Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013Tesla Model S, 2017 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Every Tesla has come shipped with a ccs to NACS adapter for years now. Nothing has stopped them up to this point aside from the superiority of Tesla superchargers.
Tesla NACS-to-CCS adapters that come with the car are for Level 2 charging only.
Sponsored

Jtbuster

First Name
Brian oConnor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Every Tesla has come shipped with a ccs to NACS adapter for years now. Nothing has stopped them up to this point aside from the superiority of Tesla superchargers.
Only for L2 chargers.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Only for L2 chargers.
I agree also. Only for L2 chargers.
Because most of the hotels around the country who offer L2 charging, have installed Tesla destination chargers.
Since Tesla was the first EV maker in large numbers, hotels installed Tesla chargers.
Now, I carry an adaptor to plug into those chargers when I travel. To my surprise also, those Tesla destination chargers are very reliable and the hotels keep them running.
No need to loose a Tesla customer.

EVCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium RWD Std, Cyber Orange
Occupation
(No longer "MachNCheese"! Long live "EVCheese".)
Country flag
No surprise, even though it probably hurts those of us with CCS cars some. It'll draw in more Tesla drivers.

But better for EA's long-term viability. They need to generate a lot more revenue. Especially when the Dieselgate money runs out in a few years.
I was just thinking back to when I had a diesel car and there were definitely cases where I was low on fuel and just didn't know where I could find diesel gas. Having lots of charging options is a win for EVs imo.
Sponsored