Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I am going to try this: Instead of the *vehicle* having the charge schedule I will set it to "charge whenever plugged in" but make the Chargepoint dictate when it charges on the schedule. Perhaps that will stop the EVSE from pinging for charging data while it's plugged in since it has more inherent information about the session.
If you use ā€œcharge whenever plugged inā€ it will ignore your other settings and charge to 100% SOC.
Sponsored

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
If you use ā€œcharge whenever plugged inā€ it will ignore your other settings and charge to 100% SOC.
It still allows me to set a charge limit.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain Message IMG_3363

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Rather than starting a new thread, Iā€™ll piggyback off of this one. To start, I have a MY21J1 Premium AWD ER. I do not have ANY aftermarket accessories (and specifically, NO Electrical accessories like dash cams, illuminated ponies, koi pond aerators, etc.) Got in the car this morning to be greeted by a dialog on the IP that said ā€œElectrical system drain. Service required.ā€ According to Ford.com, my battery (presumably still 12V) is at 61%.
Went into FordPass and saw the two messages below. So, the big question: am I ok to drive around this weekend until I can schedule service?.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain Message IMG_1276
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain Message IMG_1277

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain Message IMG_1278

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I just received this meessage and have no 3rd party devices or apps running other than Ford pass. no idea what could be causing this and wondering if it's safe to drive to the dealer.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I just received this meessage and have no 3rd party devices or apps running other than Ford pass. no idea what could be causing this and wondering if it's safe to drive to the dealer.
Anything plugged into the OBD port?

kwlinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just got the same messages here on my phone 9:09pm EDT. Nothing plugged into the OBD port, nothing in any of the USB ports. First time I've ever seen the message since I got the car in July 2022.

I hadn't plugged it in for the night yet, but was plugged in last night and it was driven 50 miles today. When I logged into my dashboard on the Ford site, battery was at 65% SOC. Went to the garage and plugged the car in, and looks like the 12v battery is charging, up to 76% after just about 20 minutes.

Only difference between yesterday and today was that I did have the 24-PU0301-BLM-PE update (Entry Made Easy) installed last night... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Went into FordPass and saw the two messages below. So, the big question: am I ok to drive around this weekend until I can schedule service?.
Probably. I got the same messages, repeatedly, a few weeks ago. Then they stopped. I took the car in for the indicated service, but the dealer said they see nothing wrong so they did nothing. They said to bring it in if I get the drain messages again. Not very comforting.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I got this error again this morning šŸ˜¢ I guess Iā€™m going to be talking to the dealer tomorrow.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
mine cleared after charging to 100 percent overnight. not sure what's with this message. charge level now says 63 percent. maybe if yge charge level goes took it throws the message, but that isn't a reason to alert the customer to go to the dealer. I wish we had better user information. it's all over the place....

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I got this error again this morning šŸ˜¢ I guess Iā€™m going to be talking to the dealer tomorrow.
Check that:
  • No dashcams or radar detectors are wired into the electrical system
  • No devices are plugged into the OBD port under the dash
  • No hidden dealer-installed tracking devices are installed
  • Welcome lighting is disabled
  • You have not ever given your FordPass password to a 3rd party app
    • Change your FordPass password to be safe
  • No rodent damage to wire harnesses has occurred
  • No faulty EVSE that causes charge faults

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hey, thanks for the reply! Actually, I think it may have been somehow associated with the headlamp switch. On Sunday morning, I noticed that none of the LEDs on the switch were light (I always keep the switch in Auto). I rotated the switch, and an LED lit, so I went through all positions, confirming the associated LED lit up, then went back to the Auto setting (and the LED is lit). No errors or issues this morning.
See answers below:

Check that:
  • No dashcams or radar detectors are wired into the electrical system
  • No
  • No devices are plugged into the OBD port under the dash
  • No. I only put the OBD reader in when Iā€™m using it. Otherwise it stays in its case in the console.
  • No hidden dealer-installed tracking devices are installed
  • Not that Iā€™m aware of
  • Welcome lighting is disabled
  • Welcome lighting is ENABLED.
  • You have not ever given your FordPass password to a 3rd party app
  • No, itā€™s stored in my Keychain and thatā€™s it.
    • Change your FordPass password to be safe
  • No rodent damage to wire harnesses has occurred
  • None visible
  • No faulty EVSE that causes charge faults
  • I use a FCCS. No indications of error on the device or in FordPass.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I just got the same messages here on my phone 9:09pm EDT. Nothing plugged into the OBD port, nothing in any of the USB ports. First time I've ever seen the message since I got the car in July 2022.

I hadn't plugged it in for the night yet, but was plugged in last night and it was driven 50 miles today. When I logged into my dashboard on the Ford site, battery was at 65% SOC. Went to the garage and plugged the car in, and looks like the 12v battery is charging, up to 76% after just about 20 minutes.

Only difference between yesterday and today was that I did have the 24-PU0301-BLM-PE update (Entry Made Easy) installed last night... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Same boat, wondering if where I keep my key inside the house is now triggering welcome lights. I moved mine further from the car. Just a thought

Vgkfan

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mme premium ER AWD 2016 Kia, 2003 Honda
Country flag
I checked my Lvb last night since I was scheduled for this update early this morning. It was 82%. Havenā€™t been in car yet, but I know I got 24-pu0301-blm-pe installed. Just checked my Lvb,and itā€™s 65%.
Sponsored