Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Paid 4k markup over the 59k MSRP (and got a super great deal on Mach-E trade-in).
Good deal given this market and what you got for your MME.
Sponsored

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I quite liked the EV6 interior and has no issues with the nav/AC touch buttons. If my GTPE gets delayed I’m buying an EV6 immediately:)
You are right, I had a Job 1 MME.
Regarding climate control buttons, I hated the recirculation button hidden under a laggy menu. I always quickle turn on the recirculation when a smelly vehicle is in front of me.
Wait for GT EV6, its going to do 3.5s 0-60 if performance is what you are looking for.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag

wombats3

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Mach E Premium EX AWD (Dark Matter Gray)
Country flag
Just got back from driving an EV6 GT-Line RWD. Overall a very nice car. Interior was nice and comfortable. It drove well and I don't really have anything super negative to say about it. In the end, though, these are my takeaways and why I still think the Mach E is a better fit for me personally:

1. I really liked the lines of the car in person. The front and side profile look really sharp. However, I still cannot get past the back. It does not look better in person to me. If that back-end had been designed differently, I might be more strongly considering the car.

2. While it drove very well, I never felt excited like I did in the Mach E. This could very well be because I drove the RWD model compared to the AWD EX of the Mach E, but it was more than just the acceleration. It didn't feel as tight to me around corners. I think the Mach E is tuned more towards a sports car feel while the EV6 is a bit softer.

Anyway, seemed like a great car but I'm happy to keep waiting for my Mach E!

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
Anyway, seemed like a great car but I'm happy to keep waiting for my Mach E!
How long have you been waiting, out of curiosity? Wonder if the amount of time waiting impacts how other options look ;)

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I do not like the weird look of the EV6. Also it and its brother Ionic5 have smaller cargo area than the MME with no frunk.

I liked the comment from James on ThrottleHouse. The EV6 is very nice but it will never be a GolfR....

Ulrick28

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD-E Premium Mach-E, 2022 Kia EV Niro
Occupation
Support Engineering Manager
Country flag
Here is my 3-day switcher comparison. Please note I live in Seattle climate.
@Ford Motor Company , it can be useful for you.

Mach-E advantages:
  • Quicker.
  • Much better lane keeping assistant (and promised BlueCruise).
  • Much better sound system in Premuim trim.
  • Sound insulation is better.
  • Better headlights (projector LED vs reflector LED in EV6).
  • A bit cheaper.
  • More headroom.
  • Better rear vision through the glass.
  • Keypad entry.
  • It does come with a charger :)
EV6 advantages:
  • 800v battery and faster charging rate.
  • More efficient in terms of energy consumption.
  • Heat pump.
  • Traditional sunroof instead of fixed glass roof.
  • Towing ability.
  • Crossbar installation support.
  • V2L capability (120v output from main battery).
  • Better interior design:
    • Much better seats (I'm a big guy).
    • Feels like a glove.
    • Sharp edges of the infotainment screen and phone tray do not stick into my knee!
  • Much better infotainment:
    • Excellent screen layout (you don't just stick iPad on the front panel!).
    • Snappy interface, no lags.
    • Better steering wheel controls.
    • Buttons!
  • Better and more reliable app.
  • No quality problems yet.
    • Everything just works.
    • All features I need are not just promised, they already implemented (full screen CarPlay).
    • No freaking instrument cluster buzz.
  • Better dealership experience. Sorry Ford, your dealers are really pulling you back.
  • Deeper cargo area.
  • No "muscle car" appearance. This is IMHO, I'm not a muscle car guy.
  • More pleasant backup beeper, less aggressive propulsion sound.
I know frunk is a big deal for Ford. On EV6 there is just a really small box. But actually, frunk on Mach-E frunk is almost useless given the problems it have closing the hood (not fixed by dealership!!!).

