Door Entry button crack

Are you seeing a hairline crack above your door entry button?

• Total voters

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
My car is garaged and went to wash it and noticed water seeping out of a crack above the door lock on the key pad side. Did Ford replace this?
Yes - no questions asked. They replaced both back panels. Now my driver door one is doing the same thing. It goes in for its 20K work and glass recall later this week, so I'm going to have them replace the driver's door panel as well.
Sponsored

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I have the cracks on all 4 pillars. The dealer looked at it yesterday and ordered new parts for me.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
I'm late to the party on this one, It's been like this for a long time. I'm afraid of getting it replaced because it's been over a month since I've been able to drive my car because of waiting on a HVBJB replacement. .

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm late to the party on this one, It's been like this for a long time. I'm afraid of getting it replaced because it's been over a month since I've been able to drive my car because of waiting on a HVBJB replacement. .
I just asked them to take a look at it while it was there. They agreed, and ordered the parts. I have my vehicle. When the parts come in, I'll bring it in.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
I PPF mine 1 1/2 Years ago, still look like new!!

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I PPF mine 1 1/2 Years ago, still look like new!!
Mine did have slight bumps when I took delivery of the car. I had heard of people having the cracks, so I've kept an eye on it and figured they'd eventually break where they were bumping out slightly.

swemme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
I like to bump this thread...

I have cracks on all 4 doors but I also have "cracks" inside all the panels, even the one that do not have the a button to open the car, but only on one side. The outside of the panels are flat and I'm not able to feel the cracks though the panel.

The only thing I can think of is that the side that has the inside cracks is the side facing the sun when I have the car parked at the front of my house. Anyone else seen this?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Door Entry button crack IMG_8159
(The vertical white lines are cracks inside the panel.)

Just a side note. I was looking at used cars at the biggest Ford dealer in the area and found that 1 out of 3 had cracks on one or more doors. Even a brand new one that just waited for their new owner had a crack. I was hooping that new cars would be delivered without it.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I like to bump this thread...

I have cracks on all 4 doors but I also have "cracks" inside all the panels, even the one that do not have the a button to open the car, but only on one side. The outside of the panels are flat and I'm not able to feel the cracks though the panel.

The only thing I can think of is that the side that has the inside cracks is the side facing the sun when I have the car parked at the front of my house. Anyone else seen this?

(The vertical white lines are cracks inside the panel.)

Just a side note. I was looking at used cars at the biggest Ford dealer in the area and found that 1 out of 3 had cracks on one or more doors. Even a brand new one that just waited for their new owner had a crack. I was hooping that new cars would be delivered without it.
We don't have them on our Premium delivered 11/5/22 but it's always garaged when not being driven.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
They'll replace them because of the crack at the door button. I'll have my pass. side done when it hits the dealer next. They replaced the drivers door one already.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I thought I saw others reporting this over time but anyone else seeing a hair line crack forming at the top of the door entry button?

I had to get out my readers... but yes, I have similar crack on all four doors running from 'lock' imprint to button hole. So, this *might not* be a crack, it might be a mold seam from the raised lock to the button hole. I could not feel a crack, and pushing either side did not displace the surface..... so, I'll just say 'it could be a crack'.

if it's a crack from design flaw or assembly stress, it could be on ALL MME.... if it is a mold flaw it may only show in a certain run of parts. My car was on the early end .... I'm wondering if there is a correlation to others considering there is a 50/50 split in those that responded?

any recent deliveries seeing the flaw still ?