RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
So funny enough, I still haven't managed to get a lightning key to finish this. Tried to use my points but the dealer parts guy wasn't terribly helpful in trying to make sure it was the correct one.
Ah damn. I visited the link in the OP every few days until one showed up and I ordered right then and there.
Sponsored

SFC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Here's one that's $50 less than the "customized for Mach-E" version above, and lacks a (useless) key blank, but should still work (I hope--I just ordered one):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165900341420
It does work - I ordered from that seller and programmed it today. Just don't be like me and skim the docs :D

On my third try I read carefully and noticed you need BOTH of your original fobs to program the third fob.

Per the directions linked on the first page:
Fob 1 key-on/key-off
Fob 2 key-on/key-off
new fob key-on

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
It does work - I ordered from that seller and programmed it today. Just don't be like me and skim the docs :D

On my third try I read carefully and noticed you need BOTH of your original fobs to program the third fob.

Per the directions linked on the first page:
Fob 1 key-on/key-off
Fob 2 key-on/key-off
new fob key-on
Glad to hear it! I'm awaiting mine, along with a cheapo key blank also from eBay to fill out the empty space at the top. Thanks! {Jonathan}

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
Finally! A remote specifically for the Mach E power frunk option... you can thank me later.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/354543983990
Bought this one. Quality is fine and I did not have to search for different parts. Got it in about 4 days.

!!! UPDATE !!!

For starters, check the website linked in the first comment regularly, they restock that page whenever new keys come in. I checked one random morning about a week ago and it said there was ONE in stock. It was purchased that same morning before 7:48am EST.

Now on to the back of the key. You can pop the logo off by removing the blank and then just pulling with your finger. As others have mentioned, it really feels like you're about to crack it before it gives out. Just pull that sucker off from the very end, no tools needed.

And for the best part - I have discovered the 100% surefire method to programming this new key, and the procedure from Ford is WRONG. I will outline it here in very simple steps:

Prepare for the process by having all 3 keys on standby, I will number the keys with their description then refer to them later in the steps.

1. Original key fob programmed by Ford
2. Second key fob programmed by Ford
3. New (or used) key fob that is not yet programmed to work with your car

And now onto the 3 simple, fail-proof steps:

1. Sit in driver's seat with all doors closed and car off, key 1 in the center console slot, buttons facing rear of car (orientation up or down doesn't matter, but have buttons face rear), press the car's start button, no brake pedal, count to 5 (one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand), press start button again.

2. Very quickly, remove key 1 and replace with key 2, no counting, just swap those out quickly, and press start again, no brake pedal, and count to 5, press start button again. Just before you get to 5, you should've seen your door pass code displayed on the screen.

3. Very quickly, remove key 2 and replace with key 3, no counting, just swap those out quickly, and press start again. There will be all kinds of funky lights and turn signals galore and the screen will tell you that the key was programmed successfully. Done.
This worked first time. Was done in less than 2 minutes.

I use the fob all the time, so this was a nice handy add on to have as I use the frunk for sports equipment and the kids stuff. So thank you both.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
This worked first time. Was done in less than 2 minutes.

I use the fob all the time, so this was a nice handy add on to have as I use the frunk for sports equipment and the kids stuff. So thank you both.
Glad it helped! This was very frustrating to figure out based on the OEM instructions. It really was the timing between steps that throws a wrench in this for anyone who runs into trouble.

Also, i use this frunk button on the fob daily. I put my gym bag in there and if I have restaurant take-out or leftovers to go, I take the gym bag out and replace it with the bags of food. Love this thing, and the fob is 100x better than opening the door with stuff in your hands, pulling that lever twice, etc.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thank you! I've been searching high and low for this...
I guess you didn't notice the link 5 posts earlier. :)

If you go back a bit further, there's also a link to one that's already modified to match the MME. Not sure it's worth $50 more, but it's nice to have options.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
I guess you didn't notice the link 5 posts earlier. :)
Yes, yes I did not notice that. But I did see the other one when searching on eBay... not sure the button swap is worth $50 to me either!

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
Yes, yes I did not notice that. But I did see the other one when searching on eBay... not sure the button swap is worth $50 to me either!
For me it is the buttons as well, as the $50 cheaper has the pickup truck for the trunk button, and I wanted to keep my other two fobs intact. Also, my pony on the back and the bottom for a complete key. So it was all of the above.

All is good either way as people look for options to get this done.

Last edited:

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Got the $100 one but the instructions didn't work, even after repeated tries. I need to get a new battery for the eBay purchased remote and try again, I guess. {Jonathan}

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Got the $100 one but the instructions didn't work, even after repeated tries. I need to get a new battery for the eBay purchased remote and try again, I guess. {Jonathan}
Try it again with your two working fobs in quick succession. You don't need a battery in the new fob at all for it to pair successfully.
Sponsored