Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My Ford pass app unable to log in. Also tried to sign in on line to Ford account. It’s also down.

kind of wonder what if I was out in grocery store?! Won’t be able to start car and get stranded!
This is where you use your door key to get in and then your backup keycode to start the car. I just tried it out now to see if it would still work with Ford down. It still works.
Sponsored

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
This is where you use your door key to get in and then your backup keycode to start the car. I just tried it out now to see if it would still work with Ford down. It still works.
This is where Ford relies on the dealerships to educate the new owners. I believe they get compensated for the handover process.

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
Glad to hear it works, however I always use PaaK but today I had a bad feeling and grabbed the FOB.

Hope this isn't a ransomware event

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
My Ford pass app unable to log in. Also tried to sign in on line to Ford account. It’s also down.

kind of wonder what if I was out in grocery store?! Won’t be able to start car and get stranded!
I used the backup code to enter and start the car.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
iPhone and computer web browser not working at all.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
You guys…. What if FordPass is down because Ford is about to unveil a brand new FordPass that works way better?! It’s like Christmas Eve!

Yamifromiami

First Name
Yamile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE Premium AWD ext battery
Country flag
Me to. I thought it was because I took it to the dealer this morning to update the software recall of the PAAK

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
PAAK is still 100% working for me even with the app not able to communicate with Ford.

Before walking to the car, it was saying fordpass isn't available now. and showed -- for charge % and Mi distance to empty.

As I walked to the car, the app went from bluetooth disconnected, to bluetooth connected, car light up, and I was able to open the door, and start the car with no fob and with no FordPass connectivity.

Android running fordpass 3.24.0

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
PAAK is still 100% working for me even with the app not able to communicate with Ford.

Before walking to the car, it was saying fordpass isn't available now. and showed -- for charge % and Mi distance to empty.

As I walked to the car, the app went from bluetooth disconnected, to bluetooth connected, car light up, and I was able to open the door, and start the car with no fob and with no FordPass connectivity.

Android running fordpass 3.24.0
That proves a theory I had that it’s just the Bluetooth connection that authenticates you, nothing in the app.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That proves a theory I had that it’s just the Bluetooth connection that authenticates you, nothing in the app.
That is a pretty solid theory. It does all the authentication and everything at setup, and after that it trusts that connection.

The only time this may be an issue is if the app also signed out, or maybe got an update during an outage. Not sure what would happen if you were just stuck at the sign-in page of the app.

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I believe it does a certificate exchange over the Bluetooth connection, and uses that certificate to authenticate PaaK.

I was able to login finally in the app just now. It saw no vehicle at first (empty garage), but that came back a couple minutes later. Will know if my PaaK survived after I finish this margarita...

ETA: Worked fine!

Last edited:

Omar

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Well for me It making me setup everything again now can’t set up the phone as a key can’t connect to the Bluetooth
Sponsored