I switched mainly because of quality problems in Mach-E and dealership experience. EV6 fits me better I think, through it's not without its own disadvantages.
EV6 feels like a finished product, Mach-E is like a prototype.
I just traded in my carbonized gray premium AWD extended range Mach-e for an EV6 Limited Edition AWD matt gray EV6. I was not expecting to get a limited edition and was pleasantly surprised when I found out the gt-line the dealer was offering was actually a limited edition. I traded it in because:

• Ford dealership didn't know how to deal with an EV. The service department in particular was a bit rude and even told me 'we have no idea how the repair is going to go because you are the first Mach-e we have dealt with'
  • After I had my window and panoramic glass adhesive fixed due to the recall, I have had weird issues.
    • for a while I could only get one mirror to exit out of locked mode
    • My car would report constant charging errors
    • At one point I had the car lose all power while going downhill. Fortunately I could coast to get off the main road, but it was several minutes before I got power back. I was on the phone with Ford Service during this.
    • The Premium Mach-e is bouncy, particularly on some of the lesser maintained highways in the northwest.
    • Primarily though, it was all the weird glitches that would randomly appear and then disappear.
  • The EV6
    • Made me wow several times.
      • I love the blind spot displays.
      • I love the heads up display, super cool.
      • I like that the EV6 shows you regen (my Bolt spoiled me on that)
      • I like that I have easy control over level of regen
      • I like having the two large displays that are centered on the passenger. Less looking away from the road.
      • I like having a sunroof that I can open, close, and screen. Though the Mach-e pano roof is really cool as well.
      • I like the look of the EV6 over the Mach-e. As quoted above, it's more of a sleek futuristic look than a muscle look.
      • I like the menus much better on the EV6. By lightyears. In particular, setting up the Kia app was a much simpler experience than setting up the Ford app.
      • I received two keys!
      • I never used the frunk on the Mach-e, to much of a pain. To me, felt more marketing gimmick.
Overall, I liked my Mach-e, but didn't feel like I could rely on it. Once I am back in the office my commute is roughly 60 miles a day. I need a car that I can trust. I also really, really, really do not like Ford dealerships. Kia dealership was a much better experience across the board. They even walked me through the app, all of the car features, and helped me setup the car the way I wanted it. Really surprised I got a limited though....

Last edited:

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I do not like the weird look of the EV6. Also it and its brother Ionic5 have smaller cargo area than the MME with no frunk.

I liked the comment from James on ThrottleHouse. The EV6 is very nice but it will never be a GolfR....
Wait for EV4, or id.3 GT.

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
These Job 1 horror stories sound like the endless glitches I experienced with my ID.4. I can see why you folks traded it for an EV6 - which I loved in my test drives but was unwilling to pay $10K+ markup for. I'm also waiting for all of the early EV6 glitches to be fixed - like zombie mode and colgating/warmgating (can't use HVAC with charging or it slows down charging)

Separately, I experienced none of the issues above with my Job 2 build. No cluster buzz, no real lag, had two keys, had BlueCruise functional, no power losses (that happened to my ID.4!) etc. Maybe it's best to be a "late" adopter sometimes.

DrSteveBrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
I switched mainly because of quality problems in Mach-E and dealership experience. EV6 fits me better I think, through it's not without its own disadvantages.
EV6 feels like a finished product, Mach-E is like a prototype.
Kia is not well-regarded in terms of their dealer network. Obviously, this can vary by location, but it's disappointing we're in a place in 2022 that any dealer that can sell you a car is viewed positively.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How many charging stations are available to charge the EV6 in super fast mode. Here is MA I don't know of any DC charging stations that could do it. So its great that some of these cars have faster DC charging curves but I think it will be years before you can really take advantage of this feature.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
How many charging stations are available to charge the EV6 in super fast mode. Here is MA I don't know of any DC charging stations that could do it. So its great that some of these cars have faster DC charging curves but I think it will be years before you can really take advantage of this feature.
Almost every EA station have couple of 350 kW stalls here in WA.
However, most of them are derated to 50 kW.
EA have a widespread problem with temperature sensors in cables, if I’m correct.
Sponsored