-PE but a)both a bit out of my budget and b)I’m not sure I’d like the PE seats and I have upper back and shoulder problems. My oldest is almost 13. Maybe in 3 years I’ll let her have the premium and I’ll get a GT. ?

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I do not find my GT to be bouncy.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Can we change that or you have to just get new shocks? Literally the thing causing me to debate trying to sell my Premium AWD for a GTPE. Drives me crazy!
Somebody on this forum reported that putting non-magnetic GT shocks on his Premium fixed the bounciness.

dbonsett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
GTPE interior has been polarizing, look at interior videos if you care about interiors.

different rims.

maybe different color options.

Pirelli tires on PE - not necessarily an advantage because they might not be as durable or practical as standard tires.

yet to be proven that there’s really any significant performance difference.

but, PE got bigger brakes and magnaride, so maybe handling is better on PE
Thats why I ordered GTP. Maybe not much of a difference but didnt wanna risk it.

Bueller

First Name
Bueller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Public Affairs
Country flag
I do not notice any bounce in my GT.

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
IT Engineer, aviator, gearhead, tinkerer, putterer, wife pesterer.
Country flag
I ordered my GT on 10/26 and after watching a couple of newer Youtube videos that confirm the discussion here, I went up to the Ford dealer earlier tonight and changed my order to the GT PE. I'm sure Ford Performance and the aftermarket will supply better suspension options for "standard" GT and Premium owners eventually, but if I'm spending this kind of coin on a new car, why not get it factory.

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I went with the GTPE mostly due to really wanting the magna-ride. I didn't care about the negligible(to me) difference in performance and range. I like the look of the GT seats better so that was a plus, but HATED the GT flower rims. We'll see how comfortable the GTPE seats are when I get delivery soon. I viewed the GTPE's summer tires as a negative as I have to get winter tires, so add another $1500 or so.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I viewed the GTPE's summer tires as a negative as I have to get winter tires, so add another $1500 or so.
As a suggestion, if you mean to say you would have been happy with the GT's all-seasons, you could just buy a set of the GT's all-seasons and sell your GTPE's summer tires - I think the tires between the two are the same size?

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Why does the GTPE have more torque than the GT? Is it software? Cherry picked motor?

Just curious.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Why does the GTPE have more torque than the GT? Is it software? Cherry picked motor?

Just curious.
The explanation is that the front motor receives the full power that the rear receives on the GTPE (Each capable of 317 ft lbs) whereas the GT it receives 34 ft lbs less (front motor limited). I suspect they just intentionally held back the GT a bit to further differentiate the two models. As far as we know there's no other differences mechanically with respect to the motors.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
The explanation is that the front motor receives the full power that the rear receives on the GTPE (Each capable of 317 ft lbs) whereas the GT it receives 34 ft lbs less (front motor limited). I suspect they just intentionally held back the GT a bit to further differentiate the two models. As far as we know there's no other differences mechanically with respect to the motors.
I think they held it back because the all-season tires on the GT couldn't handle any more torque...the summer tires on the GTPE could.
Sponsored

Last edited: