zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
thanks for noting actual use.....
I doubt I will update until there is progress on this issue specifically.

are you following this Thread @Ford Motor Company?
we want the battery use reduced, and re-connection on approach quicker....
AND specific release notes so we know what's fixed in each release.
What version are you using now? It's definitely better than 3.26 and 3.25 was.
Sponsored

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Thanks this type of observation is appreciated. Phone type? Guess it was not lighting up for you much on approach before if you were standing beside the door for 2 seconds. I have found as 3.27 settled down it has start working better also and has been good this past week? Just toke the 1/2 hour to get carplay booting and functioning adequately on that release. Guess i may guinea pig again.
I am using Samsung S10. I think a good number of us are guinea pigs and I'm somewhat ok since most pain points are minor in the larger scheme of things. One thing Ford should have done differently was simply give two fobs with the car. Having one seems to be a problem with everyone with PAAK issues.

Regarding lighting up. You are correct, it was not lighting up on approach using PAAK until a second or two while standing at the door. It did light up on approach with the fob. I typically would not carry my fob unless I expect rain. So I was pleasantly surprised to see the car activate on approach. This is an experience (or phone/software configuration) that I hope could be duplicated and put into production and/or OTA. Same with fellow members with iPhones and other unique phones.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Are you saying Fordpass used 22% of your battery after 3 hours? If so, that is crazy high.

I'm on a Pixel 5 as well, yesterday after about 8.5 hours it used 3% of my battery which isn't bad at all. Today is the first full day using PaaK again (left the fob at home). So far so good. Usually I have a hard time getting the door to open first thing in the morning from home. This time I pressed button to open the door, heard the usual clicks when it wakes up, then 2-3 seconds later pressed it again and it worked. Start button worked right after that.
No, that was overall battery drain. Last time I did experiments with FordPass doing its full thing, my Pixel battery was dead in about 4 hours. I do not believe the battery usage system really captures all of the battery it is using. Without FordPass, my battery is above 50% at end of day. With this new version, I am sitting at 45% now and FordPass has moved up to my number 1 user.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
iPhone wise the last non battery draining FP version was 3.24. That might have been the only non battery draining version as well.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
No, that was overall battery drain. Last time I did experiments with FordPass doing its full thing, my Pixel battery was dead in about 4 hours. I do not believe the battery usage system really captures all of the battery it is using. Without FordPass, my battery is above 50% at end of day. With this new version, I am sitting at 45% now and FordPass has moved up to my number 1 user.
So far today the app has been running for 5.5 hours and has used 8% of my battery. Almost all of that time has been while I've been at work away from my car. Based on older versions it seems to have improved some, but that is still way too much battery drain for an app running in the background. On a positive note at least Ford fixed the cancel button on the notification a version or two ago. Now it doesn't require a force close on the app when you're not needing it for a while.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
First impressions.

Iphone i7
Windows down first press
Windows up first press
Trunk open first press
Trunk close first press

First press opened up
Started and apple carplay booted a bit faster.

Shut it off and no key detected, recognized it again and restarted.

Locked on walk away but the mirrors folded in while set not too.

Android S8
Windows down first press
Windows up second press
Trunk open first press
Trunk close first press

First press opened up
Not starting sitting in wife's seating position.
Locked on walk away

So far ok for me no crashing or setting up paak again it was all pretty uneventful as was 3.27.

SmileyDude

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD, 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
After going a month and a half of not having any serious issues with the app, the new version is downright unusable on iOS now for me. It seems like location services are running all the time now and my phone is burning hot while I have it in the car. I’m going to try disabling location services to see if that helps. Hoping it doesn’t break other functionality.

Update: looks like PaaK requires location services.

BC2BFB04-FB64-4BC5-96F6-A23D4C66337D.png

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
What version are you using now? It's definitely better than 3.26 and 3.25 was.
I am at 3.25.0 on android.
if battery use is not significantly better, I'm ok with force-stop for now.
I am totally NOT ok with having to un-install, re-install, and reset BackupStartCode since that was really not easy on my phone the first time thru. I have a samsung galaxy v7, and it was not on the 'supported' list, which made the install quite difficult.

OP
OP
zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I am at 3.25.0 on android.
if battery use is not significantly better, I'm ok with force-stop for now.
I am totally NOT ok with having to un-install, re-install, and reset BackupStartCode since that was really not easy on my phone the first time thru. I have a samsung galaxy v7, and it was not on the 'supported' list, which made the install quite difficult.
Battery usage is significantly better, but not good enough. I have never had to uninstall, reinstall, etc. Just upgrade through the store. But I'm guessing my phone (Pixel 4) is on the support list so maybe that is the difference.

Last edited:

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Yup, even throwing a charge in the middle the day, my phone is just about dead now. I thought the battery drain was better, but it accelerated throughout the day. Guess I'm back to restricted mode.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Version 3.28.0 Rolling out Screenshot_20210812-204714

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Battery usage is significantly better, but not good enough. I have never had to uninstall, reinstall, etc. Just upgrade through the stir.. But I'm guessing my phone (Pixel 4) is on the support list so maybe that is the difference.
A lot of background activity from FP. The app must be continuously talking to a vehicle that is fast asleep ;). For me it would be preferred if the vehicle was more active and the app a bit less.

Not a huge deal and I am not concerned to the point I miss out on what is so good and enjoyable in the bigger picture. The car can charge the phone. A new phone battery is about 20 bucks. I am pretty sure Ford is aware of the situation by now and is working towards alleviating it. There is no lack of letting them know about it on this forum and they are represented here. Thinking they got it.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
After going a month and a half of not having any serious issues with the app, the new version is downright unusable on iOS now for me. It seems like location services are running all the time now and my phone is burning hot while I have it in the car. I’m going to try disabling location services to see if that helps. Hoping it doesn’t break other functionality.

Update: looks like PaaK requires location services.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Version 3.28.0 Rolling out Screenshot_20210812-204714
Whaaaaaat?
You can open/close the windows and trunk?
Also use the horn and light?
New with 3.28?

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Super Duty, 2021 Premium Mach-E x4
Occupation
Military
Country flag
After having a great PAAK experience the past 6 weeks that I have owned my car I guess the honeymoon is over. Ever since this FP update, and my car receiving 1.4 and 1.6 updates mine has run like crap. Last night FP crashed on me while I was at the airport in the cell phone lot and I had to use the passcode to operate the car. Reloaded the app and then PAAK would not load on my phone. So annoying. iPhone 11.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Whaaaaaat?
You can open/close the windows and trunk?
Also use the horn and light?
New with 3.28?
Not new they have been there since last February. It shows up after you install the pack sub-module. With just the FP app you get the top row lock/unlock and remote start (part paak) once you set up paak the bottom row of paak shows up.
Sponsored