Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Without e-heat would I be correct in assuming the only heat would be that which is produced by the battery system or are the two completely different coolant loops and not shared?
The HVB and cabin heater share the same fluid. In theory the battery heat could be used to warm the cabin but I don't think it is very effective. Winters are mild where I live so I don't see any signs of that happening on my car.......except when I was coming down a mountain yesterday and I noticed the air coming through the vents was getting warm. I switched to Whisper to reduce the regen and the air temp matched ambient again. So, I think the battery might have been getting a little warm and somehow sharing some of that heat with the cabin.

I doubt there would be much heat while driving on normal road conditions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The motor, inverter and electronic units generate heat. But not sure if that would have or has any noticeable impact on cabin heating.
The motor and electronics are on a different coolant circuit. The workshop manual says in at least two places that heat from those items can be shared with the cabin/HVB circuit but I don't think it is correct because I could not locate a valve or separate heat exchanger that would accomplish that task. ???

Last edited:

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I've had this car six months I didn't notice the E-heat button til I read this, I've just always used the auto mode.
5 months for us and I donā€™t think the heat has come on yet? Turned off the AC for a while but didnā€™t notice any difference in range.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
To be fair, searching a pdf in order to locate a topic doesnā€™t require one to read the entire manual.
Been thru the manual more than I'd care to admit, 400 pages with a lot of useless stuff and amazingly no information about jacking points of the car or even how to properly tow or tie down the car, which someone was kind enough to post a pic of from the service manual.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The motor and electronics are on a different coolant circuit. The workshop manual says in at least two places that heat from those items can be charged with the cabin/HVB circuit but I don't think it is correct because I could not locate a valve or separate heat exchanger that would accomplish that task. ???
Been thru the manual more than I'd care to admit, 400 pages with a lot of useless stuff and amazingly no information about jacking points of the car or even how to properly tow or tie down the car, which someone was kind enough to post a pic of from the service manual.
Sometimes itā€™s hard to trust the manuals they put out, the ownerā€™s manual has multiple references to an ā€˜engineā€™, if such an obvious mistake made its way in, it makes you think what else is in there thatā€™s incorrect that might not be as obvious of a mistake at first glance.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Sometimes itā€™s hard to trust the manuals they put out, the ownerā€™s manual has multiple references to an ā€˜engineā€™, if such an obvious mistake made its way in, it makes you think what else is in there thatā€™s incorrect that might not be as obvious of a mistake at first glance.
Not a mistake. Just normal English usage.

enĀ·gine
/Ėˆenjən/

noun

1. 1.
    a machine with moving parts that converts power into motion.

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Select with BlueCruise Job 1 21P22 SW Update
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
From the manual it says if you want to cool your cabin, set to Auto. If you want to heat your cabin , set to Auto. Both EHeat and AC comes on to do what it needs to do and hasnt failed me yet.
Ford recommends that you use the seat heaters and the steering wheel heater, which both geneate heat. Turning on the E-heat has an almost immediate effect on the reported range of my vehicle If it is off, the range gradually increases.

jonnyboy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Assume my HVAC is set to ā€œauto,ā€ E-Heat is on, and the ambient temperature is higher than my chosen auto temp setting, resulting in the HVAC only cooling. Does the fact alone that E-Heat is selected have an impact on range?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I have taken to turning e-heat off a few minutes (90+ seconds maybe) before turning the auto/climate off to allow what heat is left in the system to continue warming the cabin, ymmv.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Assume my HVAC is set to ā€œauto,ā€ E-Heat is on, and the ambient temperature is higher than my chosen auto temp setting, resulting in the HVAC only cooling. Does the fact alone that E-Heat is selected have an impact on range?
It is resistive heat. If it's putting out heat, it uses electricity. If it isn't needed, then no, it's not using electricity.
Sponsored