Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After days of trying to avoid updating, my Ford Pass just got updated and I can't go back. I am trying to live with it but there are so many dead buttons.
For example on the home screen the LOCATION button is dead: I tap on it and nothing happens. So it no longer shows that my MME is at home?
Then on the Energy screen, PUBLIC CHARGING is dead: I tap it and nothing happens. What is supposed to happen? Is it supposed to show nearby chargers? Well, if so, mine doesn't.
What happened to the Plug and Charge screen? Is it gone? Or is it hidden someplace?
On so many other buttons I only get a message, "enable charge locations in vehicle". So why have a phone app if I have to do everything in the vehicle??!! I can't even search for nearby chargers unless I am in the car, can I? Someone please help us understand how to use the new version.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The new 5.0 interface seems to be about 20% complete. Its pretty shocking they are allowing everyone to access it now.

geeklifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CR1, 2020 Niro EV
Country flag
And my buttons are all dead again. Tell me how this helps my experience to not be able to use most of the app?

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I know clearing the app cache has fixed FordPass app strange issues in the past for me.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
And my buttons are all dead again. Tell me how this helps my experience to not be able to use most of the app?
My wife's phone updated to the new app this morning. Bluetooth was connected. PAAK didn't work. Keyboard didn't pop up on the center display. To say she was mad is an understatement. Only good thing is it happened at home so she could access her FOB.

She was talking about not getting another Ford when her Options term is up. This might push her over the edge.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Mine is working great including Apple Watch.

Reset needed? Location services etc.?

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
I’ve had 5.0 for 6 months in the beta program and it works great. Just touch a control button to open. Everything works fine for me

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
No issues here as well. Been a beta tester and always worked flawlessly. iPhone user. Not sure what this app cache clearing thing is. Posting not to rub it in but to let people know not everyone is having issues. Many of us have been using it fine for months.

For those with issues, have you tried deleting the app and redownloadingng it? Also when you post an issue let users know what kinda of phone you are have, it will allow other users here to respond with more helpful advice.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
After days of trying to avoid updating, my Ford Pass just got updated and I can't go back. I am trying to live with it but there are so many dead buttons.
For example on the home screen the LOCATION button is dead: I tap on it and nothing happens. So it no longer shows that my MME is at home?
Then on the Energy screen, PUBLIC CHARGING is dead: I tap it and nothing happens. What is supposed to happen? Is it supposed to show nearby chargers? Well, if so, mine doesn't.
What happened to the Plug and Charge screen? Is it gone? Or is it hidden someplace?
On so many other buttons I only get a message, "enable charge locations in vehicle". So why have a phone app if I have to do everything in the vehicle??!! I can't even search for nearby chargers unless I am in the car, can I? Someone please help us understand how to use the new version.
not sure what the problem is for your phone. My android updated, when I click on "location" it takes me to a map that shows geographic location. It also appears you can enter a route in there as well.

On "energy" screen the public charging map comes with filters where you can search for charging stations.

So it sounds like your update didn't complete?

"plug and charge" is in the "energy" section. gives you a list of choices, "public charging", Target Charge", "preferred charge times", "departure times", "access and permissions"(blue oval network), "charge history", "charge station".

I havent really messed around with it too much but it looks a lot easier to work with than previous version

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I was part of EA and early on some of the issues you have were present but everything you call out is working for me today.

Under account, you can find the link to Plug n Charge Select connected Services and it takes you to the web page BlueOval charge network you then have the Manage button

Nearby chargers show up for me including Tesla 🤷‍♂️

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
I had the same issue when I opened the app and had the new version, but then I updated fordpass through the app store and then everything is fine.

Peugfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Linc MKX, 2021 MME Prem 4EX Infinite Blue
Country flag
My "locaiton" and "public charging" worked yesterday but not today. Weird.
Energy>Public Charging gives me a map of charging stations and it now show the kw speed of the stations in the location icon. For Tesla stations that are 150 kw it adds “not compatible” in the pop up window which is nice.

thecodingart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid AGT, Mach-e
Occupation
Former Platform Software Engineer Lead - @Ford on FordPass
Country flag
would you mind clarifying if this is the android app or the iOS app?
Sponsored