Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Lead PaaK Android Developer
Country flag
How does paak work w the batter restrictions?
I know this is not supposed to be the answer, but turning on all the battery management settings in my Samsung Note 9 has appeared to stop the battery draining issue. I am carrying a Fob so I cannot say the impact to how well PaaK functions, except that the other night I went to the car without my Fob to get something out, and I could not unlock it even though the phone was in my pocket. I had to use the keypad on the door.
If you have battery optimization on it will cause the PaaK service to killed by the OS because we run in the background for so long. The worst part of that is because we are killed by the OS and not by the user or our application we can't properly remove the PaaK notification. This leads to PaaK not working until the application is launched. Once the application is launched it restarts the PaaK service (you would see no change in the notification when this happens) and we get to run again for a little while until the OS kills us again for running in the background to long.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
If you have battery optimization on it will cause the PaaK service to killed by the OS because we run in the background for so long. The worst part of that is because we are killed by the OS and not by the user or our application we can't properly remove the PaaK notification. This leads to PaaK not working until the application is launched. Once the application is launched it restarts the PaaK service (you would see no change in the notification when this happens) and we get to run again for a little while until the OS kills us again for running in the background to long.
Well, this is a pickle. Today when I went to get in my car after loading my Home Depot purchases in the back, the door would not open. Not only did I have my phone in my pocket but I also was carrying the infallible Fob. It failed. I had to press "unlock" on my Fob to get the car unlocked. WTH is the deal????

PaaK_Android

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Country flag
Well, this is a pickle. Today when I went to get in my car after loading my Home Depot purchases in the back, the door would not open. Not only did I have my phone in my pocket but I also was carrying the infallible Fob. It failed. I had to press "unlock" on my Fob to get the car unlocked. WTH is the deal????
I'm sorry for the trouble. The key FOB is a totally different system. I have nothing to do with the FOB. As for why PaaK wasn't working. I think my previous post answers that.

Also we have done some additional work on the service and added additional measures to ensure the battery drain doesn't happen. I'm hoping this next release will do the trick.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm sorry for the trouble. The key FOB is a totally different system. I have nothing to do with the FOB. As for why PaaK wasn't working. I think my previous post answers that.

Also we have done some additional work on the service and added additional measures to ensure the battery drain doesn't happen. I'm hoping this next release will do the trick.
Great! I hope you will post in the forum when the new release is out and what we should expect? I may try PaaK again then. On the other hand, I will probably wait until I get all my modules updated before trying it again. I think part of my problem revolves around the versions I am running in my car.

By the way, we really appreciate your contributions here. Thank you!

PaaK_Android

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Country flag
Great! I hope you will post in the forum when the new release is out and what we should expect? I may try PaaK again then. On the other hand, I will probably wait until I get all my modules updated before trying it again. I think part of my problem revolves around the versions I am running in my car.

By the way, we really appreciate your contributions here. Thank you!
To be entirely honest, I want you all to enjoy the feature. I, and my team, try to make the best product we can. I appreciate all the members here for being understanding and helping us to make the feature better.

Twilloo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Select AWD comfort/tech pkg
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
Sad to report that the battery drain just came back over the last 36 hours. FordPass is using like 35ish% of my battery now.

If i get rid of PAAK will this solve the drain? Im happy to get rid of it and wait. Im a Job 2er, so I have two FOBs. I will miss the frunk button though....
are you referring to the frunk button that is in menu on center screen? I did not know that it would go away if you removed paak. Are we ever going to be able to open frunk from the ford pass. The button is there but it does not work. I would assume with paak removed you could still open the frunk with the outside combo?

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
are you referring to the frunk button that is in menu on center screen? I did not know that it would go away if you removed paak. Are we ever going to be able to open frunk from the ford pass. The button is there but it does not work. I would assume with paak removed you could still open the frunk with the outside combo?
I mean the frunk button in my Fordpass app. I have a job 2. If you install Paak with. Job 2, you get the frunk open button in FordPass.

Twilloo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
I mean the frunk button in my Fordpass app. I have a job 2. If you install Paak with. Job 2, you get the frunk open button in FordPass.
Yes I also have a job 2 and I have the frunk button in FP but it does not work and others have said the same. Have you used the FP frunk button with success?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I also have a job 2 and I have the frunk button in FP but it does not work and others have said the same. Have you used the FP frunk button with success?
I have. Don't use it all the time but it has never failed when I have used it.

lemmyslender

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Select AWD SR Comfort/Tech Rapid Red
Country flag
Used the frunk button twice today. Don't use it often, but it's work since I got the car.

Twilloo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
Used the frunk button twice today. Don't use it often, but it's work since I got the car.
Just tried mine and it works now but this is the first time in the week that I have the car. It maybe that you have to be fairly close to car.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
It maybe that you have to be fairly close to car.
You need to be bluetooth-connected for it to work, so pretty close.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
oh Paak its been a happy divorce. My oversized fob you are now the love of my life. No polygamy here as Ford only gave me one fob.
Sponsored