SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
I updated to FordPass 3.25 this morning. I started the app @ 8:00AM prior to driving the car all morning.

By 1:30PM I received an Android warning that FordPass was using 35% of the CPU.

At that time my phone was in my pocket 300 feet from my locked MME in the garage after parking it at 11:30 AM.

My only guess that the app was in some frantic pinging/communication loop in an attempt to connect to the car therefore consuming CPU. The app appears to be using more battery than the 3.24 version.

I opted out of doing 21B36 as my dealer seemed mildly reluctant to give it a shot. They had experienced two troublesome updates prior to my call.

I installed an application monitor.

I restarted the FordPass app and I will keep tabs on the app and see if it behaves.

SimS
Sponsored

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I updated to FordPass 3.25 this morning. I started the app @ 8:00AM prior to driving the car all morning.

By 1:30PM I received an Android warning that FordPass was using 35% of the CPU.

At that time my phone was in my pocket 300 feet from my locked MME in the garage after parking it at 11:30 AM.

My only guess that the app was in some frantic pinging/communication loop in an attempt to connect to the car therefore consuming CPU. The app appears to be using more battery than the 3.24 version.

I opted out of doing 21B36 as my dealer seemed mildly reluctant to give it a shot. They had experienced two troublesome updates prior to my call.

I installed an application monitor.

I restarted the FordPass app and I will keep tabs on the app and see if it behaves.

SimS
I can attest to the high CPU usage as well. When the app is running in the background my phone is unusually warm while sitting idle. At times it got so bad that my phone started over heating and disabled wireless charging.

Once I got in the habit of using the cancel button on the Fordpass notification (Android) the battery drain issue goes away. Maybe that is how they intended it to be used since that button was placed there. If so, that is a really bad design/functionality. PaaK should function purely as a utility, turn it on (better yet, auto load on startup), and forget about it. Sadly we have a ways to go with this app before we get to that point.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
FordPass(3.25) uses enormous amounts of energy.
It ha s now taken over my phone. FordPass is frozen. It continuously takes over my phone with "FordPass isn't responding" notice which is harder each occurrence to remove. Reappears in minutes. Tried wait, send feedback. Finally closed app.
I do not understand all of this nonsense. I guess I am not savvy enough to get it to work. Good thing, that fob.

We were planning a road tip to MN this summer, but I have to rethink that now. Charging on the road, EA, etc. I guess if we want to do it, I will have to get rid of FordPass with its endless problems. How will that affect charging at EA? It already seems to be troublesome with FordPass......
Back to the drawing board.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
This is all really weird. I was having the battery issues with 3.24. 3.25, at least after 24 hours, uses less battery than any version of Ford Pass yet. I charged 2hrs ago and Ford Pass isn't even showing up in my battery list yet.
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is all really weird. I was having the battery issues with 3.24. 3.25, at least after 24 hours, uses less battery than any version of Ford Pass yet. I charged 2hrs ago and Ford Pass isn't even showing up in my battery list yet.
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Mine still sucks. And no comments on the Clash of Clans. It's important for maintaining one's sanity. ?

Screenshot_20210701-191644.png

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My battery drain hasn't really changed over versions.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.25 released Screenshot_20210701-211733_Device care

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Well, this is certainly new for me on this version.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.25 released Screenshot_20210701-234937_Device care

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
My battery drain hasn't really changed over versions.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.25 released Screenshot_20210701-234937_Device care
By not changing, do you mean it still sucks as much as always ??

Regardless, 20% battery drain over 10 hours for a background app is absurd.

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Super Duty, 2021 Premium Mach-E x4
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I have seen a slight increase in battery consumption. However, my biggest issue is when I have my car plugged in and charging the FordPass app says plugged in not charging. The car is charging in my garage. I also am having more instances where PAAK is slower to respond, or apple car play won't connect, than it was with 3.24. I've had the car for 6 days today and love it though.

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Cloud connectivity between my car and the FordPass app has been completely broken since 3.24 - the last successful refresh was on June 8th. I can't view my charge level, push any settings, or remote start.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm reluctant to remove the car from my garage and start the whole setup process again, but since 3.25 didn't fix the problem that seems like my only option.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Cloud connectivity between my car and the FordPass app has been completely broken since 3.24 - the last successful refresh was on June 8th. I can't view my charge level, push any settings, or remote start.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm reluctant to remove the car from my garage and start the whole setup process again, but since 3.25 didn't fix the problem that seems like my only option.
Ford appears to have kill any interaction with status of vehicle with a promise message of it coming back even better. There is a trick to refresh it that has been posted elsewhere here on this forum. Charging status etc. are now not refreshed for me automatically but the paak remote start, trunk, windows etc. work no problem.

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Ford appears to have kill any interaction with status of vehicle with a promise message of it coming back even better. There is a trick to refresh it that has been posted elsewhere here on this forum. Charging status etc. are now not refreshed for me automatically but the paak remote start, trunk, windows etc. work no problem.
Unfortunately after digging a bit further I'm worried my modem is completely busted... I removed the car from my account, and now FordPass returns an error when attempting to send the activation request - "Sorry, your authorization rights for [Mach E] could not be changed. Please try again later." Attempting to access the Connected Services settings menu from Sync4A just spins and does nothing. So I'm not sure the problem is on the FordPass side.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately after digging a bit further I'm worried my modem is completely busted... I removed the car from my account, and now FordPass returns an error when attempting to send the activation request - "Sorry, your authorization rights for [Mach E] could not be changed. Please try again later." Attempting to access the Connected Services settings menu from Sync4A just spins and does nothing. So I'm not sure the problem is on the FordPass side.
Did you get the power up update I think it was for cell? Post and wiki. You're logged in. No Bluetooth (paak phone auto app)? No Wi-fi? What else stop working? It could be a glitch at their end with your token?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Does this fix the constant notice of your car was walk away locked?
You think these notices are a problem? I think it's a great feature since I turned off that awful walk-away horn honk.
Sponsored