Free Electrify America Charging Weekend (Memorial Day?)

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So I noticed that on plugshare all EA station charges show offline for me everywhere. But the EA app shows them available... Going to be a fun trip today.
That's odd. Do you mean the wrench symbol?
Sponsored

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
My partner just charged at an EA station a couple of hours go. We paid our $0.31/kWh usual fee for it. This station is usually free when they run a free day.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I noticed that in plug share different locations show up depending on whether I use a 2021 MME or 2022 MME. The 2022 shows fewer locations on same map. Strange

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I just charged briefly at an EA station in Pacific Grove, CA, mainly to see if this was a free day. Nope, it wasn't!

Perhaps tomorrow or the next day, since Monday is the actual holiday!

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Metallic Premium Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
I went by an EA station here in Vegas a little while ago. It was not offering Free charging. As stated
previously, the holiday is actually Monday. Not like Christmas where it was free from December 23
until January 3. Darn I wish I needed to visit someone back then.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I went by an EA station here in Vegas a little while ago. It was not offering Free charging. As stated
previously, the holiday is actually Monday. Not like Christmas where it was free from December 23
until January 3. Darn I wish I needed to visit someone back then.
That would have been a good time to take a long road trip! Just checked Plugshare for the nearest EA and there were no comments related to free charging but I am still holding off until tomorrow! Lol

motown moproblems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium E4X AWD DMG
Country flag
Charged for free at EA in Kalamazoo MI today. It was my first EA charge but didn’t prompt for any payment or use my free 250kwh.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Charged for free at EA in Kalamazoo MI today. It was my first EA charge but didn’t prompt for any payment or use my free 250kwh.
Make sure you log in or use FordPass to check your free hours. I got Ford messages and emails regarding usage days later.

If it didn't say free charging on the screen, you either used your free hours or the charger had communication issues.

motown moproblems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium E4X AWD DMG
Country flag
It said “complimentary” and on the checkout sceeen when I ended the session it zeroed out the $23.xx amount for what I used. I checked FordPass after and it’s still showing 250. Never got prompted to authenticate in any way either. So I guess we’ll see…

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I actually think they were done on purpose to avoid issues with network and payment authorizations on busy weekends. You’ll notice any time there’s a network issue with EA, the chargers are all free.
It wouldn’t surprise me if this was the case. I know Starbucks will just freely give away their product if their systems are unable to process payments.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It said “complimentary” and on the checkout sceeen when I ended the session it zeroed out the $23.xx amount for what I used. I checked FordPass after and it’s still showing 250. Never got prompted to authenticate in any way either. So I guess we’ll see…
When it's an actual promotional free weekend (instead of the payment communications being down and it just being given it away for free), the screen shows the free weekend notice between charges. Here's a fuzzy pic.

It also shows "Welcome, Free" while charging, and "Thank you, Free" on the receipt page when done (normally it shows your name).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Free Electrify America Charging Weekend (Memorial Day?) 20220422_120313

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
I charged at an EA station earlier today and had kwh deducted from my 250 included with purchase so it doesn’t seem to be free today. Had to laugh when I saw I was the only one at those stations and the EVGo spaces were all occupied.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Brea, cal. No free charging.
Sponsored