Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Journeys were working for me because I was selecting to save all. But now I have to chose between Apple carplay or the barely useless Applink. I guess I have to say good buy to Journeys for now.

I feels like Ford is taking Google’s approach to the old Google+ Social media. “ …don’t worry AppLink, I will make them love you…”

I hope they don’t force me to use their Navigation in order to activate BlueCruise.

Edit: I have to remediate my rant here. After some additional testing I can see Journeys are still being saved even without using the AppLink. The instructions about having to disable CarPlay might be incorrect. Or this is a bug that happened for good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
All I want to know is did they finally fix the Android drain issue?
There has never been and Android drain issue in the iOS version ;)

There's another thread for 3.27.0 on Android.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Exactly, its like don't we get graded on it being a Mustang, not a normal Ford? Harsh acceleration should be bonus points.
I just judge the scores in opposite directions when I drive in Unbridled vs. the others. Think of it as a scale from efficient to fun.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In Map, when I start typing in the destination name in the search I get "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding. Please try again later."
Good news: the map and trip planner in 3.27.0 are both working for me today.

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wait FordPass can send you a notification when the car locks?
Yes when you walk away you get a notification that your car is locked. Since 3.27.0 doesn't always work. Car still doesn't save all your settings. hoping with future software updates it fixes these little annoying things. But love the car!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think I figured it out. On Wifi, it wouldn't load. On cellular it loaded fine.

Looked in my PiHole and it was hitting a new URL that was being blocked

"ford.demdex.net" is what it was showing in the logs. After whitelisting this everything except for SecuriAlert is showing for me again.

A quick google found this:

"Demdex.net This is a legacy domain controlled by Adobe. It reflects the original, pre-acquisition name of Audience Manager (Demdex). Adobe acquired Demdex in 2011 and re-branded the company as Audience Manager. It is difficult to change this domain because it is entwined deeply with Audience Manager, the Adobe Experience Cloud ID Service, and our installed user base. You may see other prefixes attached to legacy demdex.net calls (e.g., dcs.demdex.net, fast.demdex.net, etc.). Regardless of the prefix, a call to something.demdex.net is always a call to Adobe and not to some unknown or suspicious third-party domain. "
For me (iOS) FP won't default back to data if wi-fi is connected but no wan connection thru it. If it does not phone home (have wan connection) FP will not load right if at all. It is convenient but you count on a bit more going right.

I just judge the scores in opposite directions when I drive in Unbridled vs. the others. Think of it as a scale from efficient to fun.
Need to put me beside someone in unbridled to see if us whisper guys are having any fun. Wonder how long they would be beside? ;)

Had no lock on walk away a couple of times since 3.27. Never a prob before.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
For me (iOS) FP won't default back to data if wi-fi is connected but no wan connection thru it. If it does not phone home (have wan connection) FP will not load right if at all. It is convenient but you count on a bit more going right.

Need to put me beside someone in unbridled to see if us whisper guys are having any fun. Wonder how long they would be beside? ;)

Had no lock on walk away a couple of times since 3.27. Never a prob before.
I think PaaK in general is slightly worse with 3.27. I only remember one walk away lock failure before and already have 2 with 3.27. I have only seen the welcome lights once after update, and it was fairly consistent before. Wake on approach in general is not working as well; I usually need to press the door button once to wake up the car, and again to open.

I'm taking it to the dealer today to fix the driver's door not opening unless another door is opened first, maybe it will improve after.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think PaaK in general is slightly worse with 3.27. I only remember one walk away lock failure before and already have 2 with 3.27. I have only seen the welcome lights once after update, and it was fairly consistent before. Wake on approach in general is not working as well; I usually need to press the door button once to wake up the car, and again to open.

I'm taking it to the dealer today to fix the driver's door not opening unless another door is opened first, maybe it will improve after.
Hope it helps. We need to flag things so Ford can fix them. Right now it is hard not to update but that should change when things settle down. Good to know it was working and now is not which kind of points to software not hardware.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

My walk-away lock is still working fine and PaaK is working for my wife again.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I just tried with the fob, and I’m having the same behavior with that as with my phone with regards to the lack of welcome lighting. Walk away lock has worked every time today as well. So I retract my comment that PaaK is not as good with this update.
Sponsored