devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD, '22 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD
Occupation
Law Enforcement Software Engineer
Country flag
Question: say there is 150kw stall and a 350kw stall and your in your Mach E and another person in a Ioniq 5, EV6, Gv60, Porsche Taycan, etc pull in at the same time. Both are coming off a long road trip at ~20-30%. Which stall are you pulling into -the 150kw or 350kw? I don’t ask this question with everyone here knowing what we know in mind. Just regular Joe Driver.
Sponsored

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
150kw. I understand from this forum that the MME doesn't benefit from the 350kw like the Ioniq, etc. would.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Most people probably won’t know our Mach E cannot take advantage of the 350kw stalls the way the other cars you listed can. Most people think “higher number = faster charging”. Early days for EVs, people will learn. It’s an easy concept.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
That’s a lot of cars! Guess it depends how many stalls are available when we jockey for position.

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That’s a lot of cars! Guess it depends how many stalls are available when we jockey for position.
There’s only you in an MME and the other person in one of those other cars (take your pick on the model) The trick to that question is those other cars are 800v platforms and charge well over 200kw. The MME will max out a 150kw stall (depending on the trim).

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Well I think it’s Rock Paper Scissors, or arm wrestle to settle that dispute then’

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Always take the 150 kwh charger unless it is out of service. The Mach-E cannot charge above 156 kwh anyway and purposely using a 350 kwh charger knowing that just makes you an ass.

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I just want to put out there that I traded in my MME for an EV6 last month and every time I’ve tried to hit up a 350 stall, It seems that an MME owner (I mean I’ve had an ID4 try it and they were cool once I explained it to them) is on it and trying to DCFC. Typically all the 150’s will all be open. I’m very polite, talk to them about our cars, small talk etc. it seems like when the subject of charging comes up they are completely oblivious to the fact of how their car charges. The responses are typically pretty rude like “we’ll I’ve been doing it on these 350’s my entire trip and it works just fine.” or “I haven’t had any issues” Drives me absolutely bonkers. Even my friend who’s thinking about getting an EV is like “that’s messed up”. My EV6 is grounded to 150kw stalls since “bigger number better”.

Last edited:
OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well I think it’s Rock Paper Scissors, or arm wrestle to settle that dispute then’
Nah the answer is simple etiquette, you take the 150kw.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
My MME never charged greater then 98 kWh. I never thought about using the 350 kWh when a 150 kWh is open. Since you brought it to my attention I’ll be more considerate.

It’s like not parking in the handicap spot when other close spots are available.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Remember there are people that think premium gasoline is better for their ice engine than the low-grade stuff just because it costs more and has a bigger number. Same mentality.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Electrify Canada charges more for the 350 chargers, makes it an easy answer.

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Question: say there is 150kw stall and a 350kw stall and your in your Mach E and another person in a Ioniq 5, EV6, Gv60, Porsche Taycan, etc pull in at the same time. Both are coming off a long road trip at ~20-30%. Which stall are you pulling into -the 150kw or 350kw? I don’t ask this question with everyone here knowing what we know in mind. Just regular Joe Driver.
Well the 150kw would be first choice for 2 reasons 1. Mach e only take 150kw max and 2. The cost per kw is cheaper on 150 kw than the 350kw

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Lately I've not been given the opportunity, I end up using whichever if functioning properly but I haven't seen a maxed out station anyway. My last trip down to Ventura a week ago I tried 4 different chargers, none of the 150s would communicate properly with the network so I ended up using the 350, only one other car was using one of the 6 stalls and it was a Leaf. But yea, use the 150 if it works...

GibUtes

First Name
Gib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“The Scout Trooper” 2022 Premium Space White
Country flag
There’s a problem with posing this question here, as invested forum readers are much more likely to know the MME limits and would be in the 150 stall. The average person might not know the difference between the cars, but most users on here would.
Sponsored