generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Will this process work if I only have 1 fob (job 1 2021)? I have all the software updates that enable the frunk.
No. You need 2 fobs to program a 3rd. Make an appointment with your dealer to get your free 2nd fob and they'll program it. Then you can add a frunk fob yourself.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
FYI: just got an email that the fob is back in stock at the website in the original post here.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
So I bought the converted one on eBay with the right Frunk and trunk key and the Mustang on back. Worked perfectly only critique I would have is the Mustang on the back is the regular one not the MachE version. Other than that flawless. Easy to program and for me worth the premium for the customization.
You could just pop the back off and replace it with your original fob pony. That is what I did, figuring this is my main fob now and the other is a back up, so the silver pony goes on the back up.
Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY: Key Fob with Frunk Button ! PXL_20230214_191607906.MP

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY: Key Fob with Frunk Button ! PXL_20230214_191613787.MP

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
You could just pop the back off and replace it with your original fob pony. That is what I did, figuring this is my main fob now and the other is a back up, so the silver pony goes on the back up.
I'm going to do that now. I always like having three keys, especially in Fords where you need two to program a new one. The old ones is now my spare so swapping backs is perfect.

I do like having 3 car keys. One for me, one for wife, 9ne spare. I've actually got four keys for my other Ford as it was BOGO, and ended up with five keys for an old car, after I lost two, bought two replacements and then promptly found the other two after the new keys were programmed and cut. Nobody needs five keys.

By the way I got notification yesterday that there are some F-150 lightning keys available on eBay for $76. There were three there when I checked, was contemplating a fourth but figure I'll wait until one is lost.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have four now: Smartphone, two supplied with the car, Lightning key. Well, that’s unless the dog has his own key. 🤪🐩

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
By the way I got notification yesterday that there are some F-150 lightning keys available on eBay for $76. There were three there when I checked, was contemplating a fourth but figure I'll wait until one is lost.
Can you share the eBay link, or DM it to me? I just searched and couldn't find anything less than 1/2 key for $100.

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Out of stock again! I missed my opportunity. Oh well, getting a Mongoose and a battery power supply to do my own updates is higher on my list of priorities anyway.

Paper Mach-E

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Managed to snag one of the Lightning fobs before they sold out again ($73), plus an explorer shell ($13, to swap that one button).

Big thanks for the guides here - the 'rapid fire' method of programming worked on the first try!
If you've got 90 bucks and 90 seconds, this "mod" is frunkin easy!

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I received my Lightning fob this week! Now I'm waiting on the dealer to get in my free 2nd fob so that I can program it. They verbally told me they would update the modules to enable the frunk on my Job 1, but we'll see what they say when I'm actually there...

Dad Bod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GTPE, 2016 Lexus CT200h
Country flag
Has anyone had any issues with the frunk keyfob button not responding? I've had a few SW updates since, and now it's intermittent on if it will respond or not.
After successfully programming the Lightning fob for my MME (working Frunk fob button), same issue happened to me the very next day. All keys worked on the fob except for the frunk. I also noticed that the frunk button did not work on Ford Pass for whatever reason. I had to reboot Sync, and frunk fob and Fordpass frunk button came back to life. Coincidence? Maybe.

Dad Bod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
looking for some help here as I am confused on the programming part of it.

Can anyone confirm this works on a 22 model?

is there a video that shows the instructions or a picture that shows where we need to place the fobs to program and turn on the vehicle?
Confirmed.

Dad Bod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag