bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
My guess is adding the extra layer to get to tire pressure, etc., was purposeful to free up processing for the PAAK. When I upgraded from my Samsung S8 to an S20 my PAAK behaved a lot better.
I highly doubt that. It was most likely to speed up load time. The app is mostly a shell that loads a bunch of stuff from the internet. Having less to display allows the app to appear faster. PAAK is a background process and 99% of the time will not be unlocking/starting the car while someone is using the app.
Sponsored

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After a full day of the new version on Android, my battery usage has been vastly better. Instead of Ford Pass being 40%+, it's now 1%. Need more time to tell for sure, but it's starting off promising.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I highly doubt that. It was most likely to speed up load time. The app is mostly a shell that loads a bunch of stuff from the internet. Having less to display allows the app to appear faster. PAAK is a background process and 99% of the time will not be unlocking/starting the car while someone is using the app.
Well the PAAK seems to work better so whatever they did is fine by me.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got the update, and picked up my car after the TSB for high speed charging was performed. My charging location, and settings, are now gone. Can't setup new settings until I've charged at home once, which won't happen until tonight. It's trying to charge now, but the JuiceBox 48 is set to not allow charging until 7PM unless I override it.

Despite the updates, and having 1.6 and then 1.4, I still don't have SecuriAlert...
Not missing much with Securialert i ended up shutting it off. It sends you a notification when you open the door with PAAK it should be set to only notify you when the doors are open when phone or FOB are not near. Not a great feature in my view others may like it. It sent me to many notifications every time the door was open. You drive to a few stores every time you open the door you get a notification.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It didn’t fix the crashing issue on my iPhone 11. It was stable until about 28 or 29 for me. Since then, I get background crashes at least once a day. PaaK won’t work without the app running. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m thinking about deleting and reinstalling, what is all involved with that?
When apps crash like that usually something got corrupted you normally have to delete it and reinstall.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
With v3.31 the battery drain issue was FINALLY fixed on Android. Even with this version it rarely ever uses more than 1-2% battery after a full day. I never close the PaaK service either. App performance is night and day faster than ever, although I mainly only use it to pre-start the car on hot days.

PaaK seems to be working more reliability too, although it is too soon to make that claim. If PaaK works flawlessly for at least a couple weeks I will bump my rating of the app to 3 stars for sure. Hopefully we've turned the corner on most of the major issue with this app.

JuliaSWMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE Nite Pony
Country flag
For those reporting that PAAK is working better, did you get the recall and have had the module replaced? How is PAAK working better exactly, faster connection to the car?

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Still waiting for the upgrades to the battery/charge logs. Still VERY buggy, with wildly-inaccurate estimates on distance added, and it completely misses some of my charging sessions. Also, we really need a 'total kWh added' in the summary. I know what my percent charged is...what I REALLY want to know is how many kWh I added to my battery.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
For those reporting that PAAK is working better, did you get the recall and have had the module replaced? How is PAAK working better exactly, faster connection to the car?
I've found PAAK to be generally reliable, especially after the dealer software install (recall visit). I've had the car for over 10,000 miles and have never used the key fob. I don't even take the key fob on road trips. PAAK isn't perfect, but it's never left me locked out or stranded.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My guess is adding the extra layer to get to tire pressure, etc., was purposeful to free up processing for the PAAK. When I upgraded from my Samsung S8 to an S20 my PAAK behaved a lot better.
And that’s fine. Nobody is using FordPass to check tire pressure. Nest that and all the other pointless stuff. Put all the useful stuff on one page and call it good.
- State of Charge and GOM
- Charge Management and Locate DCFC
- Active charging status
- Controls (remote start, lock, windows, lift gate, etc.)

I mean, that’s basically it. Why Ford can’t understand this is beyond me. Why they insist on packing this app to the gills with pointless stuff is beyond me. Or keep it all files away somewhere but get it outa my way.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
With v3.31 the battery drain issue was FINALLY fixed on Android. Even with this version it rarely ever uses more than 1-2% battery after a full day. I never close the PaaK service either. App performance is night and day faster than ever, although I mainly only use it to pre-start the car on hot days.
Yes, I noticed the same improvement with 3.31 and continuing with this version. Yay! My phone is the Google Pixel 3a.

PaaK seems to be working more reliability too, although it is too soon to make that claim.
I'd say it's a little better than before but still glitchy. I've used the backup code once during the last few weeks.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With v3.31 the battery drain issue was FINALLY fixed on Android. Even with this version it rarely ever uses more than 1-2% battery after a full day.
Interesting. Mine was just as bad on 3.31 as prior versions. 3.32 seems to have finally fixed it for me. They must have been chasing different issues on different hardware/Android releases. It's good progress to see, and if anything is, worthy of a release notes line item.

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Yes, that’s coming in October!! LOL.
I just got Blue Cruise..... Sorry I was dreaming.
I did drive over 500km today and found the lane centering and cruise control works very well on the highway. It made the drive so much easier. It adds a level of safety on such long drives.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not missing much with Securialert i ended up shutting it off. It sends you a notification when you open the door with PAAK it should be set to only notify you when the doors are open when phone or FOB are not near. Not a great feature in my view others may like it. It sent me to many notifications every time the door was open. You drive to a few stores every time you open the door you get a notification.
That’s why I only have Securialert active from 11 pm to 7 am.
Sponsored