Ford Explorer EV revealed (Europe only)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That is for the European model, not the US version. The US version, a 2025 model coming in Fall 2024, will be unlike today's Explorer. It will be produced in Canada.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I hope they have no battery issues. It'd be real hard to get past the Ford Exploder name if they do.

Globalization is amazing - American Ford buying German cars made in Canada for the European market.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope they have no battery issues. It'd be real hard to get past the Ford Exploder name if they do.

Globalization is amazing - American Ford buying German cars made in Canada for the European market.
Where did you get that it's made in Canada? It's European designed and produced, and is not the Explorer the US will get in 2025, which will be made in Canada.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Where did you get that it's made in Canada? It's European designed and produced, and is not the Explorer the US will get in 2025, which will be made in Canada.
Sorry, misread your post. They should have put it in the manual!

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Looking at the press photos it looks smaller than the ICE explorer by about a height of 6" or so, and at least a foot in length. I'm disappointed, I was really hoping for the full size SUV treatment so my 3 kids aren't complaining about sitting in the same row together.

It looks comparable to the mach-e in size and capacity so I'm not seeing a value here over the MME, unless it comes in at 35k USD ...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Explorer EV revealed (Europe only) ca1d215c591d2356acb0b071583798d1

Also, that light blue color makes this thing look too soft and pillowy, like it's for some lily-ass sissy boys secure in their masculinity or something crazy. Needs to go with a dark color to give it some weight and compensation.

I'm not surprised they ditched the knob on screen but I don't like the decision. I'll bet Ford has collected enough data from all of us to prove that we are using the volume rocker on the steering wheel much more than the knob, or *shudder* voice commands...

And lastly, it's a ballsy move on Ford's marketing team, rendering chargers in the middle of fucking nowhere when their dealers aren't rushing to put chargers in anytime soon. Bravo.

Back to the car. Looks meh. 5/10.

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
Looking at the press photos it looks smaller than the ICE explorer by about a height of 6" or so, and at least a foot in length. I'm disappointed, I was really hoping for the full size SUV treatment so my 3 kids aren't complaining about sitting in the same row together.

It looks comparable to the mach-e in size and capacity so I'm not seeing a value here over the MME, unless it comes in at 35k USD ...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Explorer EV revealed (Europe only) ca1d215c591d2356acb0b071583798d1

Also, that light blue color makes this thing look too soft and pillowy, like it's for some lily-ass sissy boys secure in their masculinity or something crazy. Needs to go with a dark color to give it some weight and compensation.

I'm not surprised they ditched the knob on screen but I don't like the decision. I'll bet Ford has collected enough data from all of us to prove that we are using the volume rocker on the steering wheel much more than the knob, or *shudder* voice commands...

And lastly, it's a ballsy move on Ford's marketing team, rendering chargers in the middle of fucking nowhere when their dealers aren't rushing to put chargers in anytime soon. Bravo.

Back to the car. Looks meh. 5/10.
This is a European VW-based platform that will not be available in the US. Large SUVs don’t sell in Europe. Expect the future US version to be more akin to the ICE Explorer.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Explorer EV revealed (Europe only) rif

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
The future Lincoln twin?

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why exactly is it a POS? Is that due to your opinion of the aesthetics or some spec list that I did not see?

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
This is the one that's MEB (Volkswagen) based? Not really interested, though I think it's better looking than the other MEB derivatives.

Doubt it comes to the states based on where it's built alone.
Sponsored