Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

All the comments are to 3.25. It was pretty much fine until that update to FordPass. I also don’t generally have FordPass running though unless I’m using the car or will be shortly.
I have been checking charging to ensure it is working and before that to make sure the 12V did not die again. I do not really like the fact that is is so unresponsive when powered off. I wonder what the BMS is doing when it is in that deep of sleep.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I updated to v3.25 yesterday on Android. Today will be the first full day that I'll leave the app running in the background while I'm at work. On v3.24 the app would drain my phone battery at a rate of 2-3% per hour. I'll report back on the results tomorrow.

Outside of the battery drain issue, PaaK worked perfectly 95% of the time on v3.24. There was only 1 time I had to open the app to get it to unlock the car (and no key detected), and once or twice it was delayed unlocking the doors for about 5-10 seconds. In all of those cases it was while the car was parked in my garage.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does this fix the constant notice of your car was walk away locked?
Fix? I've never once received a notification like that. I heard the recent OTA update (Ford Power-Up 1.4.0) might allow that feature to work as expected. I haven't received it yet so I can't confirm it.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
FordPass is getting better for me, but I’m not sure how much of that relates to these updates, and how much of it relates to me doing a master reset of the Sync system (which was necessary to get my plug-in / charging banner functionality back).

I can even push changes to the charging schedule from the app to the car now! It’s still a little screwy - when I tap “save” it will either go to a “loading” indefinitely, or load for several minutes. But eventually, within about 15mins or so, the change does go through. Anybody have the same experience re delays?

Otherwise, FordPass is edging up into the “acceptable performance” category.

Oddly, PAAK seems to have gotten a bit worse lately? I seem to be getting more delays, and more “restart now or key is needed” messages.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does this fix the constant notice of your car was walk away locked?
Is that considered a bug? I never considered it terribly useful, but it always amused me how rock solid reliable that notice was when so many other things didn’t work. I wonder if that particular notice is being sent to the phone directly through Bluetooth because the phone is still in range while walking away, and that’s why it is so much more reliable?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fix? I've never once received a notification like that. I heard the recent OTA update (Ford Power-Up 1.4.0) might allow that feature to work as expected. I haven't received it yet so I can't confirm it.
Start by checking the app’s Settings -> Notification Settings. If all that is enabled, you probably need to do a Sync master reset. Beware though, this is kind of a pain in the ass because you’re going to lose all your settings and PAAK keys and have to set everything up again.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Start by checking the app’s Settings -> Notification Settings. If all that is enabled, you probably need to do a Sync master reset. Beware though, this is kind of a pain in the ass because you’re going to lose all your settings and PAAK keys and have to set everything up again.
I did not get the walkaway notice until I had the recall completed. It started immediately once that was done.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did not get the walkaway notice until I had the recall completed. It started immediately once that was done.
That’s a good idea.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it was related to that OTA, I had previously completely removed PaaK for about a month, so I was going in fresh and all my settings on Android are good. I only just started using it again with v 3.24.

That makes sense. I was scheduled to have that done tomorrow but I canceled it. My dealer said they would need my car for 2 or 3 days to do this. That was enough for me know they way too busy and probably don't know what the hell they are doing, so I'm playing it safe and waiting for the OTA.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Is that considered a bug? I never considered it terribly useful, but it always amused me how rock solid reliable that notice was when so many other things didn’t work. I wonder if that particular notice is being sent to the phone directly through Bluetooth because the phone is still in range while walking away, and that’s why it is so much more reliable?
Plus it popped up when I locked with the dam button. It makes no sense. I have now turned off all notifications.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After 4 hours, I've had enough. No need to test for full day when I clearly know the battery drain issue hasn't been addressed at all.

After the first hour things were looking promising. 3 hours later complete disaster. Keep in mind the app was only running in the background. I never once opened the app since unplugging my phone from charging overnight. The odd part is it actually got worse over time:

@ 1 hour: 1% usage
@ 2 hours: 3% usage (2 point increase)
@3 hours: 8% usage (5 point increase)
@4 hours: 14% usage (6 point increase)

@Ford Motor Company FYI this battery drain issue is still a major problem even with the most recent release v3.25 on Android (probably iOS as well).
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.25 released Screenshot_20210701-084114

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.25 released Screenshot_20210701-113321

Last edited: