Down for the count :(

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
So sorry to hear about this. With so many posts about the 12V I just ordered a Gooloo jumper and it’ll be going next to my tire inflator. Also will meticulously monitor the 12V and be using a battery tender initially and as needed.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Thunderbirdsoundsbetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME P ER
Country flag
So sorry to hear about this. With so many posts about the 12V I just ordered a Gooloo jumper and it’ll be going next to my tire inflator. Also will meticulously monitor the 12V and be using a battery tender initially and as needed.
It sucks that we have to actually be scared and prepared for the apocalypse lol. It’s a new car and this is serious problem. Hope they figure it out quicker than my replacement arriving.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Probably dead then, and I'm about to turn in. I hate to ask this, but do you still see that accessory box when you start it, because nothing will work in accessory mode (often a blinking led in the start button too).

You probably tried this, but just in case. Turn MME completely off, get out and close the door, leave it alone for 10+ minutes. If the headlights do not turn off after the delay, rotate the headlamp switch to off, then back to auto. Then on return, be sure to do the regular start, pressing the brake pedal while pressing the on button.

If you do that, does it still come back on in accessory mode?

So could be dead 12V, or there have been a few module / motor failures (very unusual).

Last edited:

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Again? I figured your troubles were over. Sorry to hear. Is your car completely unresponsive? Did you try turning the headlights on manually? In my car, that appears to force the DC/DC converter to max charge but only when in Ready Mode. Doesn't seem to do much in accessory mode umfortunately.....

:(
Tried the headlight thing and didn't work. I can't get it out of accessory mode(blinking green light on start/stop button). When I try to start it, even my seat won't move to go to where I have it set for my profile. Just got a call that ford roadside is still trying to find a tow to get my car from my workplace. Thank goodness ford is paying for a rental car because my dealership didn't have any loaners for me and a coworker was able to drive me 35 minutes to get it.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don’t assume your need a tow. Maybe just a battery jump?
What will a jump do get him to the next parking lot?

I remember one or two others like this where they called for a tow, but 10 minutes later, everything was okay.
Until the next time. Every time it happens to me it is hours out of your schedule even if you have a 10 mm deep socket and access ports in the cover. Mister fix it with a brand new car of this cost is not what I was thinking when I bought this EV. He should phone the tow truck and let his service know so Ford can get a grip that they are stranding us with their first EV.

Wondering at 30% soc on a tiny little 12V what the freeze point is. When does the resistance reach the point that contacts will not close. To me 30% soc is a bit ridiculous a 10 F. Number one rule when it is cold is keep the 12V fully charged not at 30%.

bswilson989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange GT
Country flag
My pet theory is that a major cause of the 12v battery issues is the "wake" bluetooth functionality when you get near the car with your phone.

If you're constantly walking past the car on the other side of the wall in the garage and the lights are turning on and the car is temporarily waking up, is that burning juice each time?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My pet theory is that a major cause of the 12v battery issues is the "wake" bluetooth functionality when you get near the car with your phone.

If you're constantly walking past the car on the other side of the wall in the garage and the lights are turning on and the car is temporarily waking up, is that burning juice each time?
Mine only really does the light thing for the first 15 minutes I’m nearby then it goes to sleep, so I think they are compensating for that

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I've been monitoring my voltage on my 12v after doing a full charge immediately after delivery (using noco charger) and it seems to be working well. It's dipped as low as 12.2 at the lowest but then next I look at it I see 12.6 so it must have charged in between.

Here in 6 months or so I'll do another full independent charge.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Sometimes when I walk by the car with no phone or fob I hear relay chatter going on under the hood. What’s up with that?
That's the computers having coffee talk. Someday we'll understand and appreciate what they're saying. ?

Honestly, it's relays and contactors opening and closing. Mach-E likes to do that for whatever reasons.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My lights are always coming on even from 100 feet away. (annoying as hell) Not sure which battery is affected for that.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I did not get that issue yet, but something tells me it is on my way (9K miles, cold weather 0F out):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Down for the count :( 1642002480545

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I was told I was playing with fordpass too often when it drained last February ?. Ya plugged into 240 V and 85% of a 100 KWh battery you should not walk by it too often. ;)

Here is what I get on the 3 times it has drained the 12V. I caught it on the 11th unfortunately not on the 8th. On the 11th I went out at 7 am it was - 30 F and started it and let it "run" to charge. At 9 am -15 F on the 8th it it was too late and a 12V charger was required. Getting a bit old at this stage.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Down for the count :( Screenshot-2022-01-11-at-4.53

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

After your phone is connected to the car for a while (30ish minutes max) it will no longer trigger the welcome lights. Additionally, I and many others have dashcams that run 24/7 off of the LVB. I monitor my voltage with a Vico power plus and I haven't once dropped below 12.3v ever.

Pretty sure the problem is not the car and Bluetooth.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Hmmm. Tip for future Lightning owners - keep a 120V to 12V charger in the frunk to recharge the 12V battery as needed (120V outlets run off the HVB). Maybe just keep it plugged in!
Sponsored