kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Also the fact that there is less to go wrong mechanically also helps bring down the quality claims. You don't have a complex emissions/engine/transmission system. Yes the electronics are complex but most of that has already been verified by the Tier1's so it simplifies assembly and complexity.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Does not tell us much but at least it appears to be hardware than software issue

Last edited by a moderator:

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
"But Hau Thai-Tang, Ford's vice president of product development and purchasing, told Automotive News that the issues are "very typical" of any new-vehicle launch and might not have been noticed but for the added transparency created by Ford's new online reservation system."
He has a funny definition of transparency. The Ford tracking site is mostly useless. And what is listed on it seems to arbitrarily change over time.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
He has a funny definition of transparency. The Ford tracking site is mostly useless. And what is listed on it seems to arbitrarily change over time.
He also seemed to claim that the Ford.com order site is why there's no increase in cancellations as a result of the delay, but there's no ability to cancel an order on the Ford.com site.

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
It's not much, but it's more information that we've gotten so far. Thanks for retrieving that from the other side of the paywall!

I assume this means that everyone's vehicles that were already in transit need to be regathered in some central location for a part replacement.

TundraEV

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Based on stating “tools installed with overseas support”... thinking it could potentially be related to automated assembly or automated QC. For example, misconfigured inspection settings could have let a tolerance of something escape if no further inspection point existed.

I trust Ford to get this right and of course if it was Tesla the fix would be a wooden block taped somewhere behind a body panel they hoped we would never see.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Based on stating “tools installed with overseas support”... thinking it could potentially be related to automated assembly or automated QC. For example, misconfigured inspection settings could have let a tolerance of something escape if no further inspection point existed.

I trust Ford to get this right and of course if it was Tesla the fix would be a wooden block taped somewhere behind a body panel they hoped we would never see.
I had similar thoughts, especially when he chalked it up to "industrialization" issues, which to me points to something they didn't catch when they were just starting to ramp up production.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No kidding, like seeing the moon on a cloudy night. At least they hear us, buyers want the Amazon experience. Not sure the Amazon experience is exactly what I want, but real time tracking can be easily done. However the normal Ford buying mode is off the lot and not ordered.

Times are changing, so I think they get it, just can’t take too long to get there.

My answer is complex but simple, however I am trained to be vague and leave you to make up what you want.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
No kidding, like seeing the moon on a cloudy night. At least they hear us, buyers want the Amazon experience. Not sure the Amazon experience is exactly what I want, but real time tracking can be easily done. However the normal Ford buying mode is off the lot and not ordered.

Times are changing, so I think they get it, just can’t take too long to get there.

My answer is complex but simple, however I am trained to be vague and leave you to make up what you want.
you know what bothers me is that they set the expectation. If they didn't provide that much information, I might not care that much. But it was the old ceo of ford I heard on Freakanomics talking about Ford becoming a tech company. It is ford that put together the pizza tracker for this vehicle. If you set those expectations, then be prepared to deal with the fallout when you fail miserably to meet them.

I still have no idea what stage my MME is in. I have been told by my dealer it was finished on 1/14 and awaiting shipment. Then the tracker here finally updates and tells me production date of 1/22. Then the shop ford vehicle tracker says it went to production on 1/22. But my Ford Pass App is now more active with an Activate button. The more I think I know, the less confident I am at what stage in the process I am ultimately.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

Wasn't this supposed to be addressed before the OKTB was given?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
you know what bothers me is that they set the expectation. If they didn't provide that much information, I might not care that much. But it was the old ceo of ford I heard on Freakanomics talking about Ford becoming a tech company. It is ford that put together the pizza tracker for this vehicle. If you set those expectations, then be prepared to deal with the fallout when you fail miserably to meet them.

I still have no idea what stage my MME is in. I have been told by my dealer it was finished on 1/14 and awaiting shipment. Then the tracker here finally updates and tells me production date of 1/22. Then the shop ford vehicle tracker says it went to production on 1/22. But my Ford Pass App is now more active with an Activate button. The more I think I know, the less confident I am at what stage in the process I am ultimately.
In our case the dealer has the most up to date visibility (information) and not the customer. We have some tools but they are not realtime and basically just give timeframes. Ask your dealer to print (scan) for you the "Vehicle Visibility" screen. I have posted it here many times, it has the latest info. Today I asked my dealer to print another one for me given the recent updates. It takes about half a day for them to send it to me. Quick enough for me, again bug them, you are the buyer.

Last edited:

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Wasn't this supposed to be addressed before the OKTB was given?
That's the problem, we don't know to which delay he is referring to, very vague. I am going to go with what we have heard here, software calibration. Not hardware or a part.

Last edited:

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

I think I speak a little Ford vagueness now. Your car started on the 14th and was finished on the 22nd. By 2/1 you should get an email saying it's complete and awaiting shipment. A few days later you'll get notice that it's shipped.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag

It actually sounds like they installed something but it wasnt done properly because they werent able to have the proper oversight while doing it i.e. a part that was supplied by an overseas tier 1 which normally would be supervised by the tier 1 engineer but due to travel restrictions they had to change their methods of working and to make sure it was done properly they sent sample cars to KC for a final inspection
Sponsored